Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if u immediately no the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has to do with open mindedness.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire" -- If you know something without thinking about it, without opening your mind and seeing the truth

"then the meal was cooked a long time ago" -- Then the outcome is already determined.

Comment

How deep is the river if you cannot see the bottom.

Comment

that depends... are we talking about the Nile, the Mississippi, or the little one running through the field across from my house?

lol

in that specific instance, the answer is either: "i don't know" or "infinite"
        i forget which, bc it was as usual in direct response to daniel's question
        anyone know that question?

as for the candlelight...... it reminds me of The Matrix Reloaded.
        "...you've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it. "

you made the choice long ago to cook the meal
        now that you understand that you have fire, you can cook the meal that you planned to long ago

it's about realizing that you have had the answers to your questions all along
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I think it means never run with scicissors.

Comment

unless you immediately know you will not be injured

Comment

Originally posted by awsed24 View Post
              it wouldnt fit w/o shortening know. i dont like it either, srry.
              "It wouldn't fit without shortening 'no'. I don't like it either, sorry."
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I thought they mentioned it means what you want it to mean... wait that mighta been replicarter... damn REUSE OF ACTORS MESSING WITH MY MEMORY...

I can see it as something along the lines of If you know something, there theres already a path laid for you to do something about it.... or something.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

In the context of the episode in question this is how I interpreted it.

I think it was Carter or Daniel who were trying to work out how the Monk was controlling fire. Carter believed it was a technological trick.

They were told : -

"If you immediately know the candle light is fire, the mean was cooked a long time ago"

In this context I take it to mean that he was telling them to let go of their preconceptions about technology and trickery because the truth is far greater than that.

Comment

i think i might have asked this already, but i'm too lazy to reread the thread...

can someone please post all the dialogue from that scene?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                      i think i might have asked this already, but i'm too lazy to reread the thread...

can someone please post all the dialogue from that scene?
                      From season 3 Maternal Instinct
                      Monk: Why do you seek this child of flesh and bones?
                      Dr. Jackson: He is the son of my wife.
                      Monk: But not your son.
                      Dr. Jackson: No. But my wife is dead now and I promised her I would make sure the boy is safe.
                      Monk: And you are sure he will be safe with you?
                      Dr. Jackson: Yes. Absolutely.
                      Monk: Because it is so clear, it takes a longer time to realize it. If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

When the Wraith and the Asuran's came into existance the Ancients had already been around for a long time and by then they were basically a dying race, there were very few of them left (only those who were able to escape to Earth through the Stargate from Atlantis) and probably were not able to return and fight when they were so outnumbered.
                        And from where did you get that information? If I remember correctly the Ancients left the Milky Way several billions years ago, presumably because of the plague, so the had more than enough time to rebuild their civilization and grow in numbers

From season 3 Maternal Instinct
                        Monk: Why do you seek this child of flesh and bones?
                        Dr. Jackson: He is the son of my wife.
                        Monk: But not your son.
                        Dr. Jackson: No. But my wife is dead now and I promised her I would make sure the boy is safe.
                        Monk: And you are sure he will be safe with you?
                        Dr. Jackson: Yes. Absolutely.
                        Monk: Because it is so clear, it takes a longer time to realize it. If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.
                        Daniel could not see from the beginning that Shifu was safer with Oma than he could ever be with him. If he would have realized that to remain and keep on searching for the baby in that temple would have been in vain. There you go. End of story.
                        "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

The candles burned the house down becuase no one was there to eat the meal so they went out of control =S
                          That's always popped into my head when I hear it >.<
                          sigpic
                          Thank you BBdreamer

Comment

And from where did you get that information? If I remember correctly the Ancients left the Milky Way several billions years ago, presumably because of the plague, so the had more than enough time to rebuild their civilization and grow in numbers

uhm, no, not really
                            1. it was between 3 and 50 million years ago that they left MW for PG to escape the plague
                            2. they eventually became embattled with the Wraith to the point of being unable to grow their population anymore
                            3. after that, they fled the PG (cowards) and ascended......

Comment

uhm, no, not really
                              1. it was between 3 and 50 million years ago that they left MW for PG to escape the plague
                              2. they eventually became embattled with the Wraith to the point of being unable to grow their population anymore
                              3. after that, they fled the PG (cowards) and ascended......
                              The billion thing was a typo, my bad..I meant millions. Anyhow, they left the MW several million years ago as stated in Rising pt 1, and the war with the Wraith started 10 000 years ago and lasted for 100 years. So since the plague they had at least 2 989 900 years to rebuild their civilization so why would they have been a dying race when the Wraith attacked?
                              "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

*cough* plague *cough*

Comment

Working...
                                X