X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302/Jumper Idea (Spoilers)

I was thinking:

Could they modify the Hyper-drive from an F-302 and install it aboard a Puddle Jumper ?
    It would make the journey to the weapons array they found in 'The Defiant One' Hours shorter.
    Because in 'Redemption', I think McKay (or Carter) says:

A second in Hyper-space potentinally gets us millions of miles.

Also, it could come in handy in a Dog-Fight with a Wraith Dart.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Originally posted by Janus
    I was thinking:

Could they modify the Hyper-drive from an F-302 and install it aboard a Puddle Jumper ?
    It would make the journey to the weapons array they found in 'The Defiant One' Hours shorter.
    Because in 'Redemption', I think McKay (or Carter) says:

A second in Hyper-space potentinally gets us millions of miles.

Also, it could come in handy in a Dog-Fight with a Wraith Dart.

ok, first, we dont know whether pj's have hyperdrives or not. but it sure would be awesome if they did. also, pj's arent fighter craft and are comprable to tok'ra cargo vessels. they carry weapons just for protection. but, as i said, hyperdrives on a pj would be nice, but i think that's why the ancients bulit the 'spacegates' for smaller ships.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
      ok, first, we dont know whether pj's have hyperdrives or not. but it sure would be awesome if they did. also, pj's arent fighter craft and are comprable to tok'ra cargo vessels. they carry weapons just for protection. but, as i said, hyperdrives on a pj would be nice, but i think that's why the ancients bulit the 'spacegates' for smaller ships.
      Tok'ra cargo vessels...those are captured Goauld ships...LOL felt like being pc fpr the stargate universe...it's passed now....

I bet the pj does have hyperspace but we haven't found that button yet and haven't really need to use it yet

Comment

They never really got that F-302 hyperdrive to work, though, did they?
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          As far as we know they haven't but in the background they might be working on it and in S2 have it working, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            As far as we know they haven't but in the background they might be working on it and in S2 have it working, IMO.
            what hyperdrive did they use to sneak through Anubis' shields???

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
              what hyperdrive did they use to sneak through Anubis' shields???
              I forget it only works throught short bursts.

Thanks.
              Last edited by greytop; 09 December 2004, 12:01 PM. Reason: add a smiley

Comment

I forget it only works throught short bursts.

Thanks.
                Well I would think by now that they would have worked out the bugs...I also remeber when they through that one stargate through the hyperspace window they opened so they have made some advances thus far.

Comment

Well I would think by now that they would have worked out the bugs...I also remeber when they through that one stargate through the hyperspace window they opened so they have made some advances thus far.
                  Um...The 'bugs' relate to the fundamental properties of naquadria; how do you work that out? They only made the Prometheus' engines work with a Goa'uld's help and then they lost all the naquadria. The fact that they had to fit the Prommie with a succession of alien hyperdrives doesn't speak well of the project.

Comment

A newer cooler version of F302 may apear in season final now that would be cool. You might be right with help of the asgard and other sources I'm sure they have created new version of F302 maybe F302A.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Wasn't the problem with the power supply. They were trying to use naquadriah to power the the hyper-space window generator. Unfortunately the power requirements were such that the naquadriah power supply on the F-302 would always become unstable.

Conceivably a ZPM powered F-302 hyperdrive would work just fine,
                      Spoiler:
                      and if the spoilers for the seige are correct, it would go very fast as well.
                      Do the Puddle jumpers have hyperdrives? I don't think so. They were designed to use the stargate network to travel distances, besides, the atlantis team seems to how poured over the Puddle Jumpers a lot of attention, and they haven't discovered hyperdrives yet. Furthermore, I would think that the hyperdrive controls would be accessable to the pilot, and that Shepherd would notice.

The Ancients ceratinly could have built hyperdrives into the Puddlejumpers if they wanted to, but that wasn't the purpose of the Puddlejumper. However, that doesn't mean the atlantis team might not find a hyperdrive in the puddlejumpers useful. The ancients had other ships capable of interstellar travel, the atlantis team doesn't have any. The quickest way the atlantis team could attain such ships would be to equip the already space capable puddlejumpers with hyperdrives. The might even be able to take the power supply out of some Ancient artifact to power it, they definately don't need an entire ZPM to do the trick.

Another poster talked of spacegates. I don't believe it was the Ancients who put the gates in space, but rather the wraith did to provide themselves an advantage over the humans who did not have spacecraft.

Comment

Um...The 'bugs' relate to the fundamental properties of naquadria; how do you work that out? They only made the Prometheus' engines work with a Goa'uld's help and then they lost all the naquadria. The fact that they had to fit the Prommie with a succession of alien hyperdrives doesn't speak well of the project.
                        Very true...we are deffinetly tsaking the ass-backwards approach on everything...I think we might see some real advancement on our part during the rest of season 8 and 9

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                          Conceivably a ZPM powered F-302 hyperdrive would work just fine,
                          Yes; but why not put that ZPM in a 303 and take eight 302's for the ride. Strap a PJ to the roof rack for good measure.

Comment

I wonder what idiot is going to put a bumper sticker on the 303???

Comment

I wonder what idiot is going to put a bumper sticker on the 303???
                              We break for Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                              X