Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A topic for this has already been created.

your topic was merged with mine
    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11963028

Comment

Hi all.
      Personally I'd like to see more TV Movies for the Stargate franchise.

ttyl
      Starfist
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

SG1...000

Although, the way it's going, seeming as what they turned "SG"U into, they will thing SG1 has to be remade for a younger, teen audience that only understands one three letter word, like what BSG did (never seen the original, but I can bet it's 5,000 times better). Hopefully with the same actors as 200 .

And this is intended as a joke ! If you can't take it that way.... Freude .

Comment

I think they should run Universe for five season and than leave it at that. Three Shows for a franchise are these days a BIG success.... even that we got Universe is a miracle. So I am fine... no need for more Stargate in the near future and I believe they do a reimagine of Stargate in less than 30 years.... (look at Galactica)
          sigpic

Comment

I would like to see a more light-hearted show again. Concluding with SGU seems a bit of a negative halt for a great franchise, unless it changes. (Not meaning to be negative to it, but it is not the same as Stargate/true Stargae, so it would give a bad/different impression.)

They should change SGU to SGR - Stargate Riley . Stargate Rush. Stargate Reli .

They changed even the personalities of SG1 personnel for it...

Anyway, we all know Poofygate is the next big thing . Walter's look-alike is a pfoffertje.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
              I would like to see a more light-hearted show again. Concluding with SGU seems a bit of a negative halt for a great franchise, unless it changes. (Not meaning to be negative to it, but it is not the same as Stargate/true Stargae, so it would give a bad/different impression.)

They should change SGU to SGR - Stargate Riley . Stargate Rush. Stargate Reli .

Anyway, we all know Poofygate is the next big thing . Walter's look-alike is a pfoffertje.
              Thier is no such thing as true Stargate. Its all Stargate.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Thier is no such thing as true Stargate. Its all Stargate.
                right you are.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't even know why I bother, but fine, I'll bite...

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                  I would like to see a more light-hearted show again. Concluding with SGU seems a bit of a negative halt for a great franchise, unless it changes.(Not meaning to be negative to it, but it is not the same as Stargate/true Stargae, so it would give a bad/different impression.)
                  Firstly, SGU IS Stargate/true Stargate, and no amount of whining saying it isn't will change that. You are entitled to your own opinion of course, but facts are facts. It has a Stargate, it's called Stargate, it's made by the same TPTB and set in the same universe, therefore it's a Stargate show.

Secondly, you may want to consider that there are fans who felt that concluding the franchise with dreadful season 5 of SGA would have been a "negative halt" and would have given a bad impression. Opinions vary.

Did they now? Funny, I haven't noticed...

Also, your trick with bashing SGU and then saying: "Oh wait, I was just kidding" got old a long time ago.

Anyway, back on topic:

I still have hope for the 3rd SG-1 movie. I want to see my Jack (preferably in early SG-1/SGU tone) one last time. I want to see my beloved team (Jonas included) again. If SGU is cancelled prematurely, I also want to see SGU movie which would give us a satisfying conclusion (and lots and lots of Greer ).

I have no idea what realistic chances are there of either of these 2 movies being made, and TBH I don't care; I want to stay optimistic. If they are, IMO they will be the franchise's last hooray; if they aren't SGU is it. Either way I'm cool.

If the movies don't get made and SGU fails, I think it's the end of the franchise.
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

i'm hoping that they will make an atlanis movie (really the show just sort of ends) and maybe another sg-1 movie. these can be done while sgu is still on.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      All 100 episodes means is that the show has produced enough to warrant syndicated reruns for local stations to cycle through. There's no golden rule that there has to be precisely 100 episodes.

Well syndication is a good thing isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                        Well syndication is a good thing isn't it?
                        It launched Trek, so it can be....
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The best spinoff would be classic and inexpensive: humans exploring other human worlds through the gate that look like canada....

Might be time for the original formula in 2014?

Comment

No, they just did them right. If you're referring to Carter leaving some of her pilots behind, she's not suicidal. There is no way she could have picked them up and escaped in time. Besides, people change. As a commander she have to make some tough decisions. I imagine the Carter of Atlantis would have done the same thing.

As for Jack, he is the same old Jack we all know and love.

I have no idea what realistic chances are there of either of these 2 movies being made
                            I'd guess about 99,9%. I don't get why so many people are so sceptical when Brad Wright and co. are so determined to get them made. The only way they won't be made is if MGM outright refuses to let them make the films.

i'm hoping that they will make an atlanis movie (really the show just sort of ends) and maybe another sg-1 movie. these can be done while sgu is still on.
                            The Wraith are still out there, but I would have to disagree with you that the show just ends. It sort of comes full circle. In the unlikely even that Extinction never gets made, I think they might make a Stargate Pegasus, where they return to the Pegasus Galaxy to battle the Wraith. If they do make a show like that I hope that the Wraith attack Earth, or at least are able to get to our galaxy, in the pilot and the IOA realise that they can't just ignore the Wraith.

Comment

I hope they do a series set in the future that would be a good idea. I belive it will be set in the far future.

Comment

If it were up to me, I would like SGU to go on for seven seasons. This would make it longer than SGA (which is my least favourite of the three shows, but it's still good), but not as long as the original show, which I think is the way it should be

Over the next few years, I also think that there should be SG-1 and SGA movies, so that by the time SGU ends, there will have been five of each.

Then, after SGU ends, they should work on movies for that until there have been five, while working on a five part miniseries called Stargate Origins that would be set in the time of the Ancients. Each episode would be an hour long (without advertisements), and would deal with a seperate part of Ancient history:

Episode 1 - Invention of the Stargate
                                Episode 2 - Seeding of Milky Way
                                Episode 3 - Launch of Destiny
                                Episode 4 - Moving Atlantis to Pegasus/Seeding of Pegasus
                                Episode 5 - War with the Wraith/Return to Milky Way

After this miniseries, they should try and make a trilogy of theatrical Stargate movies set after SGU, that would be EPIC in scale and would have cast members from all three shows. After this trilogy is done, then they would end the franchise for now, and in ten to twenty years they would bring it back with a Star Trek-style reboot.

That's what I want anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X