This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multinational Colonization Efforts

We should be working with the other nations on earth to get some colonies going out among the stars. This would provide us with a population to draw upon who know about the Stargate program, as well as giving us access to resources not native to earth....

It would make a great basis for a show actually - start on a planet with no infastructure and throughout the series things become more and more built up. Would be awesome to see a caravan of RV's and equipment trucks rolling through the gate.

What do you guys think? Any chance of seeing an Earth Colony in the next series?

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
    We should be working with the other nations on earth to get some colonies going out among the stars. This would provide us with a population to draw upon who know about the Stargate program, as well as giving us access to resources not native to earth....

It would make a great basis for a show actually - start on a planet with no infastructure and throughout the series things become more and more built up. Would be awesome to see a caravan of RV's and equipment trucks rolling through the gate.

What do you guys think? Any chance of seeing an Earth Colony in the next series?
    well if SGU dies becuase of ratings, there wont be a new series, but the premise is good, as long as we get to see them building, exploring etc. instead of going offworld so much

Comment

I'd like to see a series Stargate - Colony but it seems unlikely.

Let me see people from Earth have settled on a planet they THINK is uninhabited etc. etc.

Originally posted by Ekras View Post

Comment

Do you honestly think you would get an RV through the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Do you honestly think you would get an RV through the gate?
          With room to spare!

Comment

What RV are you using??

Comment

Originally posted by Daralundy View Post
              I'd like to see a series Stargate - Colony but it seems unlikely.

Let me see people from Earth have settled on a planet they THINK is uninhabited etc. etc.
              that could be an interesting premise. have the people think that it is uninhabited but quickly realize the race living there is way technological superior and kind of mysterious. then of course for some reason they get trapped there. and as the show goes on the viewer and characters discover things and start interacting with the natives, and learn their culture and language (maybe have it not be english). and of course there is many conflicts among the group (both the ones from earth and the natives). and at first all they want to do is get back to earth and the sgc, but as the show progresses they start to assimilate into the culture of the natives on the planet.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                that could be an interesting premise. have the people think that it is uninhabited but quickly realize the race living there is way technological superior and kind of mysterious. then of course for some reason they get trapped there. and as the show goes on the viewer and characters discover things and start interacting with the natives, and learn their culture and language (maybe have it not be english). and of course there is many conflicts among the group (both the ones from earth and the natives). and at first all they want to do is get back to earth and the sgc, but as the show progresses they start to assimilate into the culture of the natives on the planet.
                What wld that be like that is the question ive been asking myself.? And sitting here trying to picture what they wld look like and what wld the aliens look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345 View Post
                  What wld that be like that is the question ive been asking myself.? And sitting here trying to picture what they wld look like and what wld the aliens look like.
                  i was picturing them kind of being like the nox, in the sense that they are humanoid but look slightly different.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X