Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Stargate's public disclosure happen on screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    With a lot of people speculating the future of the stargate franchise .
    Like the next TV movies , the next series.

I wonder if and when the writer decide to have stargate program publicly disclose to the public .How would they do it ?
    And should it happen on scrren , or off screen , like for example skip some time in the future and SGU character makes reference about the events leading to the public disclosure and ,how things are on Earth afterward.

Sam had visited the alternative universe Earth , in which the stargate disclosure led to a Earth rule by Benevolent dictatorship government (actually with good intent)
    Sam had also personally briefed the President and advise against public disclosure.

But we all remember episode "2010" of tens years ago (10 years before the new "V" series)
    The People of Earth seems to be happy about stargate and Alien.
    Aschen offering lots of free and quality healthcare, Jaffa are travel freely to Earth, SGC became a theme park .
    The Aschen were planning a takeover , but the general public doesn't know about it , and most of the Earth people are happy.

How long can the government cover things up,
    Space battle above Earth's obit, Aircarft carrier got destory by metroid, Earth scientist had created replicator, important senator die and his daughter disappear off the face of earth.
    Lucian alliance warlord hiring limo service and the list goes on

If and when the stargate get public disclosure ,I always imagine Daniel would finally get the honor he deserve form academic community.
    Mackay and Sam won the nobel prize .
    Well, this would only happen under either of two conditions:

1) If the writers go nuts and want to destroy the show
    2) If they have a way out of it (time travel, alternate universe, replicator mind probe/simulation, Destiny simulation, dream/nightmare, Gamekeeper chair, fuzzy rabbits, etc.)

Comment

Stargate stopped being contemporary characters with Keller. It's impossible for someone so young to be a medical doctor/brain surgeon/genetics researcher in our real life universe.
      '

I agree with you 100%.i felt like i was watching stargate doogie houser.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
        '

I agree with you 100%.i felt like i was watching stargate doogie houser.
        But how do you know that? Keller's age was never given
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

When you think about it, the Stargate Program practically is public at the moment.

- In the US, the President and his inner circle know, as well as the former President and his inner circle.
          The leadership of the armed forces are all well aware. Many soldiers of all ranks and from all branches of the armed forces have been actively involved in the Stargate Program. As well as organizations like NASA and NORAD.
          Scientists from such varied fields as Physics, Astronomy, Archeology, Geology, Botany and Biology as well as Medical staff are all involved in the study of things from the stargate.

- We know that both Russia and China have devoted considerable resources both scientific and military towards stargate related ventures.
          The high levels of government in Russia, China, France, England and Canada are all aware of it.

- The IOA is a large organization which employs diplomats, beuracrats and lawyers from many countries and is devoted solely to oversight of the Stargate Program.
          The NID is a large multi-level police force which operates internationally and is currently engaged in hunting down an alien conspiracy on Earth.

- We know that the US government uses the private sector to construct it's space ships.
          Private businessmen such as Adrian Conrad, Alec Colson, Henry Wallace and Richard Poole have all learned of the Stargate Program through this.
          The humans that originally formed the Trust were all corporate leaders.

So while not 100% public knowledge, the Stargate Program is certainly quite widely known and not the secret it was in the early SG1 seasons.
          The Sheer amount of people and the amount of different professions involved is staggering. I would say that the vast majority of top university graduates would end up involved in the Stargate Program at some level.
          And let's not forget that Eli got recruited through a mmorpg.

Comment

But how do you know that? Keller's age was never given

well in sga(''missing'') i think it was revealed that she graduated high school at 15 and got a bachelor's before 18. so i guess it's possible.

Comment

well in sga(''missing'') i think it was revealed that she graduated high school at 15 and got a bachelor's before 18. so i guess it's possible.
              That was Quarantine and all it told us is she finished high school earlier then most
              Jelgate is right

Comment

ok,but still it doesn't make sense for her to be that young and being in charge when there were more experienced people there.in ''Rising'' wEIR DID say everyone there were the best and brightest in his/her field so it stands to reason that there were others ''ahead '' of dr keller and shud of been in the position instead.

Comment

ok,but still it doesn't make sense for her to be that young and being in charge when there were more experienced people there.in ''Rising'' wEIR DID say everyone there were the best and brightest in his/her field so it stands to reason that there were others ''ahead '' of dr keller and shud of been in the position instead.
                  Thats the thing. We have no idea her age so saying she is too young is premature since her age is unknown.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Thats the thing. We have no idea her age so saying she is too young is premature since her age is unknown.
                    Exactly.
                    Unless I get a concrete age, I still find her over-experience believable, partially because it could happen in the real world, and partly because of television's tendency to think that every Doctor has the capabilities of every medical profession.

On topic...I'd like the program to be revealed after a chain of events. Not a one time "let's tell 'em!" episode, but a long series of people finding evidence, collaborating, petitioning, protesting, gaining support, and eventually stumbling on the truth.
                    It could open so many doors for the series, without having to make too many sacrifices (considering a good chunk of the politics have already been taken care of).

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzocoetl View Post
                      Unless I get a concrete age, I still find her over-experience believable, partially because it could happen in the real world, and partly because of television's tendency to think that every Doctor has the capabilities of every medical profession.
                      Maybe we should say that Stargate is about the TV concept of contemporary people. This isn't quite the same thing as real life contemporary people.
                      sigpic

Comment

I kinda want a "Disclosure" series, but at the same time I don't.

Much like in "2010" the Stargate would basically become the intergalactic airport.

On the other hand, a show that portrays the struggle between Earth's greatest nations would be interesting to watch as well. The finale could be something like Earth's imminent doom and all the nations band together to overcome their attackers and finally act as one sovereign nation and not the schizo-planet that we are today.
                        sigpic
                        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                          I kinda want a "Disclosure" series, but at the same time I don't.

Much like in "2010" the Stargate would basically become the intergalactic airport.

On the other hand, a show that portrays the struggle between Earth's greatest nations would be interesting to watch as well. The finale could be something like Earth's imminent doom and all the nations band together to overcome their attackers and finally act as one sovereign nation and not the schizo-planet that we are today.
                          That's kinda what I want to see. I'd love to see how the world copes and deals with the revelation of the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                            When you think about it, the Stargate Program practically is public at the moment.
                            ...snipp..

So while not 100% public knowledge, the Stargate Program is certainly quite widely known and not the secret it was in the early SG1 seasons.
                            The Sheer amount of people and the amount of different professions involved is staggering. I would say that the vast majority of top university graduates would end up involved in the Stargate Program at some level.
                            And let's not forget that Eli got recruited through a mmorpg.
                            That is a valid bunch of points. It could be said that much of the public does know.. BUT its not general CIVILIAN knowledge..

Very true. Heck one of the LTcdrs we have (US Navy) working here, looks younger than i am (37) but is in her LATE 40s..

While that is how Trek went, i felt we as a race are too hatefilled against one another to go that "Utopian" way.. At least right out the gate.. maybe after we come close to wiping ourselves out..

Comment

To be honest in order to show the disclosure of the Stargate program would have on screen, the effect it would have on earth and out in the galaxy at large, on society, politics and warfare, it would more than likely require a high budget HBO show and writers like David Simon, Ed Burns, Terrance Winter or others of similarly high calibre to pull it off successfully and do something interesting with it.

And since realistically that’s a pipe dream, I’d rather it was never shown, rather than have Stargate devolve into some crap Star Trek clone.

Comment

Working...
                              X