Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got hooked because RDA was in it....then found the s/j ship...what can I say, I like human interaction with the heavy twist of romance

Comment

I saw the movie with James Spader and Kurt Russell, and at the end, I said to myself....."self, they have left this wide open for either a sequel or a TV series". Well, I was correct, and when Showtime began with Children of the Gods, I was right in front of the TV and have been hooked ever since. I still watch the movie when it comes on TV, esp. when it's On Demand, then I get to watch it whenever I like. And of course, with the SciFi reruns and the DVD's......everyday is a "Stargate" day (not a rest day ).

(Former Scaper too)
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Rented the VHS of the movie and enjoyed it. Heard about the series, but didn't have Showtime. Eventually my brother subscribed to the premium network, and I managed to see a couple of episodes while visiting. He was a regular watcher for at least a season by this point.

Now, my memory ain't what it used to be, so this is probably wrong, but the first episode that hooked me was the season three finale "Nemesis". I was enthralled. But unable to get a regular SG1 fix for years. Until Showtime sold(?) the show into syndication, and Sci-Fi eventually picked it up. The sequence of those years was weird. Could see a new (actually a year old) episode one night, and catch up on back episodes on Monday nights.

Comment

Umm... Surfing through the stations and there was SG-1 on.

We started watching it because we loved the movie.

That first episode we saw:

Crystal Skull - back when it was NEW!

Never looked back

The... end...

Now I'm letting my friend who live far away borrow my DVDs so she and her parents can watch them. She has discs 2 - 5 of Season 2 and all of Season 3... I feel so lost without them

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I always wanted to see it when it was on Showtime but never did. But when it came to Scifi, especially on MOnday's, I started watching regularly. At first, I watched it because of RDA. I eventually brought all the seasons on dvd and caught up. Now I watch on Fridays for the new show and if I have to work, I tape them.

Comment

Got a free weekend of Showtime and got a SG marathon where they showed all of season 2. I have seen the Movie more than a few times and became a huge Spader fan because of it. So I was hip to the whole SG concept. After watching the whole marathon of season 2, I realized that these guys have great chemistry. It was a very smartly written show with a great comedic edge to it. I immediately love Carter and RDA. Teal'c and Daniel took a little while.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

i was sat down on the soffer and there was nuffin on TV i was flicking tho the channels and i saw this be gate open and i was like this is kool so i sat down a watched the rest and i looked to see what it was called and then i said to myself i have goto watch this tomorrow, and this on in 1999 now im a big fan of both shows they are so amazing and the people act very well and its going to be even bigger when season 9-sg1 and SGA-season 2 come out

Comment

The first time I had ever heard of stargate anything, was back in high school (don't remember the year; 96 maybe) and I was going through a bunch of old magazines that were going to get thrown away (chores, blah..) and I was looking through one of them (People magazine or something) and it had this small article about Stargate: The Movie, with a few cool pictures of Ra and company. I thought cool, I'd like to see that movie... but, alas... we didn't even have a TV, much less go to see movies... (very conservative household growing up... ) Like a year (maybe only months... can't remember... I saw some strange toys at K-mart about that Stargate thing... and I thought, "man that Stargate thing seems interesting... I wish I could see it..."

Well, after I graduated High School, I joined the U.S. Air Force... and eventually got shipped off to Italy. Well, there wasn't much to do in the small town around there, so I bought a TV, VCR, and eventually a DVD player. I started going to the little on-base convience store, and they had a small Movie Rental section. I immediately started renting movies, and one of the first ones I rented was Stargate: The Movie...! ...and I thought, "man that was a good movie... I'm glad I finally got to watch it".

Well, it wasn't long after that I saw this other Stargate video next to it... and I thought..."ooh, a sequal to the first movie...!" (I didn't know about Sg1, yet... I just thought it was a second movie) That video was 'Stargate: SG1', "The Children of the Gods" (R-rated version... Sha're --> wow!!, Me --> --> ). By the time I got done watching the show... I was hooked. I needed more... alas... there was none...

Then I left the Air Force, and went back home. Eventually, I got my own place and later I got cable... Then I saw some commercial about Showtime, and saw a clip of Sg1... (I hadn't known that Sg1 was on Showtime... in fact, by then I'd nearly forgotten about Stargate) Once I saw the commercial, I immediately ordered Showtime. Unknown to me... Showtime was winding down from Stargate, and doing a bunch of Marathon runs of Stargate (I started taping like mad...). Then suddenly Stargate never came on anymore... once again... heart broken... Then suddenly... Sci-Fi starts talking about Stargate coming on... and I started wigging out...! "Wait a minute... When, Where, How...!" Then finally Season 6 started, and I was glued... (I had heard about Daniel dying, so I wasn't too suprised to see Jonas) Since then I've been watching, um... 'religiously'... (that seems sort of sacriligous to say that, but it's true). I bought Season 6 as soon as it came out on DVD. I plan to get all the seasons on DVD too...

