This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Meridian...

have 3 1/2 stars at the episode page, but in the reveiw he gave it 4 stars. it needs for stars!

also, does anyone know were i can find an episode transcript of Meridian?
    Last edited by sharky277; 10 December 2004, 05:58 PM.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

We'll have to have a talk with Darren about this, won't we? *evil grin*

Anyway, a transcript for "Meridian" can be found here.
    Rocky

Comment

Thanks, but i had already found it. again, thanks anyway.

Comment

Because one's the GateWorld score and the other ones the reviewer's score, I think.

Comment

Well it deserves 4 stars regarless, it was the most major storyline developement ever!

Comment

I thought it was decent, but you can't throw four stars to every episode. I'd only give it 3-3.5 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
              Because one's the GateWorld score and the other ones the reviewer's score, I think.
              I always thought GateWorld's rating was the reviewer's rating.
              Rocky

Comment

Isn't the gateworld rating, the rating from the poll?
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

i thought the GW rating was the one the reveiwer gave, or if there are 2 reveiws, an average of them.

Comment

The episode ratings are Darren's ratings. The star ratings that appear below the reviews are the reviewer's ratings.

I recall that Darren said on the old forum he didn't average the reviewer's ratings or anything. He simply rated the episode (for the official "GW" rating) how HE saw it.

http://www.gateworld.net/ratings.shtml

GATEWORLD EPISODE RATINGS

The GateWorld ratings system exists for each Stargate episode to assist in viewing and to provide a general review, because the material included in each episode examination is analytical, not reviewing in nature. The ratings are based on a four star system, with four being the highest possible rating:

* - Lower quality episode. Minimal character and/or story arc development.
                    * * - Average quality episode. Reasonable use of characters, dialog, etc.

* * * - High quality episode. Good plot development and character use.

* * * * - Outstanding episode. Excellent plot development, character use, dialog, etc. Usually presents significant advancement to series story arcs.

Ratings for each episode are based on the site owner's personal opinion of the episode, taking into account plot development, character use, dialog, contribution to major series story arcs, and other factors.

Ratings assigned by GateWorld's formal reviews writers are not factored into this rating. The results of episode polls -- where each episode is voted on by GateWorld users -- appears in the more comprehensive FAN RATINGS.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

That makes sense.

Comment

even if the episoed are Darren/s rating, i think he should still have given it aq 4, it was an "Outstanding episode." with, "Excellent plot development, character use, dialog, etc. Usually presents significant advancement to series story arcs." Daniel friggin DIEs and ACCENDS, its deserves 4 stars.

Comment

It's subjective, though.

Comment

I always thought that those were based on how many people tuned in to see that episode. Don't know why....my bad.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                            X