Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theoretical War : How would Earth defeat the Lucian Alliance ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
    *kanye beams in*

imma let you finish.

But stargate atlantis was the best stargate series of all time....

*looks and points at the crowd*

*beams away*
    Whatever you're smoking i want some.

As far as OT... It'd be cool if the Lucian Alliance was infiltrated by the remaining Goa'uld. We've seen from Ba'al that not all Goa'uld are utterly insane, and can reasonably take up positions of power within the LA.

Think of them like Space Insurgants. You can't really tell who's part of the LA unless you catch them in the act, and just likea colony of roaches, no amount of concentional attacks (I.E. Slippers in raoches case, Asgard Plasma Beams in SG case) will be able to conpletely get rid of them.

The biggest victories we've had against them involved subterfuge and unconventional tactics (like Cam getting them to shoot at each other)

Would be interesting to see, but it would lack that sci-fi grandiose element as well as teh mythology that i like about Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

beaming off their gates - seeing as the anti-asgard jamming is EM, just put a high-range EM jammer on them and we cant beam them off.
      They do not possess the technology, and if they did we can just blow the gates up.

I don't believe the LA even have a dozen Ha'taks at this point. What little was left over after the Replicators was jumped on by the Jaffa, and perhaps even the Tok'ra have some ships now. Then the Ori took out many others.

While some didn't like how radically powerful our ships became overnight, what would be worse is if some crappy villain made it obsolete next week. The weakness we have is still limited ships across two galaxies. If we were on par, technologically, we wouldn't stand a chance against the LA, Wraith, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
        They do not possess the technology, and if they did we can just blow the gates up.

I don't believe the LA even have a dozen Ha'taks at this point. What little was left over after the Replicators was jumped on by the Jaffa, and perhaps even the Tok'ra have some ships now. Then the Ori took out many others.

While some didn't like how radically powerful our ships became overnight, what would be worse is if some crappy villain made it obsolete next week. The weakness we have is still limited ships across two galaxies. If we were on par, technologically, we wouldn't stand a chance against the LA, Wraith, etc.
        Right. And to build many ships necessary to recruit enough people to colonize planets with resources. You already calling?
        Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
        SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
          Forming a proper alliance, with the Jaffa, to directly combat them would be a good way go. The Jaffa certainly have the resources and I can't imagine they are all that pleased with with what the Lucian Alliance are up to either. Now that the Ori are gone and Ba'al is dead, they're in a much better position to focus on threats from the Goa'uld legacy. Between their fleet and Earth's growing number of technologically superior ships they should be able to do serious damage to the alliance. Plus, the Jaffa would probably shoulder the brunt of the backlash since their larger fleet would be leading the attack.

Spoiler:
          Btw, the system lords may be gone, but the Goa'uld are still very much around. Last we heard they were in hiding, with Ba'al just about being the only one daring enough to branch out. But between any ships and Jaffa Ba'al left behind and any other resources they have available to them, it's possible a lesser Goa'uld wrangled some power for himself or they got smart and united together.

It's also possible that they've decided to supplement their lack of numbers (due to so few Jaffa remaining loyal to them) by finding hosts for all newly mature Goa'uld. With how quickly a queen can reproduce and it only taking a few years for a Goa'uld larvae to mature, they would have larger numbers on their side right about now. But that's dependent on them being able to fight their nature and learn from mistakes that they had lived by for thousands of years.
          I'm not so sure the Jaffa would be so eager to help us out, considering we alerted the Ori to the existance of our galaxy and because of that the Jaffa took a beating. They might just be happy that the Luciane Alliance is screwing with us.
          Last edited by Lantien84; 19 September 2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantien84 View Post
            I'm not so sure the Jaffa would be so eager to help us out, considering we alerted the Ori to the existance of our galaxy and because of that the Jaffa took a beating. They might just be happy that the Luciane Alliance is screwing with us.
            NEVER. The Alliance would be using Goauld ships and tech in battles and the Jaffa would want them back, I would assume anyway, since they believe all of that stuff is rightfully theirs.

Human worlds took a beating as well, its not like we didn't suffer any. The Jaffa also seem more united in times of conflict anyway and since there was some political/social upheaval beginning in their times of freedom.

The Jaffa would pound the Alliance head on with direct assualts, while we would go a more stealthy role i.e the tactics SG1 used in season 10, we can't go up against a fleet of Mother ships and Hataks but the Jaffa could.
            I would for see a team up between us in the event the Lucian Aliiance actaully did become a threat.
            They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Well, keep in mind that with the Asgard core and all knowledge, Earth has upgraded their 304's accordingly (I hope they weren't stupid enough to leave it in a vulnerable place where it could be taken out easily or whatever.

Those Asgard beam weapons, if they can knock out an Ori motnership, they should destroy Ha'taks with considerable ease (one shot kill).

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty0918 View Post
                Well, keep in mind that with the Asgard core and all knowledge, Earth has upgraded their 304's accordingly (I hope they weren't stupid enough to leave it in a vulnerable place where it could be taken out easily or whatever.

