Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i liked the movie and didn't know it was made into a tv series untill sg1 movied to syfy
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The movie
      sigpic

Comment

The movie. I really liked it when I saw it for the first time, long time ago
        sigpic

Comment

I saw the movie and loved it.

Saw the showtime pilot..not impressed.

Sci-fi bought the show and my mom got interested and I started to watch at it. Then I started to really like it.

Then SGA was going to start and I watched the first season and loved it. I missed the first part of season two due to illness, then caught up and it was my favorite show...until season 5.
          Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

The movie got me started. Loved it, still have my VHS copy as well as the special edition DVD

Started watching SG1 around season 2 i think. loved it, but when SGA came out i loved it even more. I have quibbles with both series, but overall they're very entertaining. Sadly...
            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

SG-1. I casually watch the first season, but the second season got me hooked.

Comment

I saw the movie when it first came out and really liked the idea of the connection of Earth's Ancient Egyptian past with an alien civilisation, and the concept of the Stargate being a means of travel to another world. I wasn't aware of a TV series being made of it.

I only came across the TV series by chance when I caught the middle of SG-1's first season reruns and seeing the Stargate again caught my attention. I bought the first series on VHS to catch up with what I missed and I was hooked, it was SG-1 the TV series that made me into an avid fan.

Comment

I first watched the movie, but the SG1 series was what definitely turned me into a fan

Comment

I saw the TV show before the movie so I'd have to say the SG1 made me a fan!
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

SG-1 definitely.
                      I saw the movie first and I have to say I hated it, even though the whole "Stargate" premise was great.
                      Then I heard there was a show and three days and 7 episodes later, I was a fan.
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end...

Comment

The movie. I watched the movie first and really liked it. I missed the first few episodes of SG-1, saw "Cold Lazarus" and didn't like it. I didn't think the TV series would do the film justice. Then I accidentally watched "A Matter of Time" when the cricket was cancelled and got hooked.
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved the movie as a kid, but didn't really like the series. Then, when I was about 14, I watched 'Enemy Mine' and that was me! Love it now. Can't get enough.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Totally can't remember what I saw first. I thihk it was the show, but I used to use SG1 as my "commercial" show.... you know the one u switch to when your main show is on commercial. But I think it was all the years of watching part episodes that got me hooked. Then borrowed the show from my brother in law and that was it... I was hooked forever!
                            sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                            Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                            GateCon Vancouver 2011
                            Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

I watched the movie first and it was alright but my sister found the show and told me about it. I would say that her watching the show made me a fan more than the content of the show itself, though I did like the episode "Prometheus Unbound" mostly for the ship though.

Comment

The series.
                                I watched the movie when I was a kid around the time it was released but I never even knew about the series until 4-5 years ago when I stumbled on the episode Fire and Water from season 1 while flipping channels on the tv hoping to catch something to watch. While not the best episode it did peak my interest so I (shame on me) downloaded the first few seasons which I steamrolled through with roughly 1 season a day.
                                Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                                Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X