Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Fifth suffered the same progamming flaws as Reese?and ..(Spec & spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Fifth suffered the same progamming flaws as Reese?and ..(Spec & spoiler)

When we first met the humanoid replicator, First told SG1 about how they how Reese's body and learned their origin and use Reese's superior design as a base to reshaped themselve.
    They knew about Reese's programming flaws, and Fifth was build to correct the flaws,but somehow Fifth turned out too weak/or too human.

Carter and the other Sg1 use Fifth 's human emotion to help them turn on the other Replicators.But when Fifth was left behind ,he felt betray .

Reese was childlish ,unable to control her emotion and kept producing replicator ,even though she knew the consequence.

S8 -spoiler

When Fifth survive the blackhole and capture ,he told Sam ,thanks to her betrayal ,now he learnt the power of his hate and other dark emotion.His brother and sister only want to eat civilisationand replicator ,but he wants revenge and conquest, and he also love Sam.He even said he hasn't learn forgiveness yet ,that he need more time !! he was being sarcastic.

My point is that Fifth started out as innocent and good like a good boy ,but Sg1 betrayal hurted him and he understand vengence and other dark human desire.He can love .He can't have Sam ,he let her go and create RepliCarter for him.Sixth was suppose to be Fifth's girlfriend at the beginning but he make his own girlfriend.
    And he care about his replicator brothers.
    May be he is Evil , but he is just being "Human" , His Evil is human stayal evil, not cause by some programming flaws, his experience of betrayal make him understand and became the person he was.

Reese never learn from her mistake, she kepting making them and refuse to accept responsibilities for the destustion of her creator's civilisation.And blame the other like she blame Daniel for her hitting Daniel.She didn't understand. Fifth knew what he was doing and he like it.Fifth was created to be a prefect with all Reese and Replicator's potential without her flaws.

Spoiler and Speclation
    The spoiler i find only mention RepliCarter 's return, they describe her as Carter with all her knowledge without conscience.And her leadership role of the War against Goa'uld.
    They only mention Replicarter told SG1 that Fifth find a way againstthe Asgard weapon, then in the later episode Replicarter become the leader of Relplicaor and the War against Goa'uld

Speculation
    Could RepliCarter become too Evil, that she kill Fifth off because he was too nice not Evil enough.i mean may be Fifth was just angry at that time, given time he may forgive SG1.But RepliCarter turn on him.
    Does Fifth count as another victim of Sam's blackwidow curse if it happen the way i think it happen.

I think Reese's programming "error" was no error at all. I think it was something like Urgo. She was alive. But she had been created to be like a child, supposedly innocent. But you know how children are. When they are angry they can be incredibly cruel. The problem with her was mostly that she was a child with a lot of power and like a child she didn't realize that creating the replicators wouldn't make the humans be her friends. She sorta turned into a bully. I think that when First said they'd tried to fix the error in Reese in Fifth, I think he didn't realize that the programming was meant to make Fifth more human, being human was not his error or his weakness.

The replicators are not evil, they never were. It's just their nature is incompatible to ours. And when you mix the two natures, you can get trouble. Fifth for example. SG-1 had to betray him because even though he was practically human, his nature still required him to be a replicator. To consume and multiply and it's practically impossible to live with humans and not encounter betrayal and pain at one point or another. Fifth would have been a HUGE liability. Especially because he's selfish. He refuses to understand why he had to be sacrificed even though he knows Carter didn't want to. He refuses to see that what Carter had to do was put her own moral code on hold to protect a whole lot of people.

I don't think Replicarter will turn on him, unless her nature as a replicator is stronger than her human nature, taken from Carter. Replicators are completely loyal to their kind. Fifth is a replicator and Replicarter is a replicator, therefore, they are on the same side. Now, if Fifth started destroying replicators, she might turn against him in defense of the colony. As if he were a corrupted file or something.

As for the Black Widow Curse, nope. Carter consciouly obeyed an order she thought would destroy him for sure. If it was the Curse, he would have died against her wishes and in a freakish accident or something like that It's not a curse if she causes it directly.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Some good points there.

Reese was a great character, and one of the reasons I like Fifth so much is that he has aspects of Reese. Still, he's very much himself rather than Reese Mark II.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
        As for the Black Widow Curse, nope. Carter consciouly obeyed an order she thought would destroy him for sure. If it was the Curse, he would have died against her wishes and in a freakish accident or something like that It's not a curse if she causes it directly.
        She did have to kill one, remember Martouf.
        "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
        of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
        Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
        because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
        of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
        another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by donnie_darko
          She did have to kill one, remember Martouf.
          Poor Martouf. But in his case she killed him as a concequence to the "Accident". In his case, it was the curse because it's not really Sam who killed him, really. It was the Za'tarc conditioning. She just made it easier on him as well as preserve his brain for study.
          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
          X