Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Timeline Fun - What would have happened if Jonas had never left SG1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Timeline Fun - What would have happened if Jonas had never left SG1?

Obviously this is all speculative, but it would be good if it could be more than just wild speculation, you know, justifiable claims.

What do you guys think would have happened if Jonas had remained on the team?

There's two options here:

1) Daniel returns to SG1 and it becomes a five man team.

2) Daniel never descends and Jonas sticks around.

How do you think the events of S7-Continuum (and possibly SGA/SGU) would have played out?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

If Daniel had never descended you could claim that Anubis would have recovered the Eye in 'Full Circle' and then dominated the remaining System Lords... all which would have spelled trouble for Earth.

Chances are though that Jonas would have been able to translate whatever it was that Daniel translated to find the repository in 'Lost City', leading to Anubis' invasion attempt BUT would we have ever have found out about Atlantis??? I don't think we would have, especially if Oma had prevented Daniel from helping us to the point he did before confronting Anubis...

Now to address the Vala wildcard. If Jonas had been on board in Prometheus Unbound I don't think he would have put up with the crap that Vala pulled throughout the episode, nor would he have been willing to recommend her for access to the SGC at the beginning of Season 9 (tbh I don't think Daniel should have either but anyway...). So does this mean that the Ori arc would never have happened? Well who knows really... it all boils down to whether or not Vala would be allowed entry to the SGC. But then again, there is the fact that she knew the cypher to the encrypted Ancint tablet and could have perhaps gained entry to the Ancient cavern in the UK by herself... but I doubt she would have taken the time to read that book, after all, her motivations were for the treasure.
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Obviously this is all speculative, but it would be good if it could be more than just wild speculation, you know, justifiable claims.

What do you guys think would have happened if Jonas had remained on the team?

There's two options here:

1) Daniel returns to SG1 and it becomes a five man team.

2) Daniel never descends and Jonas sticks around.

How do you think the events of S7-Continuum (and possibly SGA/SGU) would have played out?
      Largely similar, since Jonas was essentially written to be a replacement Daniel. Either way, I think we would have had a significant arc dealing with Jonas advanced nature which would have affected things differently.

I think Daniel would always have descended, but would SG-1 have needed two mainly non-combatant archaelogists on the team? Maybe they would share the single spot on SG-1 and rotate between on-base expert and field expert as needed.

If Jonas had stayed, Daniel would almost certainly have gone to Atlantis first time. Vala may not have had the same impact since Daniel wouldn't be present for her to torment.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I agree with the advanced nature that Niirti saw in Jonas. that could have played out significatly in another story arc. How do we know if Jonas didn't have the ancient gene in s way that would have been more important then Jack's. Or some other mutation that would have been a help against Adria.
        I thought Jonas and Daniel worked well together, and could have made a 5 team.
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

i would have kept watching sg1
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

If Daniel was never to return, Atlantis may of never been discovered and the Ori would of possibly have never entered the Milky Way, or at least for a long time. I believe the Goa'uld would of still been eventually defeated.

If he stayed along with Daniel, Daniel(or maybe Jonas) would of become a member of the Atlantis expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              Largely similar, since Jonas was essentially written to be a replacement Daniel. Either way, I think we would have had a significant arc dealing with Jonas advanced nature which would have affected things differently.

I think Daniel would always have descended, but would SG-1 have needed two mainly non-combatant archaelogists on the team? Maybe they would share the single spot on SG-1 and rotate between on-base expert and field expert as needed.

If Jonas had stayed, Daniel would almost certainly have gone to Atlantis first time. Vala may not have had the same impact since Daniel wouldn't be present for her to torment.
              vala may not even met Daniel if Daniel went to atlantis the first time.

Comment

atlantis was discovered because it's adress was in the Arctic Outpost. it would've been found regardless.

in Road Not Taken they just never sacrificed the ZPM for it to check it out, in fact they probably never got to research it properly

Comment

i think, had jonas stayed and daniel never returned - or returned a year or two later - yeah, they would have explored jonas' advanced nature....and - for better or worse - it could have ended up that Jonas' planet had been a refuge from the Ori, that the Kelownans had descendants of refugee Ori, which is what Jonas' genes came from.

so they might have played up the jonas/ vala angle...but i don't think she'd have been as vampy as she was originally played. Like some have said, Jonas wouldn't have put up with her like Daniel did.

or, if daniel returned for s8, but jonas was still there, jonas would be suspicious of vala, daniel would be more sympathetic and there'd be conflict - ending up with both of them being right and both being wrong

the Ori could have been a 'better' storyline - my opinion - had it been handled differently. Having Jonas there might have allowed that
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If Daniel hadn't descended he may have convinced Oma to take on Anubis earlier, or just do it himself. Then again, maybe he wouldn't have and Anubis would be waiting around for the Replicators to get bored and leave the MW so he can start recreating life in his own image. Or better yet, he might have possessed RepliCarter.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

If Daniel hadn't descended it probably would've dramatically changed the later seasons. For starters the Dakara device might not've been discovered. Braetac and maybe Rhyak would've died in the mining planet, unless Daniel somehow hinted that they check the place out. They might not've found the ancient weapons platform as quickly as they did. The latter probably would've lead to the fall of the Asguard since they wouldn't have had Jack's help with the anti-replicator device in time to save their relocated people. I think the replicators would've eventually overtaken Anubis's army reguardless of whether Daniel or Jonas were in SG-1. In the end, Anubis probably would've been stopped by either Oma or Daniel. As far as the Ori finding out about the MW galaxy, it probably woud've happened sooner or later. Lastly, Jonas's planet probably would've been destroyed by Kalwoans and their naquahdria bombs.

I agree with the advanced nature that Niirti saw in Jonas. that could have played out significatly in another story arc. How do we know if Jonas didn't have the ancient gene in s way that would have been more important then Jack's. Or some other mutation that would have been a help against Adria.
                      I thought Jonas and Daniel worked well together, and could have made a 5 team.
                      I'm suprised Jonas's advanced dna didnt play a part with the asguard's possible survival.

Comment

I'm suprised Jonas's advanced dna didnt play a part with the asguard's possible survival.
                        it was possibly meant to, but with Corin gone, the idea had to be abandoned. they obviously weren't going to bring the actor back so they couldn't use the plot
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If Jonas stayed at the SGC, Langara would have blown up because no one would have discovered the naquadria vein.

Comment

Working...
                          X