Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your most memorable soundtracks in Stargate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your most memorable soundtracks in Stargate?

So what soundtrack(s) in the whole franchise stand out to you?

For me, it's the 'Ascended' theme in Ascension with Orlin, the 'Window of Opportunity' theme, when Jack and Teal'c take the day off, the music while Destiny was diving into the star, the 'Unending- Sam's cello' one and the soundtrack in Ghost in the Machine when Weir walks through the gate, among others.

And someone in YouTube has made a pretty good theme cover to some of them sountracks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/burnsasgoauld

We had a terrific thread about score from all three series, and there were several links to SGU soundtrack extractions. Can't seem to find it atm.

My most memorable -
    The beginning of "Air" 1, everything in "Light", when the LA got out of the gate room in "Incursion" 1, the crew abandoned on a planet in "Intervention", the shuttle crash in "Aftermath"!!, docking with seed ship in "Awakening", beats from "Twin Destinies" that were somewhat similar to what was heard in "Light".

That's just from the top of my head. Sorry, can't write anything from SG-1/SGA right now, haven't watched 'em in ages.
    sigpic

Comment

The big ones in SG-1 for me were the 'dead Daniel' piece, and the big dramatic piece that played over the battle of the supergate.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        The big ones in SG-1 for me were the 'dead Daniel' piece, and the big dramatic piece that played over the battle of the supergate.
        Ah, yes. The end of "Camelot" was amazing.
        sigpic

Comment

I like when O'Neill meats the Asgards for the first time, on the 5th Race.
          This theme has been repeated in some other episodes.

Comment

Not sure if you want to include songs as well, but for me it was "After the Storm" by Mumford and Sons during SGU's Intervention. I would submit that as the best Stargate scene. Period.

I also loved "The Worst Day Since Yesterday" by Flogging Molly in SGU's Life (I know, I know, not a good episode) and "Solitary Man" by Johnny Cash in SGA's Vegas.

Then I found out that "Solitary Man" was actually written by Neil Diamond and I liked it a little less.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Ah, yes. The end of "Camelot" was amazing.
              I almost had a heart attack from all the excitement!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I almost had a heart attack from all the excitement!
                I merely sank through my chair.
                sigpic

Comment

I think some that always stick in my mind are:

"battling the Jaffa" theme, as soon as i hear it i can just picture marching Jaffa.
                  "Ascension" with Daniel in season 5
                  "Jack/Sam love theme"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jcvalo View Post
                    "battling the Jaffa" theme, as soon as i hear it i can just picture marching Jaffa.
                    Could you give a few examples where the theme was used?
                    sigpic

Comment

You'll probably recognize it upon hearing it, most of the time there are Jaffa marching anywhere this theme is used as a motif.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGmdhK1Tsw
                      sigpic

Comment

The soundtrack in SG1's "Abyss", SGA's "First Strike", and SG1's "Hundred Days".
                        "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

That very tense bit of music that repeats throughout most of A Matter of Time and then resolves when Jack's former friend Cromwell decides to speak his mind. I've heard it elsewhere but it always makes me think of that episode.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcvalo View Post
                            You'll probably recognize it upon hearing it, most of the time there are Jaffa marching anywhere this theme is used as a motif.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGmdhK1Tsw
                            Ah, that one! Thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

I want more Stargate soundtracks god dangit!

Comment

Working...
                              X