Those Asgard beam weapons, if they can knock out an Ori motnership, they should destroy Ha'taks with considerable ease (one shot kill).
                I think the APB's of doom were exagerated against Ori ships.Remember that Odyssey had a ZPM as it's power source. We never saw Daedalus or Apollo or Sun-Tzu against the Ori.

Alas, it was never specifically stated...ambiguity means puppies get kicked over a fence...

Comment

the LA can screw us 10x over. merely dropping out 1 ha'tak and firing at any major city instantly (preferrably far apart so just 1 ship can not take all hits) and the gate can only be revealed and earth is thrown into chaos.

besides, lots of people here assume we know everything about the LA. we do not. hit their ship yards. how? we first have to know. these are criminals. if anyone knows about infiltration and countering that, it's the LA.

beam jamming is easy. as i said, it's EM jamming. just jam a large section of the spectrum (like, the entire radiowave spectrum) and that's it.

blow up their gate? yea, let's destroy more precious gates. besides, the casualties are massive then. if we reveal the gate, we're not gonna be hailed as heroes then. we'd get lynched.

realistically, the Illac renin already wanted to tel'tak or al'kesh nuke us. but we stopped them. so clearly, it is possible.

a little point of thinking here:

our ships are extremely strong. it is madness to fight them. so, what do you hit? right, the enemy weak point. or in this case, earth.

a mere tel'tak flying over should reveal enough.

or even better, crash it in the middle of a major city, so everyone can see that it is not a hologram, and put some of the most alien looking aliens in and you're completely sure of revelation.

the LA can defeat us with ease. the only prerequisite is a brain. and that is the one thing i want the LA to have.

Comment

After the events of Lost City, The giant naquadah building, the Jaffa attacking Earth in a Tel'Tak (forget the episode), as well as Enemy at the Gates. I'm completley convinced that no one in the Stargate Universe on Earth is actually looking up. They're all wearing plot device blinders that prevents any thing above 4 degrees above the horizon to be seen.

And no one but O'Neill owns a telescope

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                      After the events of Lost City, The giant naquadah building, the Jaffa attacking Earth in a Tel'Tak (forget the episode), as well as Enemy at the Gates. I'm completley convinced that no one in the Stargate Universe on Earth is actually looking up. They're all wearing plot device blinders that prevents any thing above 4 degrees above the horizon to be seen.

And no one but O'Neill owns a telescope
                      Here I am talking about the same. With such force that is to hide ..... Why? How?
                      Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                        I think the APB's of doom were exagerated against Ori ships.Remember that Odyssey had a ZPM as it's power source. We never saw Daedalus or Apollo or Sun-Tzu against the Ori.

Alas, it was never specifically stated...ambiguity means puppies get kicked over a fence...
                        To be safe.. Ark of Truth and Unending spoilers. I'm not sure where the cutoff is for those spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
                        True, and later the Odyssey is further enhanced as evidenced in Ark of Truth. In Unending the Oddy could take a handful of shots, in AoT it definitely appeared to get hit much more, directly.

Those Asgard upgrades tore up Auroras and Hives quite well. It makes me wonder if Asgard designed shields and weapons with Ancient power sources would be the optimal setup. The only addition would be drones to replace clunky missiles.

Comment

I hope it's the Lucian Alliance. In my opinion, they were the most under-used bad guy we faced. Bad as the Goa'uld, smart as us! Frankly, one possible storyline for them is to some how acquire Ori warships after the Priors were truth'd and partially upgrade the Ha'taks. Leave them weak, but make them something of a match against a 304 especially in numbers. Gives them a true threat, and a threat-if-you're-not-looking-or-in-big-numbers.
                          If they were smart and expanded, they heavily guard their key planets, and hide as best they can their other planets so we can never find all of them real easily.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

One way to develop the aliance well would be to remember they have acses to more than just gould tch

thy could maybe make a new ship type via a composite of the following tech

gould
                            hebrdan (we see a Hebrdan ship in the aliance fleet in S9)
                            human (they have bullet weapons)

A gould mother ship with those green energy weapons and shields the hebredan use as well as ground troops with proper weapons have them strip all the gold out of their ships and trade it for naquada (maybee an ep where we find they are doing this) this would make their ships a little distinctive compared to jaffa ones

The hebredan coporate empire is a reasonable power they where strong enugh that the gould didnt bother with them so overall they where probly as much a threat as the tollan (not as advanced though tollan only needed one planet to be that much a threat)

the achen have a medium sized empire thats worth exploring

Earth its self is safe though between the 304s the antartic weapons platform atlantis (sensors and drones).

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

no need for others. goauld technology is immensely powerful. it's time ego and craze do not pollute this. if the LA uses goauld tech to it's full potential, then they are truly fearsome. on the ground, they would rule surpreme, and up in space, they could tactically defeat us too.

Comment

Earth would recall the Daedalus, Apollo, and the Chinese ship back, find Atlantis some more ZPMs, use the Odessey and the General Hammond to find and destroy Lucian Alliance ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X