Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol this is funny...i was bored over christmas vacation...and i just wathced sci-fi....and they showed SG1 ever day by 5 episodes, that addicted me....

Comment

I never saw the movie even though my ex hub really liked it (I was being contrary). However, I am a huge fan of most things fantasy/scifi -- I adore Highlander (series only), Farscape, XFiles, StarTrek (original and NG) --- it was a natural progression. Heck, add RDA to my natural inclinations, and you've got my tushie planted in front of the tube until they take the show off (sniff, sniff). got to quit thinking about that.....

Comment

I was hooked on Stargate since the movie came on. Saw SG1 on syndication. I have been a SG1 fan ever since.. Trying to catch up on the DVD collection.

Comment

yeah, darn how could i forget...THE MOVIE....i didn't see it the first time it was shown on my tv...and so about two years later when it was shown again, i just got glimps of it... so basically i watched it fully only a year ago...and that made me not to switch form sci-fi when sg1 negan during christmas, i just gave it a chanse

Comment

I got hooked on the series two years before the pilot was aired on Showtime. I loved the movie and saw teasers on Showtme. I immedialty set the date to watch the pilot. Wasn't a huge fan of the first episode in retrospect, but the series as a whole is simply amazing. Love how the show pokes fun at itself every now and then along with other SciFi shows.

Comment

I don't remember which episode it was but I remember that I was not a fan of the movie. It was during one of those late night channel runs looking ofr something, anything to watch in the wee hours of the morning, when I flicked past a show that had a good looking Black man dressed in gold and his eyes flashed. I remember thinking, "Whoa! What the heck was that?!" I backed up and was surprised to realized it was the Stargate spin-off which I had sneered at previously. Then I got a look at Chris Judge - and then Michael Shanks. All of these great looking guys in a sci-fi show - oh yes, I was watching. I been hooked ever since and Apophis is still my favorite of all the Goa'ulds.
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

I answered a similar Q. on the old forum, but I thought I might reply to this one as well. (anything to get my count up).

I turned on the T.V., intending to watch the cricket. England , however, had already lost, so the channel was showing "A matter of Time" to save them from having a blank screen for an hour. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to wormhole theory, and the science behind the episode hooked me completely.

Before this, I really hadn't got the few eps. I had tuned into at all. I really enjoyed the film, and I've never liked spin-off's. I suppose my prejudice coloured my opinion. Once I was hooked, however, I went back and re-watched the show from the start, and wondered why I had disliked it before.
                sigpic

Comment

My mum started watching the repeats of it on sky one, so slowly i got into it. I started watching the episodes from season 3, and then the new episodes of season5/6 (i can't remember) started coming on, and thats how i started watching it. So it's thanks to my lovely mum that i am hooked.

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

I was channel surfing. I saw RDA and thought to myself I didn't know MacGyver had a new series. So I stopped and was lucky enough to catch COTG as it was airing for the first time in syndication. I became hooked after about five minutes and been watching ever since.
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved the movie and when I found out about the series I was in two minds about if it would be any good or not, however I thought I'd give it a try. I really had to stick to it throughout the first season as I found some of the episodes definetely cringe worthy and nearly gave up on it. However, I stuck to my guns. My dad would keep me updated if I missed episodes, and now I'm the one keeping him updated on whats going on!!

Sara Lou

Comment

Before I started watching Stargate I used to have some... let's say prejudices. I just remember doing something at the computer and I didn't really pay attention to the TV, so I guess that's why I didn't change the channel... well, somehow Stargate wasn't what I expected... it was sooo much better.

Comment

I had only watched a couple of episodes when I decided to go out and buy the first season on DVD. That was on a Friday. By late Sunday (very late), I had finished watching the entire season and was itching to but season 2. Probably didn't take more than 4-5 episodes before I was completely hooked.
                          There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

In theory, I was also doomed from the start...I had *loved* the film, and it actually made me (finally) decide to switch from philosophy as my second subject to Egyptology...yeah, I know, pathetic....and I was not too enthusiastic about the film being made into a series, so I wanted to refuse to watch it...no luck there. It took about five minutes to get hooked (okay, a bit longer, it was when I saw MS as Daniel...I'll admit that...), and there we are. I've watched all the episodes ever since.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I had saw the movie Stargate with Kurt Russel and James Spader.

I went to california for a trip ,My uncle had the showtime channel that I had never heard of, Sg1 was on.I think it was the episode Tin man, but I didnt understand the show since I never saw the first episode I had no idea what it was about besides what I remeberd from the movie.

I came back home to canada and were I lived they didnt get SG1.

But now Stargate Sg1 is now on Space channel and Global , So I have seen season 1-5 and four episodes of season 6.We havent got season 7 yet but we will soon.
                              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I first watched the movie when it came out and really enjoyed it. Then, I became hooked from day one of the series, before the first episode ever even aired on Showtime. I saw the commercials for it, and that RDA was going to star in it. At that point, I was hooked and have never stopped watching it.
                                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X