This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Scripts

If the two expected movies are not going to be made, and if the scripts have been finalized, does anyone thing they will be released for sale (in book form)?

Obviously, we want movies, but if that is not possible, canon scripts would be a next best option. I know I would buy them if they were made available for sale.

I wouldn't count on it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Mallozzi has said that's what he would like to happen, at least for Extinction, and that we should petition MGM to do it. As far as I'm aware though, no one really seems to be interested in doing that, so I don't see it happening.

Comment

Knowing that the movies will never be made, i'd be happy with just reading the script's. Especially with Extinction. I'm dying to know why the IOA would ever let Atlantis return to Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Mallozzi has said that's what he would like to happen, at least for Extinction, and that we should petition MGM to do it. As far as I'm aware though, no one really seems to be interested in doing that, so I don't see it happening.
          Obviously MGM can do whatever they want, but if the script(s) are done and if the movie(s) are not going to be made, then it makes no business sense not to release them to the market and reap some financial benefit for the work put into them. Of course, after we all bought the scripts and they ended up on the NY Times best seller list, then perhaps the movies could be made (highly unlikely, but you never know).

Comment

I would like it if they released it in book form, probably won't happen though

Comment

Originally posted by PJO3434 View Post
              Obviously MGM can do whatever they want, but if the script(s) are done and if the movie(s) are not going to be made, then it makes no business sense not to release them to the market and reap some financial benefit for the work put into them. Of course, after we all bought the scripts and they ended up on the NY Times best seller list, then perhaps the movies could be made (highly unlikely, but you never know).
              Releasing them doesn't guarantee profit though, they could well lose money on it.

Comment

They would stash the scripts for years before releasing them. This leaves the door open for future reboots and the stories in those scripts can be incorporated. It isn't uncommon for scripts to never see the light of day for many years (or sometimes never).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  They would stash the scripts for years before releasing them. This leaves the door open for future reboots and the stories in those scripts can be incorporated. It isn't uncommon for scripts to never see the light of day for many years (or sometimes never).
                  Exactly.

I'm not sure I'd want the scripts to see the light of day anyway. I think I'd be happier with the franchise ending and enjoying what we've had, rather than tearing my hair out over what might have been.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Good thing i keep mine close shaven (usually buzz cut it every 3 weeks), so i can't pull any out!

Comment

Working...
                    X