Later, I got Highspeed internet... and then found Gateworld... I just visited occaisonally, to check up on the news about Stargate... then I started checking out the forums... and the rest is history...

(oh, sorry about the long post... but I'm detail oriented when it comes to stories... blame it on my Mom... I think it's genetic... ) (good for memorizing stuff about stargate though... )
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion

(oh, sorry about the long post... but I'm detail oriented when it comes to stories... blame it on my Mom... I think it's genetic... ) (good for memorizing stuff about stargate though... )
                    I love reading your posts and replies Sea. You have great knowledge and remember this stuff well!...Good job fellow scifi brethern.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I watched the movie, yearsssss ago in Venezuela when it came out on VHS... way back DVD time

7 years ago I moved to Spain, they had non of my favorite shows that we got in Venezuela on cable tv, no american shows, I was missing a lot, one day surfing the chanels around 11pm they where showing Stargate-SG1, I couldn't believe it, it was the first show I ever so on Spanish TV, I got hooked for sentimental reason and RDA's character was just fantastic, since then I never stopped watching.

I moved to the US 3 years ago when it was starting on Sci Fi... it was disneyland for me!!!!, got the DVDs of all the previous seasons and can't resist spoilers, found Gateworld and here I am

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                        I love reading your posts and replies Sea. You have great knowledge and remember this stuff well!...Good job fellow scifi brethern.
                        Thanks, I try..! I'm a little neurotic when it comes to getting the details straight about my Sci-fi... I love sci-fi in general... (Stargate is #1..! ), but I really like ST, SW, B5, Earth:FC, and Dune too. I read Battlefield: Earth, after I saw the movie and really liked it. (The book is WAY better)

For me, sci-fi is a glimpse of the future we may not get to see... but nothing is impossible, so... I just read a week ago, that the Military is working on "Dune-suits" (aka 'Stillsuits'), and there was a thread recently with a link to NASA about them wanting to build a Stargate, and Warpdrive, etc. Sometimes, I think "Dang, why couldn't I have been born 300 years in the future... then maybe we'd have some of that cool sci-fi stuff..." I really wish I could go into space... that would truly awesome. (maybe before I die, those SpaceshipOne rides will become affordable... )

*edit* I thought this was worth adding... When I was a small kid, Macguyver was my absolute favorite show. (RDA made Sg1 that much better for me... ) I think Macguyver was still new then, and I was very young (5 or 6)... this pallet (the big heavy wooden kind) had fallen on top of me (long story about why... ) and I couldn't get out. I was too small and weak. I started screaming and crying for help, but no one came... Finally, I calmed down... and thought, "ok... what would Macguyver do??" I immediately figured out how to get myself out, and did it. Right after I got myself out, my grandma came out and asked if I'd been hollering. I said 'yeah', and told her what happened. (She still tells the story to this day...especially the part about 'what would Macguyver do'... ) So, it is sort of cool, that the star of my favorite show then, is/was the star of my favorite show now... Sort of gives meaning to life, doesn't it?... it's all connected...
                        Last edited by Seastallion; 30 April 2005, 05:55 AM.
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I hear ya on the McGyver thing Sea!...I never really enjoyed the show to much when it first came on. But after watching a few times, RDA was one very cool character with knowledge of everything and a gift to make something out of nothing!.

As far as loving sci-fi goes...I enjoy no other genre or types of movies and shows more than I do scifi!...It all started with Star Trek and Lost in Space for me. Then came the original BattleStar Gallactica and I was hooked!..When TNG first came on, I used to gather around at my friends house with about 10 of us all together and watch all the episodes then have discussion and arguements over what we just watched!...Now It's all about SG baby and of course SGA
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I watched the film when it came out (before the series had began) although i was not impressed with kurt russells performance of jack o'neill. When i heard they were making a series i thought oooh have to watch that! I actually said oooh have to watch that! LOL! When children of the gods showed on tv i watched it and have been hooked ever since.
                            SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race

my theory is that everybody has a photographic memory...some people just dont have film...it appears that Sea has film...and a good sized harddrive
                              "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

I remember back when S3 was new, and there were endless trailers for it on Sky One. They were always too much, and at the time I thought the plot of SG-1 sounded awful.

Then one day, when Sky One stopped showing Star Trek: The Next Generation in the middle of the week in order to show repeats of SG-1 (as they used to do) and COTG came on, I was halfway through the first season before I realised it wasn't TNG any more .

Comment

Working...
                                X