O'Neill's Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lillt61 View Post
    Ok so i got some pictures of Oneill's cabin but I am not sure how to post them on here. It was awesome. Please help!
    this little red piggy

Comment

That site with all the locations is just awesome.

Comment

The interior of Jack's cabin mapped out:

The image of course is scaled to fit the thread, so for the full view which one can actually read the key, visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6z...it?usp=sharing. Download and distribute freely.
        sigpic
        My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post
          The interior of Jack's cabin mapped out:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-t...-AKarswyll.gif

The image of course is scaled to fit the thread, so for the full view which one can actually read the key, visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6z...it?usp=sharing. Download and distribute freely.
          Are you doing one for Jack's house as well?

Comment

Hi. I have a question. Before Gatecon I'd like to go and see Jack's cabin. From downtown I think the bus in No 246, but I'm unsure about what bus stop I should use in North Vancouver. Because did I understand right that the road that leads to the cabin is private and so to see the building one must walk in the park from the opposite side of the lake?
            I checked the map and there's an unnamed road the goes through the woods between Crescentview Dr and Llyod Ave. Is it possible to use that road? If so, the closest bus stop would be in Edgemont Blvd.
            Can anyone help me? Thanks
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              Hi. I have a question. Before Gatecon I'd like to go and see Jack's cabin. From downtown I think the bus in No 246, but I'm unsure about what bus stop I should use in North Vancouver. Because did I understand right that the road that leads to the cabin is private and so to see the building one must walk in the park from the opposite side of the lake?
              I checked the map and there's an unnamed road the goes through the woods between Crescentview Dr and Llyod Ave. Is it possible to use that road? If so, the closest bus stop would be in Edgemont Blvd.
              Can anyone help me? Thanks
              I only really know the route from driving it from the direction of Capilano Road or the Upper Levels Hwy. I driven people to Jack's cabin a few times over the years during various cons. I'm going to Gatecon too and am considering doing the usual self drive location tour I've done before which usually includes Jack's Cabin as that is what most people ask for. Nearer the time I'll decide and see if I'll do it depending if there are enough people to fill up the car. Also, since I live in Cloverdale, which is on the same side of the Fraser river as Richmond where the Gatecon hotel is, but is further East and away from the direction I need to go to get to Burnaby I usually meet everyone at the restaurant opposite Bridge Studios as people can get there on the Skytrain, and it is the place to start if you're doing a Stargate location tour!

I've marked the location of the cabin on the map below. You could take a bus up to the Capilano Suspension bridge stop, get off there and walk from that side. The Edgemont Road side I don't know so if you take the bus along that road you need to get off in the Edgemont Road /Highland Blvd area and walk through the park. I've attached the Translink info that shows the 264 stops from Downtown Vancouver.

Hope this helps and makes sense!

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiw...ll&.s=9ad8ca51

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                I only really know the route from driving it from the direction of Capilano Road or the Upper Levels Hwy. I driven people to Jack's cabin a few times over the years during various cons. I'm going to Gatecon too and am considering doing the usual self drive location tour I've done before which usually includes Jack's Cabin as that is what most people ask for. Nearer the time I'll decide and see if I'll do it depending if there are enough people to fill up the car. Also, since I live in Cloverdale, which is on the same side of the Fraser river as Richmond where the Gatecon hotel is, but is further East and away from the direction I need to go to get to Burnaby I usually meet everyone at the restaurant opposite Bridge Studios as people can get there on the Skytrain, and it is the place to start if you're doing a Stargate location tour!

I've marked the location of the cabin on the map below. You could take a bus up to the Capilano Suspension bridge stop, get off there and walk from that side. The Edgemont Road side I don't know so if you take the bus along that road you need to get off in the Edgemont Road /Highland Blvd area and walk through the park. I've attached the Translink info that shows the 264 stops from Downtown Vancouver.

Hope this helps and makes sense!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41383[/ATTACH]

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiw...ll&.s=9ad8ca51
                Hi, thanks for the reply.
                I can't see your attachment but I added mine!
                I created a map with the position of several locations (SG1, XF, Continuum) but we don't have a car so the number of sites outside downtown that we can see is unfortunately not too high. But I'd really love to see the cabin!

locations3.jpg

m1.jpg

This is what Google map suggested me. Is the correct direction to reach the back of the cabin?

m2.jpg

From there Jack's house is within walk distance, while Sam's house is just too complicated to reach with public transport
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                  Hi, thanks for the reply.
                  I can't see your attachment but I added mine!
                  I created a map with the position of several locations (SG1, XF, Continuum) but we don't have a car so the number of sites outside downtown that we can see is unfortunately not too high. But I'd really love to see the cabin!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41386[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41384[/ATTACH]

This is what Google map suggested me. Is the correct direction to reach the back of the cabin?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41385[/ATTACH]

From there Jack's house is within walk distance, while Sam's house is just too complicated to reach with public transport
                  No, Google maps is taking you way past the road you should turn into to get to Jack's cabin. The cabin is opposite the Murdo Frazer Pitch & Putt course on Pemberton drive. I only know the way from Capilano Road, it would take you about 30 mins to walk from the bus stop at Capilano Suspension Bridge I'm guessing. You have to turn into Paisley Road from Capilano Road, then into Elizabeth Road, follow what looks like a foot path on the map into Woods Drive, walk to the end of that into Pemberton Drive, (the map you attached just cuts off at the place where the cabin is at the bottom edge), the Pitch & Putt course is on your right. When you get to the end of Woods Drive you should see the cabin to your right across the road. However, you need to turn left and you should then see a path into the park on your right not too far along. Go along that and keep to your right and it will take you round the pond to the back of the pond and you can see the cabin from there. I usually come from the Upper Levels Hwy exit by car so have never walked it, I take a different route to get there by car.

Comment

Working...
                  X