Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure I caught all the Coordinate arguments...but here's my thought. The Ancients were pretty smart. Rather than having the coordinate system move for every planet, they made set the coordinate system in place, and it only shifts to compensate for stellar drift. It's one of the most basic concepts in math.

In the movie, the only thing Daniel had to go on was the Cartouche and the Cover Stone markings. Not exactly a map of the galaxy with a red arrow saying "you are here." When they got to Abydos, Daniel not only had to find the PoO, but also the coordinates for Earth. After a few missions, they alikely had accumulated enough knowledge of the system to find the PoO fairly easily. With O'niell's addition of the Ancient dialing equation, the SGC can calculate the PoO of the destination without ever setting foot on the plannet.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      so whats your point? you had at first said that the goa'uld should not be able to find any new worlds with stargates and i answered you how they could have. now you are talking about how they first figured out how to use the gates? yes either the goa'uld figured out how to use the gate when they took unas as hosts or the took over someone that came to their planet and knew how. what does that have to do with your original question of them finding new planets with stargates that arnt on the cartouche?
      Even though the Unas may not have been able to work out the gate system, the Goa'uld are intelligent symbiotes, they could have worked it out easily. If humans can do it back in 1988 (or whenever the movie was made) then the Goa'uld must've worked it out at some point aswell.

edit didn't mean to quote spg_1983, I'm tired and mis-clicked.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUfelon
        With O'niell's addition of the Ancient dialing equation, the SGC can calculate the PoO of the destination without ever setting foot on the plannet.
        How can they possibly calculate a PoO? a PoO can be any symbol, it's not related to the star system.
        My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Working...
        X