This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    But do you see the difference between the 'fun' SG1 Skiffy days and the Showtime SG1 days?
    To be honest, I'm not sure, but then I have deliberately not watched any SG-1 (except for fic research purposes) in months since I'm planning to rewatch the whole lot soon.

I think I can see what you're saying, and I'd tentatively agree to it, but I think a lot of it may just be the natural evolution of the show's setting (something had to change to stop stagnation - so ships and alien tech were introduced, which shifted the story focus. In my opinion). Of course, as I said, I haven't watched SG-1 for ages and I have a goldfish memory, so I'll have to get back to you on that.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      To be honest, I'm not sure, but then I have deliberately not watched any SG-1 (except for fic research purposes) in months since I'm planning to rewatch the whole lot soon.

I think I can see what you're saying, and I'd tentatively agree to it, but I think a lot of it may just be the natural evolution of the show's setting (something had to change to stop stagnation - so ships and alien tech were introduced, which shifted the story focus. In my opinion). Of course, as I said, I haven't watched SG-1 for ages and I have a goldfish memory, so I'll have to get back to you on that.
      Right.

Well I think it's more than the ships and tech. I would argue everything became simpler, and that includes the acting and personalities of the characters.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        Right.

Well I think it's more than the ships and tech. I would argue everything became simpler, and that includes the acting and personalities of the characters.
        That is quite possibly the case, I won't really be able to see the difference for myself until I begin my SG-1 rewatch, something I was ideally hoping to hold off until I have Ark of Truth, Continuum and maybe even CotG Final Cut to complete my collection.

I mean, you probably are right, but I can't really agree or disagree at the moment.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I miss my SGA and my SG1 (before S8). Don't bother with SGU. (But kudos to those who do!)

I am now in S3 of Red Dwarf. Absolutely cheesy and mindless and nothing like SG, but it fills the void.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
            You're not alone, I feel exactly the same way. As far as other shows go, have you seen NCIS? It's not scifi, but the team dynamics really remind me of SG-1. Also, it's funny without being a comedy- like SG-1. Also, I highly recommend Firefly, but it's not like SG-1 at all.
            I was going to suggest NCIS as well. Not scifi but has many similarities to SG-1, including the sharing of many guest actors. I just saw Weir 1.0 yesterday.
            I miss SG-1, but only up through season 8, after that there were just too many changes I didn't care for. I'm hopeful that the next movie, if it ever gets off the ground, will be much more like like those seasons so we can all get one day more of the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
              Have any of you gotten autographs? Or bought a bunch of collections?
              I have autographs from:

Don S Davis
              Michael Shanks
              Jaqueline Szamuda (Nirrti)
              David Palffy (Anubis)
              Doug Arthurs (Heru'ur)

I haven't ever been into collecting 'stuff', but maybe when I have a bit of money.... ya never know!

Comment

Working...
              X