Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is morally acceptable to kill an infant Goa'uld?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    and, if people murder every goa'uld before they reach maturity, then you guarantee that there'll never be another egeria again
    Yes, that's true. I said it would be better to wait until they are mature and then kill them (if they're evil Goa'uld and not Tok'ra))
    sigpic
    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
      Yes, that's true. I said it would be better to wait until they are mature and then kill them (if they're evil Goa'uld and not Tok'ra))
      the tok'ra queen is dead. there will be no more.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        the tok'ra queen is dead. there will be no more.
        I know she's death

Didn't you ever think that one more could be born?
        sigpic
        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I've always felt that the Tok'ra queen wasn't necessarily born 'good' but learnt how to overcome her genetic memory perhaps by being 'taught' and influenced by her host, I mean it was likely she had a host before Ra discovered she was going against him and imprisoned her, she had the freedom to spawn her Tok'ra children, so she may have been free enough to take a host. If this was the case and she wasn't a mutant but merely a Goa'uld who learned how to be good, then wouldn't it be more likely that this could happen again?

Comment

Originally posted by angela21 View Post
            I've always felt that the Tok'ra queen wasn't necessarily born 'good' but learnt how to overcome her genetic memory perhaps by being 'taught' and influenced by her host, I mean it was likely she had a host before Ra discovered she was going against him and imprisoned her, she had the freedom to spawn her Tok'ra children, so she may have been free enough to take a host. If this was the case and she wasn't a mutant but merely a Goa'uld who learned how to be good, then wouldn't it be more likely that this could happen again?
            If it was the way you say it, yes I think it could happen again.

But have in mind that if she was born evil and then learn to be good, then any Tok'ra that is born from her could become evil too
            sigpic

Comment

But have in mind that if she was born evil and then learn to be good, then any Tok'ra that is born from her could become evil too
              Evil is pretty relative.

Consider the Tok'ra's indifference in "Reckoning". Jacob/Selmak were advocating that O'Neill tell Ba'al to withdraw from combat with the Replicators expecting (and not caring much) that he'd fall back to Dakara and wipe out the Jaffa there--including Teal'c.

Comment

But the Tok'ra born to her would also have had her memories of overcoming the evil and becoming good. Sometimes when a criminal becomes a reformed character then they are far more aware of their potential for evil and so will guard against it more than someone who doesn't know what it is to have comitted an evil act.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  Evil is pretty relative.

Consider the Tok'ra's indifference in "Reckoning". Jacob/Selmak were advocating that O'Neill tell Ba'al to withdraw from combat with the Replicators expecting (and not caring much) that he'd fall back to Dakara and wipe out the Jaffa there--including Teal'c.
                  The Tok'ra seem to be able to accept losses and even expect them as part of life, be it their own people or the Jaffa, they have become used to losing people. I think this is because as a society they are all involved in a war with the Goa'uld, so they would have had to adopt this viewpoint to survive. I think it says more about the way their minds have been affected by having to live with the threat of being destroyed then by any inherent evil within them.

Comment

Originally posted by angela21 View Post
                    and if every single goa'uld is killed in infancy, then there'll never be another queen to learn to be different and thousands of years of knowledge will die with them
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

and if every single goa'uld is killed in infancy, then there'll never be another queen to learn to be different and thousands of years of knowledge will die with them
                      Exactly.

Comment

Couldn't say it better myself
                        sigpic

Comment

I know she's death

Didn't you ever think that one more could be born?
                          and we'll kill that one too just to be safe.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            and we'll kill that one too just to be safe.
                            No if you wait until they are mature
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              That's one school of thought, however I tend to cringe when someone speaks on such absolute terms unless this belief of yours is more religious than not, which I seriously doubt since most if not all religions demand some sort of absolute truth in morality. There are a host of philosophers who would argue otherwise. The question seems pretty straight foreword as a response to you, if there is no such thing as morality then there is no such thing as right and wrong. Even if Daniel were to kill Carter, that too would not be wrong.
                              Well he would probably loose his job and be emo when he realized he offed his friend. But no in the vast cosmic sense of things... who cared? And other than her a) family b) friends and c) employers who would even really notice? And in a few generations no one will ever even remember she existed.

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                                Oookay... let's not push it.
                                Same places it used to be ok to go lynching.... and not very long ago either.

And that was HUMANS who shared a recent common ancestor, look exactly like us except for some minor surface differences, and are not innately hostile to them

Comment

Working...
                                X