This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chyron
    Oh so now we're doing PIRATES of the STARGATE?

Auctioneer Pirate: Show them your starboard side!
    Pirates: We wants the Red Head! We wants the Red Head!
    have you by any chance been to a Disneyland theme park?

You know you're a gate head when you're history teachers says that Galen and Hippocrates were called ancients and you burst out laughing at the back of the classroom

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
      have you by any chance been to a Disneyland theme park?

You know you're a gate head when you're history teachers says that Galen and Hippocrates were called ancients and you burst out laughing at the back of the classroom
      Not Disneyland. But I worked at WDW for much too long. For that matter, I think that the kids in It's a Small World are long overdue to hit puberty.
      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
        Not Disneyland. But I worked at WDW for much too long. For that matter, I think that the kids in It's a Small World are long overdue to hit puberty.
        You worked there? Where? and yes so true the It's a Small World dolls in puberty, now that would be a funny ride

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
          You worked there? Where? and yes so true the It's a Small World dolls in puberty, now that would be a funny ride
          It was another time, another place. Basically, a really bad acid trip.
          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I wish that song, IT'S A SMALL WORLD would die already.
            At least change it to something SG. IT'S A STARGATE AFTER ALL.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

i hate that song too. one of my friends started singing it and this is what i said to shut him up"

"compared to realities of space and the perplexities of time continuation, our world is fairly small.... there are billions of stars, planets, nebulas, and other fascinating complexities yet to be explained and cannot be fathomed by our small perseption of the universe because we do indeed live on a small world. now if we had a stargate...."

at this point i stopped talking cause there was a collective of groans and a chorus of "Will she ever shut up about that damn show?"
              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
              sigpic

Comment

How about trying naming your own child with a stargateish name? In a conversation about baby names, all I could think of are these kinds of names. Of course when the time comes I won't give my child such name, but only because I don't want him/her to be the subject of redicule (we all know how childeren can be mean sometimes) just because his/her mum is a stargate fanatic (perhaps as a second name?).

Comment

I'd go with a second name....I'd probably name my child Daniel (boy), because I've always liked that name, even before I started watching Stargate And...I don't think i'd name a girl anyone from the show, Unless you count Jacks' Ex-wife, Sara (and i'd spell it Sarah)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                    I'd go with a second name....I'd probably name my child Daniel (boy), because I've always liked that name, even before I started watching Stargate And...I don't think i'd name a girl anyone from the show, Unless you count Jacks' Ex-wife, Sara (and i'd spell it Sarah)
                    You could always go and name them after the actors ...
                    You could have an Amanda for a girl ... or a Victoria.
                    Richard for a boy. Michael. Christopher. Rainbow.

Adrianne
                    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      A couple of us were joking about needing a 12 step program at times so I thought it might be fun to have a little place where, when you start to think that you're a bit of an oddball or family and friends start using the words pyschiatric help in conversation with you, that you can go to see that you're not alone and to tell your tales of woe.

My husband pretty much thinks me certifiable because I have a bad tendancy of shouting at the t.v. screen or throwing things at it. Of course then I just video taped him while he was watching one of his hockey games and he shut up right quick.

LOL....Yeah, that's right, nobody understands the need to talk to the tv...why's that?
                      I have the same problem, not with my husband because I don't have one, but with friends..None of them watch SGA(and I'm probably obsessed with it) and when something exciting happens I can't talk to anybody!!!!!!!! It's so awful ...So the TV's my best friend at those moments...LOL..
                      Just kidding, the TV can't answer me, so I talk/laugh/fight with myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Varekai
                        Just kidding, the TV can't answer me, so I talk/laugh/fight with myself...
                        thats normal though right? cos ive been doing that for like 8 years
                        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                          You could always go and name them after the actors ...
                          You could have an Amanda for a girl ... or a Victoria.
                          Richard for a boy. Michael. Christopher. Rainbow.

Adrianne
                          personally, i wouldn't name my kid rainbow.... that just asking for emotional truama in this day and age.... and probably wouldn't name kid daniel either... i'd prolly end up marrying a daniel....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                            personally, i wouldn't name my kid rainbow.... that just asking for emotional truama in this day and age.... and probably wouldn't name kid daniel either... i'd prolly end up marrying a daniel....
                            Yeah, I totally wouldn't name my kid Rainbow. I'd have to, like, nickname him "Rain" and never mention the "bow" ever again.

I don't like the name "Daniel" because I don't like the name "Dan" or "Danny". And I have issues with the name "Richard" because you some how get "Dick" out of that and I think it's just wrong to call a male "Dick" and have him answer you pleasantly, you know what I mean? I like the name "Michael" but, oddly enough, since "The Waltons" I love the name Michael for a female. The mother on "The Waltons", the actress was named "Michael". I just love that. I don't know why.

Adrianne
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                              I don't like the name "Daniel" because I don't like the name "Dan" or "Danny". And I have issues with the name "Richard" because you some how get "Dick" out of that and I think it's just wrong to call a male "Dick" and have him answer you pleasantly, you know what I mean? I like the name "Michael" but, oddly enough, since "The Waltons" I love the name Michael for a female. The mother on "The Waltons", the actress was named "Michael". I just love that. I don't know why.

Adrianne
                              i find the name Daniel such a turn on... only reason why i read any part of the Christian Bible.... i dunno what it is, but i'm just drawn to it.... it's weird mainly cause i've never met a daniel in my life... and agree, "Dick" is not a good way to shorten Richard, and i have no idea where you would get dick from richard to begin with... but i do like richard, it sounds aristrocratic.... now i do not predict a Micheal anywhere in my family future... i have terrible luck with guys named Micheal, and they're not too crazy about me either...

Acceptable Male names are Joshua, William, and Alexander... they are strong arstrocratic names and shortening them should only be done as terms of enderment from truly charished loved ones....

Acceptable Female names include Sara (pronounced with ah sound), Katherine, Alexi, Elisabeth, and Theresa...there are others but these are at the top of my fron... and again, these are all strong, arstrocratic names that suggest an independant nature and spirit, and again should not be shortened for the public proper

i'm such a snob when it comes to names X3
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                                thats normal though right? cos ive been doing that for like 8 years
                                I certanily hope it is....

Comment

Working...
                                X