Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferry the people to Atlantis in the shuttle and leave Destiny on its path or blow it up or take the gate simple as that.

Comment

And copy Destiny's database before leaving (star charts, other astronomical data, anything else Destiny discovered in its long journey, tech specs and schematics, and of course download everything else collected by the seeder ships).

They could also drop off supplies, the "right people" for further research and install an iris.
      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        I kinda liked the episode....wormhole drive and all.
        I liked it. It was worth watching for the Nerdgasm I got from watching Atlantis battle the SuperHive. Its only problem was that it needed to be a two or three parter. Well that and the wormhole drive. They should have just written it that they got there in time via hyperspace.

Perfecto!

Comment

I hear that they plan to use the wormhole drive in the Atlantis movie so maybe they wanted to establish its presence in the series.
          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
            I hear that they plan to use the wormhole drive in the Atlantis movie so maybe they wanted to establish its presence in the series.
            actually they planned to use it in SGU but never did.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
              Anyway, if we DO take the wormhole drive as canon for whatever reason, then even for this plan to work, Atlantis would need a complete overhaul.
              It is canon, period.

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
                Stargate + Black-hole = Everyone comes home. Stargate + Black-hole = Destiny Receives backup/Resupply. Midway-Like station built orbiting a black-hole for long distance Stargate hops = No Brainer.

Why does no one remember these things?

Klaxxonblue
                I thought of this what they need to do is copy the ori supergate and have is orbiting a black hole in both galaxies and give it automated defences and a shield for an iris and dont say they can they have the atlantis database and the asgard knowledge core and they can ask the nox for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                  It is canon, period.
                  Indeed.

Comment

oh yes we can copy and modify all technology in existence just like that.

last time i checked anything ori was only controllable through cooperation by people who had ori knowledge, like Danny

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
                      Stargate + Black-hole = Everyone comes home. Stargate + Black-hole = Destiny Receives backup/Resupply. Midway-Like station built orbiting a black-hole for long distance Stargate hops = No Brainer.

Why does no one remember these things?

Klaxxonblue
                      I mentioned this in another thread. Only problem i see with it is, what needs to be done to shut the gate down. They needed a gatebuster to shut the gate down. Because of that theres the risk the gatebusters blast wave could travel through the gate to Destiny. Since Destiny doesn't have a iris or gate shield, that would be very bad.

Comment

Atlantis is not a ship, its a city. The flying part is just a convenient way of moving without rebuilding.

What I would do is transfer the specification of the wormhole drive in the Asgard core to see if they can build a smaller version to fit on the 304s. It wont happen cause it would make our ships too powerful for this series.

Comment

Wasn't the wormhole drive ridiculously unstable? Like a 50/50 chance the city would be vaporised or something?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Wasn't the wormhole drive ridiculously unstable? Like a 50/50 chance the city would be vaporised or something?
                            yep

Comment

actually the drive isnt. the calculations are. you have to create a wormhole which scoops up the city and deposits it elsewhere. over nearly 100 000 lightyears, in earth's orbit.

in real life, a wormhole is a very delicate state, if it exist. traversable, but the tiniest shift can destroy the wormhole. gravity takes care of such a wormhole, and since the ship entering has gravity as well, the ship itself distorts the wormhole, and you have to compensate for that.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                I'm not surprised they installed something like this straight into Atlantis, the ancients probably didn't even test it first. We might be able to get it working properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X