This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coldmachine View Post
    It's not "Stargate" if they don't have a Stargate in the show. A show about the divide between the Ori and Ancients predates the Stargate itself. It isn't until they leave that that scientist we see just came up with the idea. I'd love to see it, but I don't think it would work as a spinoff show. As a movie, yes.
    I'm not a fan of the idea of a prequel, but that argument against it doesn't quite hold water. I get what you are trying to say, but it's a little superficial - it's like saying Caprica isn't a spinoff of BSG because it isn't set on a Battlestar.

Just because there isn't a ring of stone in the show doesn't mean that it can't be part of the same continuity. There are episodes of SG-1 where you don't see the gate once, they they are still Stargate though.
    I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      Is anyone else hoping that they follow a star trek idea of spin offs.

Star Trek had: TOS, TAS, TNG, VOY, DS9 and ENT (is that right)

Stargate has: SG1, SGA and SGU

What other series could there be? Please choose things that could ACTUALLY happen, a series about Lorne and his high school friends being trapped on another planet being chased by Unas and wraith who have chosen to work together to rule the galaxy.
      it was Star Trek: TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, than VOY, and ENT

i want to see the online spinoff Stargate Horizon turned into a live action series. that would be good. it takes place on an Ancient space station. and i think there's 2 stargates in SGH. on in the station and one outside (a supergate or spacegate). if that happens i want to see new class of Earth ships.
      Last edited by LordAnubis82; 05 October 2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Stargate: Burn Notice

A SG team leader is blacklisted and stranded on a world with no access to a GDO device.

With not being able to go back to Earth controlled planets or bases, he has to do what ever work comes his way and try to find out who put the burn notice...

hehe

Comment

Originally posted by CSESL View Post

A SG team leader is blacklisted and stranded on a world with no access to a GDO device.

With not being able to go back to Earth controlled planets or bases, he has to do what ever work comes his way and try to find out who put the burn notice...

hehe
          I like the idea of dialling earth and throwing stones though is such a pattern that they impact the iris spelling out S.O.S. in morse code.

Not sure how you'd be able to tell them what planet you are on though
          I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Stargate has: SG1, SGA and SGU

What other series could there be? Please choose things that could ACTUALLY happen, a series about Lorne and his high school friends being trapped on another planet being chased by Unas and wraith who have chosen to work together to rule the galaxy.
            Too many spin offs is what killed the Star Trek franchise. Instead of focusing on what they had they killed it, all of it by getting cheaper and cheaper with the shows. Enterprise Sucked that's why Trek got killed.

I'd hate to see the same thing happen to Stargate. But, of course it will as will all the other sci-fi franchise that have gone backwards. How many backwards shows can you possibly do? Eventually you run out of ideas.

In my opinion, they should have focused on the SG1/SGA movies instead.

But, what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
              Enterprise Sucked that's why Trek got killed.
              whether you liked it or not Enterprise got killed because CBS licensed the show to UPN and they ended it because it was at the peak of Reality TV and wanted to revamp their network. during Season 4 they were constantly being interrupted by elections, the worst rating they ever got was 2.5 million viewers for episode "Babel One" which was aired on a Friday night and is more than the Stargate Universe Premiere which had 2.3 million viewer and this is from wiki.

Enterprise may also have taken a ratings hit because viewers that used then-new digital video recorders were not yet included in official counts.
              http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek:_Enterprise

- Christine

Comment

Originally posted by CSESL View Post

hehe
                Been done. Too similar to the premise for Stargate: Infinity.
                How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                  whether you liked it or not Enterprise got killed because CBS licensed the show to UPN and they ended it because it was at the peak of Reality TV and wanted to revamp their network. during Season 4 they were constantly being interrupted by elections, the worst rating they ever got was 2.5 million viewers for episode "Babel One" which was aired on a Friday night and is more than the Stargate Universe Premiere which had 2.3 million viewer and this is from wiki.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek:_Enterprise

- Christine
                  And if you believe that then, fine. I think otherwise and yes, I watched it. I watched all the Trek spin offs and like I said if you keep going backwards with a show they usually run of ideas and pull the plug.

