Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibilities For the Future Of The Franchise.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    As for the thread topic...I'd go for a Stargate anthology series, something I've been plugging for ages. No fixed cast, but instead you could have stories from across the entire gateverse. For example, a story set on a 304 one week, an undercover SG team in the Milky Way the next, NID working on Earth after that and so on...but all sharing an arc.

Plus, you could more easily have entire episodes dedicated to unusual viewpoints - a minor Goa'uld struggling to expand his empire, Lucian Alliance, Wraith, or even a technician on Atlantis.

I love that idea... I dunno how it would go down in terms of financial success and viewers and what not but Id freakin love to see it!
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      I love that idea... I dunno how it would go down in terms of financial success and viewers and what not but Id freakin love to see it!
      Well my initial thinking was that most of the sets, costumes, props and stock footage exists, but you don't have to pay a fixed cast. Of course, since they've been auctioning off a lot of the props, that may not be as feasible. But even in a limited form, like a miniseries, it could work. And it could be great fun.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

One of the things i love about stargate is it's "Here & Now" setting. The fact that it's set in the 20th/21st Century and not hundreds of years in the future, so i personally wouldn't want to see anything in the distant future.

When SGA finished i was kinda wishing for it to go back to the SGC. Not to follow a specific SG team (ie, SG1) but it could follow multiple teams and just the SGC in general, perhaps even something like Sealurks idea with the different settings.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post
          One of the things i love about stargate is it's "Here & Now" setting. The fact that it's set in the 20th/21st Century and not hundreds of years in the future, so i personally wouldn't want to see anything in the distant future.
          Ditto... tbh I don't like how Earth has got uber advanced thanks to the asgard tech ya know... Id prefer if our space ships were still reliant on technologies that we could cobble together and some basic energy weapons, it'd make for better "Here & Now" stories as you put it

Comment

what people dont realise is that SGU is the franchise and if it fails why would MGM put money into something that appears to be a failure, ergo no movies and no new series.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              what people dont realise is that SGU is the franchise and if it fails why would MGM put money into something that appears to be a failure, ergo no movies and no new series.
              Then what if SGU ends up being a success, but just naturally runs its course? What then?
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Video Games bring in alot of money they could help make movies ???
                Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Then what if SGU ends up being a success, but just naturally runs its course? What then?
                  Your chance of another series is greater but it depends what BW and the rest want to do next.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

what they plan to do, a movie or two a year for a few years....who knows we might even get another series out of it....giving star trek a run for its money...

Comment

After SGu end it leave while on top. come back in 5 years
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        ...who knows we might even get another series out of it....giving star trek a run for its money...
                        SG will never reach star trek's level.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          SG will never reach star trek's level.
                          not with that attitude it wont. i am an optimist (when it comes to SG) so i believe we will have at least 5 more years of awesomeness before it is scaled back

Comment

A correct fact sheet from TPTB on the history of the Ancients would be more than enough. A whole series would be a bit much I think. Plus nobody but us would watch it. And you think SGU gets poor ratings!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              A correct fact sheet from TPTB on the history of the Ancients would be more than enough. A whole series would be a bit much I think.
                              Ya thats really one of stargates biggest problems Ive always felt.. that tptb take absolutely no notice of continuity

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                                Ya thats really one of stargates biggest problems Ive always felt.. that tptb take absolutely no notice of continuity
                                Personally, I'd rather they tie up a couple of dozen loose plot threads before they sort out continuity issues. Not everything, just enough to satisfy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X