This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Stargate Series Finale

What is your favorite Stargate series finale?

Stargate SG-1: Unending
    Stargate Atlantis: Enemy at the Gate
    Stargate Universe: Gauntlet

I would go with Gauntlet. While it was an open ending. I think it manage to keep the spirit of SGU while at the same time being a nice metaphor for the Stargate franchise which will go in stasis for some months or years.

I like the way we say goodbye to the characters in the same time they say goodbye to one another. At the same thing they were some great space battles and strategy involve. A great finale, almost epic!!

Maybe the moderators can make this into a poll.
    Unending
    22.00%
    Enemy at the Gate
    10.00%
    Gauntlet
    68.00%
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

I think enemy at the Gate was mine because it brought Atlantis full circle with it's return to earth. And while it had the opportunity to be a two-Part episode With the stories it's had it still was nice for them to show the main points in the 45 minute extended episode.

Comment

Gauntlet by a mile.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm going with Gauntlet, as well.

Second would be Enemy at the Gate.

And I can't even say that Unending would ever be a favorite of mine, even though SG1 is my favorite of the three series.

Comment

Gauntlet!!!

Comment

Stargate Universe: Gauntlet
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Gauntlet.
              http://crazystuffofrandomness.tumblr.com/ My Tumblr page...
              sigpic

Comment

SG-1: Great finale, but I didn't like how the Asgard committed mass suicide like that. Did they have to explode their planet? It would have made more sense, to me, if the Asgard had hidden their fleet of ships somewhere for when humanity is one day ready to embrace the responsibility that comes with that power. I'd also like to have seen there be a few survivors. How is it that the entire species contracted the disease at the same time? Shouldn't Hermiod, an Asgard in the Pegasus galaxy, have been exempt for example? Other than how the Asgard was handled, good finale. As for the whole time bubble concept, I like that Teal'c stayed old. If they'd all returned to their youth, it would have defeated the glimpse into the future. With Teal'c old, it all happened for him, hence it happened even if it didn't.

SGA: Of the two finales I did see, this one takes the cake. SG-1's finale was mostly about five people trapped on a starship. This episode was all over the map! A super hive has Earth's coordinates and the means to get there. Further, it's disabling every Earth ship in it's path. SG-1 and the Odyssey are on a secret mission, out of contact. That forces Sheppard's team and later Atlantis itself to save the day. I love that Atlantis flew all the way back to Earth in the finale. I called that after seeing the first episode, "Rising."

SGU: I didn't see it.

Comment

"Gauntlet." Let's be honest, this isn't even a contest given how poor the other two are. The Universe finale being one of the franchise's finest hours is just icing on the cake.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Stargate Infinity: The Long Haul

Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      "Gauntlet." Let's be honest, this isn't even a contest given how poor the other two are. The Universe finale being one of the franchise's finest hours is just icing on the cake.
                      What was wrong with "Enemy at the Gate?"

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        What was wrong with "Enemy at the Gate?"
                        I could really go on all day about what's wrong with that episode. To name just a few things? Rushed plot, illogical advances by the Wraith, lack of any real resolution...

Oh, and did I mention the wormhole drive?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The plot was rushed, and the series does end a little unresolved. However, that is because the episode was envisioned as a season finale. Like SGU, the show was cancelled after the last episode had been filmed. Fortunately, SGA's finale can double as a true series finale, even if it's a bit rushed. If they scrapped "Vegas" in favor of "Enemy at the Gate" being a two-parter or TV movie event, it might have flowed better. As for the illogical advances by the Wraith... they've always had big ridiculous advances. For me, the super hive's main plot hole was that it was super soley because of the ZPM's. It's like saying my car is better than yours because I have a better battery. Um... Finally, the worm hole drive. I liked the concept, but I didn't like that the entire city was risked on a 50/50 chance. They could have simply written the worm hole drive as something being developed during the war and simply abandoned when everyone evacuated back to Earth. That would have made McKay look a bit less... magical, solving things that a whole city of Ancients couldn't

Comment

Stargate Universe Gauntlet
                            Stargate SG-1 Unending
                            Stargate Atlantis Enemy at the Gate

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

For me there's no doubt that it's SGU's 'Gauntlet'. Even though it was a season finale it was superbly done as a series finale, allowing this fan to say goodbye to characters I'd really enjoyed watching develop and interacting over the two years. It also left things perfectly set for any continuation of the Stargate saga in some form. It was the series finale that left me really sad that it had ended.

Of the other two series finales, as much as I loved SG-1, 'Unending' was very unsatisfying. SG-1 was lucky in that the 'The Ark of Truth' was made to give some conclusion and that at least made this fan happy.

'Enemy at the Gate' was a far better series finale. At least Atlantis came back to Earth with all drones blazing to save the day, however far fetched the method used was. It was certainly more action packed and entertaining than SG-1 sitting around in a ship for 50 years, stuck in a time dilation field watering plants. learning to play the cello and running around the corridors to the strains of 'Have You Ever Seen the Rain'. That choice of music still baffles me to this day, more so after the effective use of music in SGU and SGA's 'Vegas'.

Comment

Working...
                              X