General O'Neill's cabin on Psych & other Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Do we get to see the interior of the cabin?
    Yes. In S10
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Do we get to see the interior of the cabin?
      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Yes. In S10
      In S10, "Uninvited", where Landry has invited SG1 to spend a few days "relaxing" at Jack's cabin, only to have the downtime interrupted by a nasty critter that's going around killing people - near the cabin as well as on other planets.

Comment

Jack's cabin has indeed turned up in a load of shows. Even in a bank visa card ad during the Vancouver Olympics!

I've wandered around there a few times, it is actually the park keeper's private lodge for a park in North Vancouver. The day I took this picture the park keeper was having a BBQ with a load of people on the deck off to the left of the picture. It's one of the popular locations people like to visit when they come to Vancouver during the Stargate conventions. There's a lovely pitch and putt course near it too.

Comment

That cant be the same one the boats a diffrent colour

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Yes. In S10
            Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            In S10, "Uninvited", where Landry has invited SG1 to spend a few days "relaxing" at Jack's cabin, only to have the downtime interrupted by a nasty critter that's going around killing people - near the cabin as well as on other planets.
            Oh, right. Since they changed the location of Jack's cabin for that ep, I automatically thought they filmed at a different house, too.
            sigpic

Comment

I've seen this cabin in MacGyver and Men in Trees, too. It's everywhere...

Good job spotting that!
              sigpic
              ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by iloveteyla View Post
                That cant be the same one the boats a diffrent colour
                Well season 8 of stargate was filmed in 2004, and season 4 of psych was filmed either 2009 or 2010 so it's possible they just got a new boat, or one (or both) boats were were placed there by the studio as props.
                The cabin looks the same though.

Comment

I just recently saw this on Supernatural S6E21… It was pretty cool to see Jack O'Neill's cabin covered in angel/demon proofing symbols!

Comment

And I just spotted it in the Canadian Primeval: New World (season 1, episode 7).

http://i.imgur.com/9wz3A9o.jpg

And interestingly, Amanda Tapping has directed a few episodes of Primeval, too!

Comment

Funny. That cabin has a great agent. She gets more roles than most actors.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                        Funny. That cabin has a great agent. She gets more roles than most actors.

It was always the top location to visit for all those that came for the Stargate Vancouver cons over the years. A nice place, no wonder it's used a lot.

Comment

Oh, right. Since they changed the location of Jack's cabin for that ep, I automatically thought they filmed at a different house, too.
                          The commentary mentions it was originally going to be Landry's cabin, but it was too iconic/obvious so they changed it, fudging over the bit that it moved from Minnesota.

Ironically, when Egle01 asked "Do we get to see the interior of the cabin?" I thought, "Of course, in a number of episodes!" forgetting that that was Jack's *house* in Colorado Springs, which they've mentioned on commentaries. I don't remember if the cabin's been singled out on the commentaries except for Uninvited.

These are really good catches! I've only caught Simon Fraser University used for Tollana and new BSG's pilot, and I think Tin Man and Watergate before I listened to the commentary. 2/3rds of the way down http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/l.../location2.htm is the cabin's first infamous appearance in The Curse.

"There do not be appear to be any fish, O'Neill." "It's not about the fish. It's about fish-ING."

*cellphone rings*

"Daniel, save me!" <interpreted from Teal'c-speak> XD

http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/stargate.htm is the main site. I'd forgotten about the location shot pages until this thread, which is awesome. I've seen very few of these other series.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Amelia Duet View Post
                              The commentary mentions it was originally going to be Landry's cabin, but it was too iconic/obvious so they changed it, fudging over the bit that it moved from Minnesota.

Ironically, when Egle01 asked "Do we get to see the interior of the cabin?" I thought, "Of course, in a number of episodes!" forgetting that that was Jack's *house* in Colorado Springs, which they've mentioned on commentaries. I don't remember if the cabin's been singled out on the commentaries except for Uninvited.

These are really good catches! I've only caught Simon Fraser University used for Tollana and new BSG's pilot, and I think Tin Man and Watergate before I listened to the commentary. 2/3rds of the way down http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/l.../location2.htm is the cabin's first infamous appearance in The Curse.

"There do not be appear to be any fish, O'Neill." "It's not about the fish. It's about fish-ING."

*cellphone rings*

"Daniel, save me!" <interpreted from Teal'c-speak> XD

http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/stargate.htm is the main site. I'd forgotten about the location shot pages until this thread, which is awesome. I've seen very few of these other series.
                              Jack's 'house' and the 'cabin' were two different locations. We see a lot of the cabin interior in season 10's 'Uninvited'. As far as I can recall that was the only time on Stargate that we saw the interior of Jack's cabin. The interior of Jack's 'house' is seen in 'Shades of Grey', 'Lost City', 'Threads'(on the deck) and 'Citizen Joe', there are probably more episodes but I can't recall at the moment!

The location of Jack's 'house' has never been revealed (except when included as a 'drive by' on a couple of the Creation Location Tours) as it is a private residence. The 'cabin' is the private residence of the warden of a North Vancouver park but you can walk around the back in the park and see it from the other side of the pond with "no fish".

I reckon that 'Jack's cabin' is the location I've seen the most of on various TV shows and movies with 'Terminal City.' where SGA's 'Sateda' was filmed a close second.

Comment

The cabin was used in a couple of episodes of "Once Upon a Time", too.

Comment

Working...
                                X