Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if we can predict how the world is gonna be in 20-30 years we could predict what a sg1 remake would be like, because sg1 always reflected the times it was set in.

Im just gonna guess that 2030-40 earth is going to be crowded, desperate for resources and the usual politics and employment problems. So the SGC would be more barebones, the team members more hardcore and willing to resort to brutal methods. The focus would be on gathering resources not just technology.

my 2 cents

Comment

From little of Stargate I've so far watched, I can only imagine it to be a continuation of the better aspects of the show, just with new team members and .....new writing material....I would hope

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

No reboot that is stupid. I would however love to see an SG-1 theatrical release with the original cast. O'Neill, Carter, Jackson and Teal'c. Mitchell too if they can find a good way to put him in the story but NO Vala. Sadly we can't have Hammond tho.

Comment

I wouldn't want to see a reboot, either. (I'm actually of the mind that they can still squeeze out a fair bit from both SG-1 and SGA, either as movies, a mini-series, or even resurrecting the series. Yup. I'm an optimist...sorta. )

That far down the road, a 'reunion' type thing would be nice. If the franchise were still alive (i.e., stargate shows still ongoing), then it'd be nice to see all of the surviving (the OP did say 30-40 yrs...) main cast members from SG-1 (including Jonas, Vala & Cam, of course ) interacting with what would then be the 'current' cast of whatever stargate show is in existence.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I know its an unpopular opinion but I found Nemesis more enjoyable then Star Trek 2009 and gave up on LOST a long time ago.
            True Nemesis was awesome and represented a real departure from the previous NG films they made which, in my opinion, looked too much like the TV Show. But I don't think its a good comparison because NG and ST are like apples and oranges in a way.

I would say that a comparison between the ST movies of the 80's and the reboot of 2009 would be fare though. But not even that because the 09 reboot predates all the Shatner & Nimoy movies (in story-timeline) and it was the story I always imagined. What were these guys and gals like as recruits. What made them who they are and where did they come from?
            "I'm a writer dammit and I am not gonna take no for an answer"
            D.I.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              Well if we can predict how the world is gonna be in 20-30 years we could predict what a sg1 remake would be like, because sg1 always reflected the times it was set in.

Im just gonna guess that 2030-40 earth is going to be crowded, desperate for resources and the usual politics and employment problems. So the SGC would be more barebones, the team members more hardcore and willing to resort to brutal methods. The focus would be on gathering resources not just technology.

my 2 cents
              Those are the same predictions that have been made since the 1920's and none have come to pass yet. We were supposed to run out of oil in the 90's and never see snow again after 1999 (gee wish that one had happened ) and have a colony on mars by 2005. I figure an sg1 reboot in 20 years would only reflect the changes in the entertainment industry and the technological changes....otherwise everything will be pretty much the same. All, IMHO of course.

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
              I wouldn't want to see a reboot, either. (I'm actually of the mind that they can still squeeze out a fair bit from both SG-1 and SGA, either as movies, a mini-series, or even resurrecting the series. Yup. I'm an optimist...sorta. )

That far down the road, a 'reunion' type thing would be nice. If the franchise were still alive (i.e., stargate shows still ongoing), then it'd be nice to see all of the surviving (the OP did say 30-40 yrs...) main cast members from SG-1 (including Jonas, Vala & Cam, of course ) interacting with what would then be the 'current' cast of whatever stargate show is in existence.
              hear hear! I agree...give us miniseries and movies.
              All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Of all things I can't see Stargate being deemed good enough by Hollywood to have a reboot.
                Blasphemy!
                Now sholva!
                I think it is inevitable and it will most likely be like NBSG and 2009 Trek combined and that since most of us will be either no longer living or too old to care, so what?
                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I'd prefer a soft reboot if any, like they did with Dr Who.

Comment

YAY! YES! I love Stargate SG-1! New movie is SG-1 with SGA! ^_^

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
                      No reboot that is stupid. I would however love to see an SG-1 theatrical release with the original cast. O'Neill, Carter, Jackson and Teal'c. Mitchell too if they can find a good way to put him in the story but NO Vala. Sadly we can't have Hammond tho.
                      I agree with this 100%. It would be fabulous to see a movie with the original cast. I mean, even with all the new stuff after SG-1, viewers have always demanded the presence of the original cast. Even though I believe that SGA was almost just as good as SG-1, I do not think SGU was nearly as good, and so it was great when I saw some original cast (ie Jackson, O'Neill, Carter, McKay). I think there is still a huge amount of people out there who are interested in what Stargate has to offer and it could be a huge hit if someone could fund it.
                      You ended that sentence with a preposition.....you B$$$$$$$!

Comment

I don't think I would want a reboot of the series tho, only because I'm loyal to the original. But something new like when they did Atlantis would be great because it would keep Stargate going, simply with new characters. I would prefer them to keep the same filming style and storylines though.
                        You ended that sentence with a preposition.....you B$$$$$$$!

Comment

Working...
                        X