• Show
Clear All

How to type in Ancient text in GateWorld

This is how youcan type in ancient text on Gateworld

1. Just go into a program such as NotePad or Microsoft Word,
    2. Select the Ancient font,
    3. Type the text you wish to appear in Ancient,
    4. Copy the text,
    5. Paste into GW (under Advanced edit otherwise it might not preserve the fonts,
    6. Click Submit.

And that's how you can post in Ancient text.

Nice idea , but it only works if you have the font installed from the same source or with a commune source .

It would be better if Darren included in CSS , but that would require work on the file every time they update the soft .
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
      This is how youcan type in ancient text on Gateworld

1. Just go into a program such as NotePad or Microsoft Word,
      2. Select the Ancient font,
      3. Type the text you wish to appear in Ancient,
      4. Copy the text,
      5. Paste into GW (under Advanced edit otherwise it might not preserve the fonts,
      6. Click Submit.

And that's how you can post in Ancient text.
      I'm sure it will eventually be replaced by ??? characters like whenever anyone uses letters with accents or long dashes.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Writing in Ancient will only work with the proper fonts installed. You don't even need to do anything special like character map, just type use the font BB code and it will do it for you. Only problem is, there are several Ancient fonts and you'd need to have them all to make sure you can see messages.

Writing in Ancient will only work with the proper fonts installed. You don't even need to do anything special like character map, just type use the font BB code and it will do it for you. Only problem is, there are several Ancient fonts and you'd need to have them all to make sure you can see messages.

Depending on browsers and fonts, you may not see the text, see ????? or even weird looking squares.
        Last edited by SaberBlade; 23 April 2011, 12:35 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I remember having Ancient, Goa'uld and Asgard installed on my comp. I never used them though
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

ive noticed on every alphabet ive looked at the x and the q symbols are the other way around than in the font its annoying lol which is it?

Comment

Working...
            X