Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing bad will happen if you're in the way of the Kawoosh, right?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing bad will happen if you're in the way of the Kawoosh, right?

I'm writing SGA fan fic, and I was wondering what will happen if you're in the way of the "Kawoosh", you know, when the Stargate activates and there's a big Kawoosh. Will you just go through the gate like normal, or......?
    Thanks
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
    I'm writing SGA fan fic, and I was wondering what will happen if you're in the way of the "Kawoosh", you know, when the Stargate activates and there's a big Kawoosh. Will you just go through the gate like normal, or......?
    Thanks
    This has been covered on numerous occasions on the shows.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

R.I.P, in other words.
      Examples to support this include Kawolsky getting half his head removed in the pilot movie (or first episode, can't remember...) and the Tok'ra using it to remove their dead as seen in the episode Allegiances. The kawoosh occurs, and what's left of the stand is smoking.

Comment

Thanks
        You die horribly. Seriously.
        sigpic
        In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
        "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          This has been covered on numerous occasions on the shows.
          Does it say it on any SGA episodes? I haven't seen SG-1 yet.
          Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
            You die horribly. Seriously.
            well I wouldn't say horribly... because.. well... Im sure you don't feel it and you're gone right away.

Probably the fastest and easiest way to go.

Comment

In SGA, half of Michael's puddlejumper gets basically vaporised (The Prodigal)

Comment

I think this about sums up what happens...

Comment

Your vaporized at what I can only assume is the molecular level
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Your vaporized at what I can only assume is the molecular level
                    I'd have said atomic...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Does it say it on any SGA episodes? I haven't seen SG-1 yet.

Well then you know what you need to do
                      "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        I'd have said atomic...
                        That is certainly possible as well. The only reason I say molecular is because it been established that a gate carries matter across the wormhole by deconstructing and reconstructing the molecules of said matter not the atoms.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          That is certainly possible as well. The only reason I say molecular is because it been established that a gate carries matter across the wormhole by deconstructing and reconstructing the molecules of said matter not the atoms.
                          *shrugs*

I really know nothing about what I'm talking about. I just wanted to weigh in. I coulda said 'magnetic' level and have felt just as self satisified.

I'll go back to talking about International Relations eh?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Thanks
                            You get teleported out of the underground gaol and leave a nice steaming pair of shoes behind ... according to some .
                            Yep, people need to remember not everyone has seen all of Stargate .
                            ! Watch SG1 ! It's the best !

So, yep, the unstable vortex demolecularises you and you aren't sent to the other gate because, basically, it's not stable. Also, unlike usually,the gate doesn't save you to a crystal (happened to the T-man once ). The gate hasn't "established" a stable out-going wormhole...
                            At least,that's the technobabble I can muster

I wonder, though, if particles are taken anywhere.... Matter does not (under normal circumstances) cease to exist, although a Stargate/wormhole s far from a normal circumstance .

Comment

Thanks
                              Oh no nothing bad, nothing bad at all, unless you consider being immediately vaporized as bad.
                              The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
                              X