This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayan
    my stargate design looks like an actual dormant stargate 'cept it doesn't have the glyphs in the inner circle so it sorta looks like the atlantis gate... and there's an Earth symbol in the middle of the dormant area...
    So basically it's a ring with the Earth symbol at the top?
    How big is your drawing? Where were/are you going to get it again?

Darn. Now you've got me thinking of all these great possiblities!

Adrianne
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
      (WOOHOO! I got Rep points today! My first ones ever! I am way too excited over this.)
      Adrianne
      Just wait until you get RED (especially if the person pegs you for a 'supposed' rumor that you posted as a joke)
      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
        Just wait until you get RED (especially if the person pegs you for a 'supposed' rumor that you posted as a joke)
        Yeah, I can see how that could happen. I suspect for me, I'll get RED for much the same reason ... Someone doesn't understand that I'm joking and gets offended by it. I don't even know how to look out for that ... I suppose I can't and I'll just have to let people get to know me instead of just my rep points, you know?

In other news of the addicted kind ::Hangs her head in shame:: I swear to you I had a dream about Gateworld. I'm not thrilled about this ... But it did get me up at 7am and my first thought was, "Gosh I wonder if I have any new posts to read." I did not get up. I've been so exhausted this past week that I forced myself back to sleep.

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

that's nothing! my dream last night was me with SG1... we were offworld and under attack.... i had superpowers and saved the day..... i have weird dreams
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
            that's nothing! my dream last night was me with SG1... we were offworld and under attack.... i had superpowers and saved the day..... i have weird dreams
            Okay. Yeah, you're right, yours was better. Mine was of me waking up at work, having fallen asleep in front of the computer waiting to see if anyone had replied to any of my posts. The strangest part was there was someone else at the office when I woke up, a cleaning lady, except we don't have a cleaning crew at my work so I really have no idea who this person was ... and I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see who it was either. She told me something important but I can't remember what it was ... Kind of qualifies as a nightmare since I was at work in it :: Pondering ::

But! On to better things. I've gotten all my earns done so I can watch MacGyver and Stargate today! WOOHOO!

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TechnoWraith
              Slightly off topicish:

i don't know if anyone else notices it, but if you hit Page 4, the banner ads at the top of the page are for "Garage Door openers" and "remote garage door openers." The first post on the page mentions "GDO's" and "garage openers." A coincidence?

On topic:
              I asked that famous question "what are we feeding on tonight?" (what's for dinner?) and my dad said "the dog." Boy, did that one ever throw me off for a minute.

I'm not that hungry tonight, can I get a doggie bag?

*groan*

funny, are they at all ruff?
              srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                *groan*

funny, are they at all ruff?

Gotta love a bad joke

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE!

:: Chanting ala The Mummy 'Imoteph, Imoteph, Imoteph' ::
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE!

:: Chanting ala The Mummy 'Imoteph, Imoteph, Imoteph' ::
                    Have you put any thought into cutting back on the caffine? It's done wonders for me :: Twitch ::.

I'm kind of starting to see a trend on this thread ... Hey mom! I think I made a few friends in Gateworld!!

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

You know the only thing that calmed me down after a bad day at work today was a couple eps of SG-1. Man, this show can work wonders. Long live my addiction.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Had a dream once where SG-1 was in this city, but it was a closed in city, like nobody was alowed out and they had doubles there...it was confusing. But one thing I remember is that Jack's double was wearing a brown leather jacket. My dreams are both wierd and mainly shallow. This was one of my favorite's. Somewhere after kissing MacGyver...

Comment

BTW I noticed everyone talking about tatoos and I wanted to say NO WAY!!! I'm NEVER getting one. I mean seriously. If Jack doesn't like needles, I don't like needles. I mean, Jack would know. Besides, what happens if I'm captured by the Goa'uld and/or some other evil bad guy and he tortures me to find out where I came from. The last thing I need is him finding a point of origin on my back and knowing I come from earth and launching an attack on the rest of the Tau'ri. I mean, I know Jack could defeat them, esspecially now that we have a ZPM. But, I think he'd be mad at me. I couldn't bear Jack being mad at me *lower lip quivers*

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                            BTW I noticed everyone talking about tatoos and I wanted to say NO WAY!!! I'm NEVER getting one. I mean seriously. If Jack doesn't like needles, I don't like needles.
                            If I were to ever get a tattoo, it would be one of two things.

Option #1
                            "Copyright 1969 Dr. & Mrs John C. Holley Jr."
                            In very small letters located on my back at my waistline just like a copyright notice at the bottom of a website or other printed material. The idea is that when I die and I'm stripped down to give the Medical Examiner a laugh.

Option #2
                            "Hand wash only. Do not dryclean. Pat dry only. Do not iron. Made from all natural materials"
                            In very small letters in a box located at the back of my neck reminescent(sp) of a tag in a shirt.

Comment

I absolutely love both options!!

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

First I'd just like to ask from your previous post ... :: Grabs you by the shirt collar and shakes :: YOU KISSED MACGYVER!? Oh, I'm sorry, did I wrinkle your shirt? :: Lets you go :: :: Straights your collar :: Sorry about that.

Originally posted by melpomene
                                The last thing I need is him finding a point of origin on my back and knowing I come from earth and launching an attack on the rest of the Tau'ri. I mean, I know Jack could defeat them, esspecially now that we have a ZPM. But, I think he'd be mad at me. I couldn't bear Jack being mad at me *lower lip quivers*
                                I ... never really thought of that. If I was you, I'd try to sell your tattoo off as an Angstrom. An Angstrom looks very much like the Earth Symbol.

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Working...
                                X