Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my computer, but I hate most computer games. The only computer game I truely like was C&C and Sim games, mainly Simcity 2000.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
      It's my computer, but I hate most computer games. The only computer game I truely like was C&C and Sim games, mainly Simcity 2000.
      Wait, it's gonna be the same game on PC (And PS2 and XBox I think) as it would have been on Gamecube... Nintendo are just losing now, i mean look what happened to Sega. And the only games console I have is the SNES!

Comment

I'm utterly incapable of playing anything even remotely similar to a FPS-style game. Bad hand/eye coordination and stress levels which would probably ratchet me right into an apoplexy.

I'd much prefer something more oriented towards puzzle solving. Believe it or not, thinking is one of my strong points. At least compared to shooting things.

Comment

The only game console I've got is an NES. And unless they make it for Linux I'll have to wait until I get another spare computer Guess I'll just have to stick to UT for now...
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

shadowmaat, would a tombraider like game count?
            Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

She gets shot at, doesn't she? She shoots back? No thanks. Probably something more like a D&D-style game. "You're standing before an ancient artifact. It is emitting faint pulses of light, but you can see writing on its sides. Do you want to investigate? Y/N" Or maybe something more like the Carmen Sandiego series...

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                Also, control of the dialling computer would be cool too! That way you could anywhere and do anything, like an RPG or something. Hoping it's not online either cos that'd just be lame I think.
                I agree, It would be great to be able to choose where you want to go! It would be great to go and visit the Asguard on Othala
                And being able to walk around and interact with people/objects would be great.
                But I would like it to be in the style of a First person Shooter so you have control of one character(hopefully member of SG-1). I'm not really a big fan of RPG's

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  She gets shot at, doesn't she? She shoots back? No thanks. Probably something more like a D&D-style game. "You're standing before an ancient artifact. It is emitting faint pulses of light, but you can see writing on its sides. Do you want to investigate? Y/N" Or maybe something more like the Carmen Sandiego series...
                  like NWN? its dnd in 3d! =D
                  Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

It would be cool to have either a game where you like control the Stargate Project and have to build Off World colonies and stuff.

Or, an rpg where you can be one of the characters like Anubis or Sam or Jack and go on missions. That would also be good. Cant wait for the game(s).
                    ------
                    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

A video game is currently in development from some company in Australia. Whether or not it will be a top class game is another story. Not crossing my fingers too much. Perhaps if someone like EA Games produced the game there would be more hope!
                      __

__

Comment

The best game would be if you get to pick a character (Apophis, Anubis, Hammond, Thor, Travell, Garshaw etc.) and then you run their empire, but not in real time (Managing a dozen planets would be very difficult in real time ), in turns, you can do so much each turn and then it's the next turn. You'd be able to do stuff on each of your planets and in space, and combat could occur in real time to make that more accurate. Basically a cross between C&C and ST:Armada, but half turn based/half real time, and a hint of RPG (Relations with other empires, some plot etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          The best game would be if you get to pick a character (Apophis, Anubis, Hammond, Thor, Travell, Garshaw etc.) and then you run their empire, but not in real time
                          Someone somewhere suggested a Stargate-style version of Civilization. That might be kinda cool. Probably just as stressful as a FPS game, but something I think I'd be better able to handle. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Someone somewhere suggested a Stargate-style version of Civilization. That might be kinda cool. Probably just as stressful as a FPS game, but something I think I'd be better able to handle. Maybe.
                            If it were turn based you could sit there and think things out

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                              A COMPUTER whiz has pulled off an $11.5 million deal to develop computer games based on the television science fiction series Stargate SG-1.
                              Oh good, as long as a COMPUTER WHIZ is making it...

I dunno, it could be alright. Elite Force, the game based on Star Trek Voyager was actually pretty cool. There definitely needs to be some kind of squad-based element to the game... Part of the charm of SG1 is the dynamic of the team. It'd be pretty cool if you could play as Jack for the part where you have to take out an entire detachment of Jaffa, and then later you switch to Daniel for the part where you have to solve some puzzle. If it's just a straight up First Person Shooter it's just going to be another game.

Comment

Then of course there's the whole linking up online thing. Maybe if I allied myself with a couple of gung-ho iguanas... I mean people (sorry, wrong movie), my terrible lack of shooting skills wouldn't be so dangerous. I could duck for cover and translate the glyphs on the Mysterious Artifact while my teammates blew the hell out of whoever was attacking us. Of course, if any bad guys dared to interrupt me, I might be annoyed enough to figure out how to shoot him.

But yeah, gimme something simpler and puzzle-based and I'll be a happy camper.

Comment

Working...
                                X