This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Everyone seems to have been very, very professional about RDA's departure from the main cast of SG-1. What exactly was the nature of his relationship with the rest of the cast?
    I think it was a genuine decision to retire and spend more time with his family. They had gone into season 7 and 8 believing that each one was going to be the end of the show, so seems like it would have been a good time to retire. I think he remained an executive producer until the end of the shows run though, so I assume it was all on good terms.

How different the feel of Seasons 9-10 might have been if the Beau Bridges/Lou Gossett casting decision had been reversed.
    Well that would have been . . . interesting to say the least

How well Corin Nemec, Ben Browder, and Claudia Black keep in touch with the longer-term cast members of SG-1's cast.
    I wonder how much any of the main cast actually keep in contact. I know that Michael Shanks and Chris Judge are best friends, Chris was event he best man at Michael's wedding. But other then that I'm not sure, I saw a behind the scenes feature on the season 1 SGU dvd for that scene in Subversion with RDA and Michael Shanks, and the impression I got was that they hadn't seen each other in a while, same thing goes for the interview on Gateworld a while back with Shanks about his guest spot on Sanctuary.

Comment

I'm wondering if the Clava Thesurs Infinitus, had anything to do with the Destiny/icarus project?

Comment

That's an intriguing thought. Considering it was years before SGU was conceived of, I doubt it at a production level. But from a strictly in-universe perspective, the "key to infinite power" does sound like it would have to do with a godly message, doesn't it?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Some of these questions are treading on very thin ice and opening the door to speculation about real people and the motives or thoughts people impress upon them.

None of us will ever know all of why Shanks left and returned. Or the precise reasons behind Torri's departure or Paul's departure. Nor is it really our place to discuss and debate the depths of the actors' friendships with each other.

Let's please remember that you're speculating about real people with real feelings, and any posts that cross the line into getting too personal can be removed.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That's an intriguing thought. Considering it was years before SGU was conceived of, I doubt it at a production level. But from a strictly in-universe perspective, the "key to infinite power" does sound like it would have to do with a godly message, doesn't it?
            Especially with all the 'pushing of mythology' around the 9th cheveron that they seem to be doing. From the LA's it hold infinite power, to what Covel said to rush..

Comment

I would have liked an extra season of SG-1, then the story line would have made sense, instead of "How do you know?" "I see visions".

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                I think it was a genuine decision to retire and spend more time with his family. They had gone into season 7 and 8 believing that each one was going to be the end of the show, so seems like it would have been a good time to retire. I think he remained an executive producer until the end of the shows run though, so I assume it was all on good terms.
                If you read messages on RDA's own website he says he left the show because he wanted to spend quality time with his daughter, who was about 7 or 8 at the time he left the show. And he was not the Executive Producer after he left. He pretty much had nothing to do with the show after that, except for the few guest appearances he made in S9&10.

As for the actors keeping in touch with each other after the show was cancelled, they don't have all that much time in between various acting projects to keep in touch with anybody (except maybe their families). They do when they can, and are just too busy otherwise. It doesn't mean they aren't still friends or don't care as much anymore. It's just that life moves on and they go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

As for the actors keeping in touch with each other after the show was cancelled, they don't have all that much time in between various acting projects to keep in touch with anybody (except maybe their families). They do when they can, and are just too busy otherwise. It doesn't mean they aren't still friends or don't care as much anymore. It's just that life moves on and they go with it.
                  ^this

the actors i imagine stay in touch, as they've worked together about 11 years. but they have lives that taken them different places. the exception i imagine is Paul McGillion and David Hewlett since they were friends before the show started.
                  sigpic

Comment

Plus as i know families even break apart, i can see co-workers doing the same.

Comment

Season 11 of SG-1 would been really good with a whole season wrapping up the Ori storyling.

Season six would have been good but according to JMs blog.
                      Spoiler:
                      After two episodes Atlantis would have been back in Pegasus to me it seems pointless to bring it to Earth then just go back. Although some of the episode ideas sounded like some of the most interesting of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                        Season 11 of SG-1 would been really good with a whole season wrapping up the Ori storyling.

Season six would have been good but according to JMs blog.
                        Spoiler:
                        After two episodes Atlantis would have been back in Pegasus to me it seems pointless to bring it to Earth then just go back. Although some of the episode ideas sounded like some of the most interesting of the series.
                        yeah, i imagine if it had got renewed they would have left Atlantis in Pegasus, or came up with a good reason why it has to go back.
                        sigpic

Comment

The good reason is the wraith.
                          Who knows how much they could get up to with us gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            I'll see if I can dig it out again. I should point out now it was a while ago that I read it, so it may not be as good in hindsight...if I can find it. This is all starting to sound really suspicious now, isn't it?

EDIT: Aha! There was this on GateWorld, and the full thing on Joe Mallozzi's blog!

Okay, maybe it wasn't all that good.
                            Boy, that sixth season would have been a huge failure. They clearly were out of good ideas. Heck, two time travel plots in the span of four episodes! What were they thinking?
                            No surprise this was fated to end badly, they didn't have good ideas.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                            X