This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Stargate connect to Gallifrey ?

There is something that I have been thinking about for a while....

When Time Lords are eight, they have to stare into something called the Untempered Schism. The schism is a gap in the fabric of reality, through which can be seen the whole of the Time Vortex. But....

The schism is being held in its psychical location by a big, metal ring. If you used the method seen in 'Ripple Effect.' to break through the dimensional barrier, could you connected the Stargate to that ring ?
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

It seems likely, given the frequency in which things in Doctor Who get thrown into the Time Vortex (just off the top of my head, a lookalike of the Second Doctor in 'The Enemy of the World' and the Cyberking in the recent 'The Next Doctor') that the Time Lords would have some kind of mechanism for preventing anything emerging through the Untempered Schism.

It may also take quite a bit of power, Gallifrey is (possibly, there's some controversy) two hundred and fifty million light years from Earth, according to the Eighth Doctor.

If this is a question for a fanfic, perhaps you'd be better advised having the Time Lords have taken possession of a stargate at some point? They do have vaults full of strange alien artifacts themselves. Perhaps an anachronistic stargate built by Earth millions of years in the future?

Comment

Isn't Gallifrey currently locked into a time bubble of sorts? Which technically makes it impossible for anything to connect with it. I think... *ponders the technology and physics*

Note: haven't seen anything beyond the new season 4.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Isn't Gallifrey currently locked into a time bubble of sorts? Which technically makes it impossible for anything to connect with it. I think... *ponders the technology and physics*

Note: haven't seen anything beyond the new season 4.
        Yeah, I don't see it being possible to connect to anything unless anything it connects to will be also engulfed in the time bubble. Doctor Who science has no rules so who knows what is possible?!

Comment

Here's another question....If Dr Who and Stargate are in the same mulitverse....does that make the Ancients (partially) responsible for the extinction of the Time Lords ?

I mean, they could have interfered....Fought alongside the Time Lords, killed Davros before he created the Daleks, helped them Ascend before they went mad ? I don't know, done SOMETHING !
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
            There is something that I have been thinking about for a while....

When Time Lords are eight, they have to stare into something called the Untempered Schism. The schism is a gap in the fabric of reality, through which can be seen the whole of the Time Vortex. But....

The schism is being held in its psychical location by a big, metal ring. If you used the method seen in 'Ripple Effect.' to break through the dimensional barrier, could you connected the Stargate to that ring ?
            I think you could only connect to something that it is in the same position in time. I'm not that familiar with Doctor Who, but isn't Gallifrey locked in some sort of time bubble? In Window of Opportunity it wasn't possible to connect to worlds outside the time bubble and vice versa.
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

No because Dr Who and and Stargate have different writers .

Comment

in the words of i belive david tennant spacey wacey timey wimey
                sigpic

Comment

lol

wow, imagine a stargate who crossover. The Doctor can fight Goa'uld and SG-1 gets to fight Daleks.

This is almost as awesome as The Doctor Defeating Doctor Doom in a Deadly Disco Danceoff.
                  sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                    lol

wow, imagine a stargate who crossover. The Doctor can fight Goa'uld and SG-1 gets to fight Daleks.

This is almost as awesome as The Doctor Defeating Doctor Doom in a Deadly Disco Danceoff.
                    starwho next big sci-fi if someone makes it. you could send the Goa'uld to fight the darleks
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X