This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Plot Arcs

I'm sure there are loads of fanfics out there with many Stargate plot arcs so this is just a thread for those writers or potential fanfic writers. Think of plot arcs that might be interesting to read about or even watch. And no, I haven't read much fanfic.

A few of my ideas:

-The initial Asgard venture into the unknown universe and their genetic deterioration.

-Clone O'Neill's transition into the Stargate program, you just know he can't stay away especially with what he knows.

-The Goa'uld's rise to power.

-The Ancients rise to power and initial exploration and origins.

-The Furlings rise to power and initial exploration and origins.

-O'Neill's comedy hour.

-Honorable band of thieves in the galaxy (sorta like Firefly, I guess)

-The Wraith rising and gradual domination.

After a power failure, the group awaken from what seemed to be their long sleep in the Gamekeeper's chairs, only to find out Apophis still reigns and they use their knowledge of events in the chair (since the physics is real) in order to combat the very much alive threat of the Goa'uld, after finding a way back to Earth.

That's the only way I could think of 'back selling' it so the goa'uld are still alive and very much active...

Comment

or another team just got into an alternate universe where the Goa'uld were Ra is still alive and decide to use their knowledge from our universe. From there you can choose either the 'honorable band of thieves' line or the 'We're gonna save the day (again)" one.
      La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
      L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        -The initial Asgard venture into the unknown universe and their genetic deterioration.

-The Ancients rise to power and initial exploration and origins.
        those two ideas would make great fan fictions
        a fanfic about Earth developing advanced tech on their own without the discovery of the stargate would also be very interesting for a fanfic.
        sigpic

Comment

- A Wriath ship crashes into earth, unknown to how the ship got so far into the Milky Way, SG1 has to call in the Atlantis team when they realize Lt. Ford has returned home.

- A Goa'uld infiltrates Atlantis undetected and finds itself a new host, a Wraith.

-On an offworld mission, Oma Desala appears to SG1 and tells them grave news, Anubis and Adria have overthrown the Ancients and are back somewhere in the Milky Way.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            - A Wriath ship crashes into earth, unknown to how the ship got so far into the Milky Way, SG1 has to call in the Atlantis team when they realize Lt. Ford has returned home.

- A Goa'uld infiltrates Atlantis undetected and finds itself a new host, a Wraith.

-On an offworld mission, Oma Desala appears to SG1 and tells them grave news, Anubis and Adria have overthrown the Ancients and are back somewhere in the Milky Way.
            now there is an idea ive had in the back of me head for a long time it would make sence for the goa'uld as it is in their nature to seek out the most advanced hosts, and just imagine what an ultimate big baddie tht'd be

Comment

Despite not believing in it, i've always been curious as to different forms of evolution even on Earth. playing devils advocate, what if Homo Sapiens didn't win the battle for dominance? I'm actually exploring that in my own fanfic (shameless self-promotion) and i'm finding researching it to be pretty awesome

Again, here's one i wrote recently, What if Ba'al hired Earth Mercenaries during his time here?

The thing is, i write most of the plot ideas i get.
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I've always had the idea of a group of mercineries are hired by the lucian alliance but are set up and then get blamed for the attack of Icarus. It would be a very good way to explore the shadier areas of the galaxy, and develop on the galactic community seen in the series

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                  I've always had the idea of a group of mercineries are hired by the lucian alliance but are set up and then get blamed for the attack of Icarus. It would be a very good way to explore the shadier areas of the galaxy, and develop on the galactic community seen in the series
                  I'm actually working on a fic that's not exactly that, but operates on the same kind of thinking. Stay tuned.

Personally i'd rather see a guerrila style war. Something that isn't all ships going pew-pew! and rather people in extreme survival modes. I'd love to see Bear Grylls get drafted into the SGC
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

we meet and fight a race with brains. they use goauld-level technology and aren't idiotic powermongers with a massive ego.

Comment

I would personally Love to see some "day in the life off", kind of stories. Infact it would make a great Stargate film, with 5-6 different stories all told in one collection, kind of like Halo: Legends.

Short stories I would like to see....

- A day in the life of a minor Goa'uld

- A day in the life of a Wraith (a Todd like wraith... hell maybe even Todd himself)

- The rise and fall of the Great Alliance of four races, how met who first and how, who joined last, what did they do, how did they all get on, did any of the races ever fight each other?

- Finish off the Crystal Skull story, what the hell happened to Daniel's uncle? Who where they, where the mist humanoids the aliens themselves or holograms?

- Day in the life of an SGC team (not SG-1), maybe even Adam Baldwins team from "Heroes", they where a good team.

- Day in the life of Walter

- A Stargate narrated timeline, putting it all in context, like the "Halo: Origins" short.
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        I would personally Love to see some "day in the life off", kind of stories. Infact it would make a great Stargate film, with 5-6 different stories all told in one collection, kind of like Halo: Legends.

Short stories I would like to see....

- A day in the life of a minor Goa'uld

- A day in the life of a Wraith (a Todd like wraith... hell maybe even Todd himself)

- The rise and fall of the Great Alliance of four races, how met who first and how, who joined last, what did they do, how did they all get on, did any of the races ever fight each other?

- Finish off the Crystal Skull story, what the hell happened to Daniel's uncle? Who where they, where the mist humanoids the aliens themselves or holograms?

- Day in the life of an SGC team (not SG-1), maybe even Adam Baldwins team from "Heroes", they where a good team.

- Day in the life of Walter

- A Stargate narrated timeline, putting it all in context, like the "Halo: Origins" short.
                        That would be very cool.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                        X