This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Hammond

I thought that O' Neil took the seat of General? Then how come on "Home" on Atlantis, he is the General still?

I think there's been a couple threads on this, but anyways.

SGA season 1 spoilers

Short version: RDAs schedual is tight enough as is, I don't think anyone wanted him sacraficing time with SG-1 to shoot this.

Long version: General Hammond is a person they all see as one of great authority, and it would not be unreasonable to see him in the SGC, as opposed to say the president. Since Hammond is in charge of the Air Froce's space command, it would be entirely proper form him to be there for the retun of the Atlantis crew. The entities probably didn't think O'Neill would be a strong enough authority figure in everyone's mind, particuarly Weir's and MacKay's, but Hammond fit that bill. It's also entirely possible Jack was around, we just didn't see him. Or at least that's my theory.

Comment

I believe Hammond range of control includes all things related to the Stargate, which includes the SGC, X-302 and X-303 ships, the Atlantis Expedition, etc etc.

Hence, while Jack has a bit of control over the Atlantis Expedition (as seen in the pilot), Hammond will get the final say on everything since the expedition is outside of the SGC's SG teams.

Comment

Spoilers:

S
        S
        s
        s
        s
        s
        s
        ss
        s
        s
        s
        s

Hammond runs "Dept of Homeworld Security" which includes all things to do with off world issues and Antartica base. Jack runs the SGC, not the Atlantis expedition.

Also, part of the plot solution was about the mistakes the aliens made which gave it all away. Hammond is now a 3 star general.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Working...
        X