No announcement yet.

The First Stargate Episode You Ever Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was Children of the Gods that I accidentally came across on TV in 1997 or 1998, I don't recall (I was just a kid) and can't find the air date of the pilot for my country. I do remember that I was already interested in science fiction thanks to my brother 'making' me watch the three Star Wars movies with him.

I really liked the pilot (I thought Sam was really cool and that "her boss" - Jack - was funny) and grabbed the TV guide to check the air dates. I quickly became a loyal fan and an S/J shipper after The Broca Divide.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I saw the film when it was first shown at the cinema and COTG when it was first aired on UK tv. I loved the concept from the film and thought it translated really well into the tv series.
      The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Apart from the original movie - in different cuts (loved the one which starts with a "pyramide" spaceship? - sort of explained things so well), it was Children of the Gods which I incidently came across at the local VHS rental, immediately grabbed it since wow a new scifi film/series that I hadn't seen before. GREAT - and it was brilliant. Just love SG1

Comment

My first episode was, believe it or not, Children of the Gods on it's first airing on Showtime. I was over at a friend's house, and we were both MASSIVE fans of the original Stargate movie, as was my friends father, who informed us both that a TV show based on the movie was coming out, and that the first episode was on that night. So the three of us watched it, and I've been hooked ever since. Keep in mind, though, I was 10 in 1997, so when the full-frontal scene came on it was...well...awkward. Ha.
          Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Comment

the movie and then Children of the Gods
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

COTG when it was first shown on SyFy channel.
              Almost choked when I bought the DVD and saw the full version, had no idea that scene existed
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                I saw the film when it was first shown at the cinema and COTG when it was first aired on UK tv. I loved the concept from the film and thought it translated really well into the tv series.
                Exactly the same here - except I saw Stargate TWICE in the cinema!

Once I started collecting the series on DVD, I knew something was up with Children of the Gods. I guess in America the ratings aren't always shown on the disc cases, but here in the UK it had a lovely big '18' certificate, meaning that it must contain either strong violence or strong nudity. Once I saw that, I did a little bit of research beforehand and learned that there was a "naughty" version, so I was quite prepared when I put the disc in for the first time.

A pleasant surprise was discovering that besides that scene, there version on the disc was an extended version of the episode with a number of other new scenes and moments which I had never seen before. For the upcoming rewatch I will be watching the 'Final Cut' of COTG for the first time and I'm really looking forward to it. The original version, however much I enjoyed it back in 1997, is really cheesy and from what I've read, the Final Cut will work much better (Teal'c's lines all being redubbed is going to be a massive improvement).
                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The 1st thing I saw was Continuum, then AoT. : ) Talk about a backward way of getting into Stargate! They were on Netflix instant. I loved the tech, adventure and story. I enjoyed them both, especially the characters. AoT especially made no sense, but I still loved it. I really liked how the team interacted and their obvious friendship and concern for one another. Even though I didn't have the benefit seeing years of episodes detailing the buildup of their friendship, I was intrigued with them nonetheless and couldn't wait to see how it all developed. So I went back and started with CotG. I got hooked from there and haven't stopped since. : )
                  Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I think I saw the feature film first, I'm not sure when, but my first episode was Thor's Chariot. I ran across it when it was halfway through and I thought it looked amazing. I went back and watched the entire season (wouldn't get to see season 1 until in came to Sci Fi), and I was hooked.

Comment

The first episode I watched was 1969 and it was during a marathon when the show first began

Comment

Early 2005 I was flipping throught the channels late at night-came on sci-fi and it was SGA "The Storm"
                        I really liked it and tuned in the next Friday to see the conclusion "The Eye". and was hooked from that point on, making sure to catch SGA every Friday night until it ended at season 5. I also started to watch SG1 concurrently with SGA, which I believe would have been Season 9? not sure, loved that too(had never been interested before-then went back and rewatched all the SG1 I could including the original Movie with Kurt Russell and as soon as they were available watched the first few episodes of SGA that I had missed,
                        Also love SGU and have seen all of SGU/SGA mulitple times and all episodes of SG1 at least once, and of course the two movies AOT and Continuum.
                        SGA was what got me interested in the franchise.

Comment

I can't remember, I was skeptical at first, but when I gave it a chance again I liked it, it took a while to grow on me though. At first I really thought it was silly It was probably a season 1 episode, I still find a lot of those episodes pretty silly but I still enjoy them.

Comment

I think the first episode I saw was CotG on C4 when I was quite young. Sha're's boobs popped up on screen on day time TV and my teenage brain said... nice.

Comment

SG-1 I am not sure.... but the first episodes I remember was smtime during season 7, SGA was definitley the pilot because I remembered buying the first season after watching SG1s Season 8 on DVD and I never seen Atlantis on TV. SG:U of course Air... xD
                              sigpic

Comment

As with many/most here: the movie at the cinema then on TV from "Children of the Gods" (which in the UK was censored slightly, so the symbiotes barely appeared - which made it much more confusing!). When they stopped showing it on terrestrial TV, moved over to DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                                X