Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=The Mighty 6 platoon;12000264]Seriously why does this always come up? I mean there are plenty of older actors, Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood to name a couple, who have had and continue to have successful careers as leading men in movies. In fact for me older characters, who have to struggle with their tasks while facing the fact that they aren’t as young as they used to be are for more interesting.

Lets ask this guy if he's too old for a leading role...
    <hotlink snipped>/QUOTE]

Good Gracious....
    He needs to retire...these are action role I don't need to see Grampa Jones breaking a hip on the set

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      The writers hate prequels. Never going to happen. If SGU ends any time soon though, I don't expect any new Stargate for a long time, if ever.
      You are so wrong, beacuse these writes would be swept away just like Berman & Braga in the Star Trek franchise, especially after thet crap called Stargate: Universe. Sadly Enterprise was great show, and SG:U wasn't. So, Stargate franchise would get new showrunners, and we maybe just see prequel series about the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Miroslav View Post
        You are so wrong, beacuse these writes would be swept away just like Berman & Braga in the Star Trek franchise, especially after thet crap called Stargate: Universe. Sadly Enterprise was great show, and SG:U wasn't. So, Stargate franchise would get new showrunners, and we maybe just see prequel series about the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
          Sorry, I do'nt understand that nerd type of humor.

Are you ornitologist?

Comment

I also would like to see a more SG-1 esque series, I don't get why people don't want others bashing SGU but I've seen quite a bit of SG-1 bashing since I've been on here it has me in a quandary. And as to the bit about "the audience doesnt want real sci-fi anymore" I dont get your point and maybe you can elaborate on that, artistically I get what they're trying to do with SGU but frankly I just dont care. Being "edgy" and "dark" really doesn't grab at me, it cant be a selling point all on its own. I guess the show seems a bit too dark and claustrophobic to me. SG-1 had quite a big stargate network to explore, and although they're on a ship going across the universe to Ancient knows where I don't see a lot of GATE travel and I know they're also focusing on character development but I really don't wanna know anymore about these characters.

But to wrap it all up about "what if's" and "that wont happens" and what I like to call "Quitter talk" and bring it back to the original topic... I would like a SG1-like expansion, a new team of course with the cameo appearances of the old team we love, maybe administrative positions, maybe an up-close and personal look at the Lucian Alliance vs. Tau'ri scuffle goin on in the background of SGU, give me somethin!

P.S. This is all just an opinion btw so I really dont see how there could be a right or wrong answer to someone saying a show is great lol just seems kinda silly to me thats all.

Comment

Sorry, I do'nt understand that nerd type of humor.

Are you ornitologist?
              Easy there son, you are on a Stargate forum saying how great Star Trek Enterprise is, you are in no position to call anyone a nerd sir.

Comment

Easy there son, you are on a Stargate forum saying how great Star Trek Enterprise is, you are in no position to call anyone a nerd sir.
                Is that some kind of nerd challenge? Beacuse only utter nerd will assume that Trekkies and Gaters are enemies. Quite opposite, Star Trek and Stargate are brother franchises, and Stargate borrowed quite lot from Star Trek.

And I'm not your son pal, don't be so offensive. You're maybe offended beacuse I don't like your precious soap called SG:U, which is crap compared to the SG-1 and SG:A. I know that is forbidden to say that on this board, beacuse they are must praise SG:U in order to keep good relations with TPTB (which gave them interwievs, spoilers, etc.)

For your information I am sci-fi fan, not only Trekkie, or Gater. Don't be so narrow minded.

Comment

SGU is a great show, Enterprise was crap. Posting opinions as if they were fact is fun!

Anyway, other than Stargate fans, who on Earth would want to watch a story about aliens they've never even heard of? This is just a fanwank suggestion that we'd all like to see, but would never be viable as a stand alone series.

Comment

If they dont get changes in the ratings there will be no stargate anytime soon i guess.. they should have sticked with sga for one more season, give it a rest and then the spin off... everything felt rushed after sga although I love sgu, no doubt obut it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Is that some kind of nerd challenge? Beacuse only utter nerd will assume that Trekkies and Gaters are enemies. Quite opposite, Star Trek and Stargate are brother franchises, and Stargate borrowed quite lot from Star Trek.

