This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old are members of SG-1?

I've been trying to find information on how old Colonel O'Neill and Samantha Carter and I can't seem to find anything concrete about their ages.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Originally posted by Amalthia
    I've been trying to find information on how old Colonel O'Neill and Samantha Carter and I can't seem to find anything concrete about their ages.

Does anyone know the answer to this?
    I just assume they are as old as the actors who play them. Coming up on 55 for O'Neil, 39 for Carter, and 34 for Daniel. Teal'c is the obvious anomoly here, at 105 years old... far older than the 37 for Chris Judge.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Not sure about that for O'Neill though. 55 would be very old (and in the UK out of the question I think) for active service.

As far as I knew, we had to lop 10 years off RDAs age to get to O'Neill's.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
        Not sure about that for O'Neill though. 55 would be very old (and in the UK out of the question I think) for active service.
        Surely Hammond must be older than 55 though, as he has grandchildren.
        Rocky

Comment

Did Jack mention how old he was in "1969"? Daniel said something about being "x years old" but I can't remember if Jack did as well.

Comment

The average person gets their phD when they're roughly 30 years old. SG-1 has been assembled for 8 years, add that to the 1-2 years between the time of the movie and the first episode of the series...

I think it's fair to assume Daniel and Sam are at least 40. The only way either of them could be under 40 years old is if they were a prodigy who achieved a lot at a young age.

Considering how long it took Sam to make Lt. Colonel, I'd have to say Jack was in his 40s when the series first started. It's been roughly 10 years since then, so 55 sounds pretty reasonable for Jack. You know, now that I think about his age, having Jack stuck behind a desk doesn't sound so ridiculous.
            It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic
              The average person gets their phD when they're roughly 30 years old. SG-1 has been assembled for 8 years, add that to the 1-2 years between the time of the movie and the first episode of the series...

I think it's fair to assume Daniel and Sam are at least 40. The only way either of them could be under 40 years old is if they were a prodigy who achieved a lot at a young age.

Considering how long it took Sam to make Lt. Colonel, I'd have to say Jack was in his 40s when the series first started. It's been roughly 10 years since then, so 55 sounds pretty reasonable for Jack. You know, now that I think about his age, having Jack stuck behind a desk doesn't sound so ridiculous.
              We know for certain that Daniel was born in 1965 because he said in the Episode 1969 that at that time he would have been 4 1/2. We also know his birthday is July, because he's told Fraizer that. Unfortunately these two facts seem to be mutually exclusive, since they landed up in 1969 in August, which is not half a year away from July!

Comment

I read this really long, interesting (well, I guess that depends on your veiw point) discussion on that subject over here:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/taf...fic/16635.html
                ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

in 1969, Daniel said that he as 4 and a half at the time that they were sent back to (which, really, is not possible, seeing that was in august, and Daniel said in Forever in a day that his birthday was july 8th, so he would have been 4 years and approx a month old). So Daniel was born in 1965, which makes him 40 this year. Jack was forty in season 1, as said in brief candel ,but apparently in Fragile Balance, the birth date on his id card was closer to ricks birthdate, so jack is either 48, or around 54 years of age.
                  Sam is apparently meant to be about 2 years younger then Daniel, or so i 've heard any way. Apparently that was confirmed in her file in either Entity or In the line of duty, so that would make her 38 this year.
                  Teal'c was 101 in season 4 ep 'the light' and was turning 102 in 47 days, so that would make him approx 106.
                  Hope that was useful!
                  Teal'c: Chelnak!
                  Daniel: Direct translation: Very cool!

Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Jack O'Neill: "Au revoir"... it's French for "ciao"

Daniel Jackson: Can we stop agreeing on how we're gonna die, and start doing something about it?

Comment

Jep but how old is than Master Bra'tac 143 or so ??
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Remember Jack retired so he could be 55 because he retired and has come back because he's an expert in dealing with the Goa'uld and would you really give up a chance to explore the galaxy just to sit at home and slowly die in a meaningless way?

Comment

According to his ID, Jack is 52.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

The movie said Daniel did his masters at 20, assume he did his PHD shortly after that.

Jack can be 50+ and on active duty. It depends on the definition of active though. Hammond would be in his 60's most llikely and is technically on active duty.

Comment

In Entity, Sam's ID had 1968, Daniel's had 1965 and Jack's has 1952. Some people say that Jack's statement in Brief Candle about being 40 should be taken as canon since it is spoken and the other's are props. I always took Jack's statement as a generality but it's all a matter of opinion since I have never seen it clarified by anyone related to the show.

Of course, Daniel's ID shows his birthdate as Jan 4, 1965, which would work with the 1969 ep statement of being 4 1/2 yo in the year 1969. But there was an ep where Janet was asking Daniel questions, after yet another Danny whumping, and he said his birthday was in July.

There have been several threads regarding this question and it has been hotly debated!

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                              The movie said Daniel did his masters at 20, assume he did his PHD shortly after that.

Jack can be 50+ and on active duty. It depends on the definition of active though. Hammond would be in his 60's most llikely and is technically on active duty.
                              If I remember correctly, the military allows you to stay in a maximum of 30 years or until you are 55 unless you reach a certain rank or position. At that point exceptions could be made. Usually the exceptions are in the officer corp. Enlisted usually get the boot at the 30 year/55 yo mark. (The boot with 3/4 pay and full benefits at 30 years so it's a nice boot!)

So Jack, as a Colonel and in a covert op like the SGC, could stay after 55.

Of course, I'm getting old and the memory tends to go first! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X