This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about who to contact about prop blueprints

Hi everyone, I've been looking at a lot of the people's posts around here and the rest of the internet about making a replica Stargate. That one father son project is exceptional! Needless to say it has inspired me to attempt something myself. Obviously it will take immense planning, but I have the time!

Okay so in my searches I've been looking for blueprints or 3D models, even scale models (found a few) of the Stargate, and I've found 3D model versions of the original gate from SG-1. But I'd really like to tackle the gate from Universe...personal preference.

I know it's a long shot but I was wondering if it would be possible to get blue prints or plans of some sort to make one. If so, who exactly would I contact for that? MGM? Whoever the props company is? Would they even give them out? Again, long shot. Just wondering if anyone would be able to steer me in the right direction in case there was a chance at getting them. I mean I'd even be willing to sign a contract stating personal use only, or even pay for them. Either way it would just save a lot of time going through the show over and over trying to judge size and model it. Is it even possible, would they do it, has anyone ever tried? Ahh so many questions surrounding the request.

I'd like to make one about 7 feet high, just high enough to fit on this level. I'm pretty ambitious and would love to make a base and everything, but as it stands right now I'm just speculating haha. Actually, thinking about it now I have a huge walk in closet that would be perfect for the whole gate and base setup!

Anyway thanks for reading, and here's to wishful thinking!
    Last edited by Brian; 30 October 2010, 01:05 PM.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Not a chance of you getting any sort of blueprints for this - not from the prop-building company or MGM.

I tried getting information from the Weta workshop about LOTR related costumes and they informed the blueprints for those are under lock and key. I imagine the same to be true for those of the stargates.

However, considering we managed to build an almost life-size SG1-gate from images we capped ourselves, I'm sure you can do so as well with the SGU-gate.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
    X