Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A comic not a TV show but there's an Ultimate Fantastic Four cover with the gate in the background.

Comment

A PC game not a show: in Darwinia, 'trunk ports' are connections that allow you to move between areas in the game. They are upright rings that look like stargates, when activated they 'flush' in a similar manner to stargates, and the in-game description actually says they act 'like stargates'. No chevrons or dialing though,
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Not in a movie or show but a book. Karen Marie Moning's "Spell of the Highlander" The heroine thought - hesterically - that the mirror she came across was a quantum mirror like in SG-1
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

As far as games go, I haven't played it much, but I believe World of Warcraft has portals that look a whole lot like Stargates as well.

Comment

Last year, right before Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out (what a stupidly long movie title, sheesh!), Sci-Fi or Discovery Channel or somebody did a documentary on the Crystal Skulls found around the world. They showed a clip from SG-1's Crystal Skull...and in the corner had it labelled as a clip from Stargate Atlantis. Great job Research Department.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
              Probably Jimmy Newtron. I used to watch that show when I was like 9 and I sewar I saw a Stargate on there...
              Yep, it's Jimmy Neutron...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki138...eature=related
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Heh I live in England and we have a talkshow called Never Mind the Buzzcocks,
                well I was watching last week and they had an image of Dick Chaney tripping and falling projected.
                The guests had to guess what the pictures context is
                and the first guess was 'Dick chaney falling through a stargate?''

That set me off alright, cause it did look like some SG1 scenes where they come crashing through the gate into SGC heheh

Comment

Originally posted by Rannekk View Post
                  Heh I live in England and we have a talkshow called Never Mind the Buzzcocks,
                  well I was watching last week and they had an image of Dick Chaney tripping and falling projected.

That set me off alright, cause it did look like some SG1 scenes where they come crashing through the gate into SGC heheh

Okay, I wish I had seen that. And whoever guessed that should really join this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                    On the March 2 '09 episode of Big Bang Theory, 'The Cushion
                    Saturation,' Sheldon references a Stargate SG-1 episode.

This video clip is embedded on my google blog

Sheldon and his friends are playing a game of paintball war. They're
                    in a shed, and Sheldon turns to his friends and says...

"What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on
                    Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based
                    loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta? (Blank stares from teammates.) Not
                    important..."

[Brief Candle?]
                    haha--I'm glad I'm the only one that didn't catch that. And I was thinking it was Brief Candle as well!! you know you've watched a lot of Stargate when you can pick up on the obscure references...
                    "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

Project Chimera?

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        On the March 2 '09 episode of Big Bang Theory, 'The Cushion
                        Saturation,' Sheldon references a Stargate SG-1 episode.

This video clip is embedded on my google blog

Sheldon and his friends are playing a game of paintball war. They're
                        in a shed, and Sheldon turns to his friends and says...

"What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on
                        Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based
                        loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta? (Blank stares from teammates.) Not
                        important..."

[Brief Candle?]
                        I just watched that episode yesterday! At first I thought I was projecting but when I re-watched it was true! I wasn't expecting something like that but Stargate deserved to be mentioned in that show along Star-Trek, BSG, and others.

I tried, and tried to identify the episode but I'm really bad at ancient cultures besides SG1 usually spent episodes in trouble, and running away for they lives.

Stargate is proving a lot harder to overcome than I thought.

Comment

Cricket commentators in Australia mentioned that the light meters used to see if it was too dark made the umpires look like a stargate team
                          Some say that he has only one ear.
                          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                          All we know is he's called
                          sigpic

Comment

it was mentioned in a simpsons episode when selma and patie kidnapped RDA
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by janus 510 View Post
                              it was mentioned in a simpsons episode when selma and patie kidnapped RDA
                              I just saw that one.

Comment

From Joan of Arcadia

It's not a glowing reference but still...

Lily - Mustard. And a jar of pickles. And this is a guy from my church group, ok? These people are supposed to be with god. So if this is what it's come to, watching Stargate with a tinfoil antenna, then, no, I don't know where god is anymore.

...I thought it was worth mentioning.
                                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 18 June 2009, 11:52 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X