Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future would interest me aswell. Really interested to see how the human race turns out and what technology is developed.

Or you could always just keep a note of the winning lottery numbers and then go back in time and get yourself a lottery ticket.

Comment

20,000 years into the future
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        I've been thinking about time travel. If it were possible where would you like to go? Why?
        2010 and strangle anyone who had anything to do with SGU getting canceled
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          2010 and strangle anyone who had anything to do with SGU getting canceled
          Wow, I really like that one.

Personally, I would be greedy. I would go back in time a day or so, play the winning lotto numbers, and watch my family's lives change forever.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

1,000,000 years into the future. That should make for a memorable trip. Just hope the planet's still there.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
              I think that time travel would only work if the past could not be changed. I admire you who would stay in times when there is no indoor plumbing! I'd like to visit many past times, but I really like my creature comforts.

I don't even like camping!
              Heheh. And here I go camping for a week or two each summer, medieval-style (oh, okay, we do set up a shower arrangement for hot showers) in an attempt to recreate an earlier time.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

First I would go visit back my grandparents and stuff and after the that to the old greeks and romans, or old middle east kingdoms... and after I got bored... into the future like Doctor Who style to the end of the times to see how it all ends..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  1,000,000 years into the future. That should make for a memorable trip. Just hope the planet's still there.
                  And if it's not..you're dead!

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  Heheh. And here I go camping for a week or two each summer, medieval-style (oh, okay, we do set up a shower arrangement for hot showers) in an attempt to recreate an earlier time.
                  Good for you! I prefer hotels with soft pillows, comfie beds and electricity!
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I wonder if i went back with say, 100 yrs of how the stock market played out AND a gou'ald symbiot in me to keep me alive longer, how much money i would have after 50 or so years using that knowledge..

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                      I'd go 500 or 1000 years into the future
                      Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      That would be kind of reckless youd have no idea what your walking into......
                      I think that is the point.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I wonder if i went back with say, 100 yrs of how the stock market played out AND a gou'ald symbiot in me to keep me alive longer, how much money i would have after 50 or so years using that knowledge..
                        If the symbiote is a Goa'uld, what makes you think YOU would have the money?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I would want to observe history to better understand it. (Any history)

Then maybe I would tell writers/producers what will happen to their shows. (They would probably laugh at me or think I'm insane; but I would try.) I just love TV!
                          There is always one.

Comment

i would want to go the future, like past my lifetime. maybe like 200 years into the future. it would be more exciting since you don't have any idea what is happening. and you don't have to worry about changing anything, since it hasn't happened yet.
                            Last edited by blueray; 09 April 2011, 12:57 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                              If the symbiote is a Goa'uld, what makes you think YOU would have the money?
                              It's still me.... in essence!

Comment

Yeah, but there's a world of difference between being you, tucked away screaming in a corner of your own mind, watching your Goa'uld symbiote control your body and your actions and spend the money however the symbiote wants to... and being you, in equal shared control of your body and mind in a partnership with a friendly and sympathetic Tok'ra symbiote who cares about your own happiness as much as about his or her own.

Think of the difference between being Shaa're, with Amaunet in charge, vs being Martouf, in partnership with Lantash.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X