And I'm not your son pal, don't be so offensive. You're maybe offended beacuse I don't like your precious soap called SG:U, which is crap compared to the SG-1 and SG:A. I know that is forbidden to say that on this board, beacuse they are must praise SG:U in order to keep good relations with TPTB (which gave them interwievs, spoilers, etc.)

For your information I am sci-fi fan, not only Trekkie, or Gater. Don't be so narrow minded.
                      Wow where to start.

I never said Trekkies and Gaters were enemies.
                      Since when is "son" offensive?
                      Just speaking the truth about Enterprise, it wasn't in retaliation for SGU.
                      I'm not much of an SGU fan as a quick look at my posts will confirm.
                      How was I being narrow minded?

Oh and I'm not your pal, buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                        RDA is getting to old to hold a leading role.
                        Not this again...

I think their missing the buck by not passing the torch to Sheppard who has a remarkablely similar cavalier personality and yet different.
                        Umm, no, they aren't. Not every Jack fan likes Sheppard. Not everyone thinks they are in the same league even. And with all due respect to Joe Flannigan, his name isn't as well known and recognisable as RDA's.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        Seriously why does this always come up? I mean there are plenty of older actors, Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood to name a couple, who have had and continue to have successful careers as leading men in movies. In fact for me older characters, who have to struggle with their tasks while facing the fact that they aren’t as young as they used to be are for more interesting.

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Anyway, other than Stargate fans, who on Earth would want to watch a story about aliens they've never even heard of? This is just a fanwank suggestion that we'd all like to see, but would never be viable as a stand alone series.
                        Yep, and not even all Stargate fans. Personally I'm tired of the Ancients' and I certainly wouldn't tune in to watch a series/movie/even a 30 seconds long commercial about them.
                        Last edited by Petra; 21 October 2010, 08:05 AM. Reason: fixing a typo
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

You're maybe offended beacuse I don't like your precious soap called SG:U, which is crap compared to the SG-1 and SG:A. I know that is forbidden to say that on this board, beacuse they are must praise SG:U in order to keep good relations with TPTB (which gave them interwievs, spoilers, etc.)
                          You are allowed to criticized SGU if you so choose but problems arose because different factions (The SGU-lovers vs. the SGU-haters) started being mean & nasty to each other. It's not forbidden so long as you do it in a way that is respectful of someone else's feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                            Not this again...
                            Its true though.

Its not to say that there are no old actors but RDA has made a career off of his looks and its hard for those actors to get away with looking like an average old guy in the way that actors who never relied on their looks do.

People just don't accept it, its weird but its true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              Seriously why does this always come up? I mean there are plenty of older actors, Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood to name a couple, who have had and continue to have successful careers as leading men in movies. In fact for me older characters, who have to struggle with their tasks while facing the fact that they aren’t as young as they used to be are for more interesting.

Lets ask this guy if he's too old for a leading role...
                              http://www.shallownation.com/images/...e_photo_18.jpg
                              damn, how I loved that movie!
                              Older actors are far more interesting, to me at least, not only in the characters of their faces but in the fact that, due to age, there has to be more to what they're doing than just running and jumping around.

Its true though.

Its not to say that there are no old actors but RDA has made a career off of his looks and its hard for those actors to get away with looking like an average old guy in the way that actors who never relied on their looks do.

People just don't accept it, its weird but its true.
                              looks are a personal issue and nobody is young forever
                              if all an actor has is their look (in one particular year, in one particular time), it doesn't say much for their ability - which should hopefully rely on talent first
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                looks are a personal issue and nobody is young forever
                                if all an actor has is their look (in one particular year, in one particular time), it doesn't say much for their ability - which should hopefully rely on talent first
                                Thats not how it is though, its the exception to the rule that actors don't have good looks - its virtually a pre-requisite. There are actors who keep their looks even at RDA's age but he isn't one of them in my opinion, he just looks like an old man.

Comment

Working...
                                X