Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's place is between a Hatak and Death Glider.

Comment

There's a good shot of an al'kesh landed among Jaffa troops on the credits of Season 7 and I realised from that that the thing is SNEKKING HUGE! Even allowing for engines and ordnance bays, you have to be able to fit some troops on that thing, if only to protect it when it's on the ground.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Dude, the Al Kesh is called a bomber: it bombs stuff. We see it bombing stuff, thus it is a bomber. 'Nuff said.

As for the Al'kesh Landing troops it could just be relaying people from the orbiting mothership becuase of the 5 meter trange rule on the rings and there were no ring implacements near SG-1 at the time.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          In The Other Guys they seem to be transporting troops on/off the al'kesh, which is clearly a great deal bigger than a teltac (it appears to have comfortable cargo space for several Stargates), but then all information from Felger episodes should probably be considered suspect.
          Once again....must write bigger! I took my username for a reason. Don't worry. Last time it was not you.

Oh, yea....I go with bomber.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

That weren't Al'keshes that were dropping off troops.

Comment

Its A Bomber!

Comment

It can do both. Much like real military vessels, they can be configured differently to suit different needs.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  That weren't Al'keshes that were dropping off troops.
                  WTF?? That shouldn't be weren't it should be wasn't or was not. Sjeesh dont they teach kids anything nowerdays?

Anyhoo we did see an Al'Kesh deploying troops in "The Other Guys" but as a said before its was most likely releying troops from the motherships via rings. Due to the fact rings only go 5 meters without another set on the other end. there was none near SG-1 so the al-kesh drops next to SG-1. 5 meters from the ground and the mothership sents the troops to the Al'Kesh, ehich drops them onto the ground.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

I very well know that was wrong, but I changed my mind reg. what I should write in the middle of the post and never changed the beginning, and you can clearly see my location so you should understand not everyone is 100% correct in English when one isn't born in an English-speaking country. And two questions marks is wrong, just plain wrong. You should also try using a comma.

Since I wrote "That weren't Al'keshes that were dropping off troops." Shouldn't you be able to understand it should be They weren't? Since I both used weren't and Al'keshes and not "That was not an Al'kesh".

Comment

Easy aAnubiSs... Crazedwraith the guy made a small mistake...no need to go so hard on old aAnubiSs... i think u hurt his/hers feelings..

BTW in last stand there were those barge things ..they werent' alkeshes- they seem to be a lot bigger than your average' kesh..
                      Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                      O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

I didn't go on hard, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          I very well know that was wrong, but I changed my mind reg. what I should write in the middle of the post and never changed the beginning, and you can clearly see my location so you should understand not everyone is 100% correct in English when one isn't born in an English-speaking country. And two questions marks is wrong, just plain wrong. You should also try using a comma.

Since I wrote "That weren't Al'keshes that were dropping off troops." Shouldn't you be able to understand it should be They weren't? Since I both used weren't and Al'keshes and not "That was not an Al'kesh".
                          Whoops, sorry I've never noticed your location bar before. I deeply and most humbly apoplgise.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

-
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            I have never saw a ep where the Al'kesh had it's shields on.

So does it have shields? The death glider does not but the cargo ship does have shields, so in size steps the Al'kesh should have shields but how did we take them down in LOST CITY, PART 2.
                            "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                            of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                            Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                            because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                            of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                            another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

The Tel'tak and Al'kesh probably have shields just around the hull, so it won't get teared a part. But they probably don't have shields that extend like Ha'taks and all other motherships we've seen.

Comment

The al'kesh is a bomber/support craft, take it from a guy who thinks alot about ships.
                                "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                                of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                                Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                                because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                                of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                                another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Working...
                                X