You can't deny ENT was the weakest of the bunch. Even VOY was better than that. The set was even cheesier than the original if such a thing as possible.

Again, I've been all through this and really hope Stargate does not go in that direction.

We dont need anymore spin offs, in my opinion, SGA could have lasted longer.

Sci-Fi should go forward NOT backwards. This rewinding is what kills it.

I would rather have had the DVD movies come out by now rather than another spinoff.
                  Last edited by DSG1; 05 October 2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post

We dont need anymore spin offs, in my opinion, SGA could have lasted longer.

Sci-Fi should go forward NOT backwards. This rewinding is what kills it.
                    I think Atlantis ran longer than it should have done - 5 seasons longer! Thats a bit harsh, I did like it, but it was Voyager to SG-1's DS9 - that little bit cheezier and lighter. If they didn't want to run two series (I know thats not why SG-1 was cancelled, but it was an issue), than Atlantis should have gone before SG-1.

I don't agree that sci-fi should always go forwards, I like prequels, I don't think the fact that Enterprise was a prequel is what killed it, the fact that it was awful killed it. But the nature of prequels doesn't suit the contemporary feel of stargate

Comment

dont forget we are getting 30 kino miniepisodes from SGU, maybe we will get more webisodes/small episodes if they are successful, if people really want to see more stargate in any form, you have to support SGU, thats what it comes down to.

If it appears that the stargate franchise is losing money and general interest, why would they make any more movies or series? DONT LET STARGATE DIE YET!

Comment

dont forget we are getting 30 kino miniepisodes from SGU, maybe we will get more webisodes/small episodes if they are successful, if people really want to see more stargate in any form, you have to support SGU, thats what it comes down to.

If it appears that the stargate franchise is losing money and general interest, why would they make any more movies or series? DONT LET STARGATE DIE YET!
                        Ah, but if Universe is **** (I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not saying it is - this is hypothetical), and we watch it in spite of that, they will continue making that and forsake the good stuff. If we vote with out thumbs, then they will say 'why isn't stargate as popular as it used to be', and go back to basics.

The idea of blind loyalty doesn't serve the franchise as well as you might think

Comment

no, no, no, no, stargate can't fall into the same hole that trek did. you can't continue a franchise without a break
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            no, no, no, no, stargate can't fall into the same hole that trek did. you can't continue a franchise without a break
                            You think it was the fact that it was continuously shown that caused it to go downhill? I don't disagree, I just don't see the cause and effect.

But the contemporary nature of stargate makes it a little odd to take breaks anyway. If five years passed, and the next series started as though the last one had just ended, it wouldn't be right, but to put a gap into the story would also be weird. I think that if there was ever a gap, it would result in a reboot. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not necessary until the show dies naturally I think

Comment

For SG-1 - Stargate Avalon. Moros descends to become Merlin and we see the Arthurian legends retold with stargates.

For SGA - Can't think of a good title here but the series is set during the time of the Lantean/Wraith war. In this spin off the Wraith are given real development as an alien race and we have genuine Wraith characters who aren't killed off after one or two episodes. We would also get to see what Atlantis was like when the Ancients were living in it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bareassedmunky View Post
                                Ah, but if Universe is **** (I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not saying it is - this is hypothetical), and we watch it in spite of that, they will continue making that and forsake the good stuff. If we vote with out thumbs, then they will say 'why isn't stargate as popular as it used to be', and go back to basics.

The idea of blind loyalty doesn't serve the franchise as well as you might think
                                not so much, apparent atlantis rating were dropping, if universe continues, they will assume there is no more money in the franchise and stop it, how many times have fan petitons and protests actually vbrought back a tv show

Comment

Working...
                                X