This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Mini-movies

Just had a thought while watching some old episodes, wondered what you guys would think about it.

I was thinking, that in instead of a season 9 of SG-1, or maybe just before it, or even as like a mini series, they could make a TV movie or a couple of long episodes that brings together the Atlantis team/crew, to set up some sort of continuity between the two, and also write out SG-1 as a main show with Atlantis continuing from the film/mini series with it's second season.

At the same time, they could make another small series or a mini movie that would encorporate the Promethius as crew into their own little story which could be connected to the Atlantis/SG-1 mini series/film.

That would cover my desire to see a bit more of the Promethius in it's right, and also let the SG-1 actors leave gracefully if they so desired (RDA might not even sign on for a season 9 I hear?).

Now don't get me wrong, I love SG-1, prefer it to Atlantis infact, but it seems to me that since the introduction of the 'super-soldiers' (which frankly I thought were terribly designed and just stupid) SG-1 has gone downhill. Yeh, season 8 is good in many places, and I particularly enjoyed season 7s Hero's, but i think it should come to an end now.

Anyway, just like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Daz
    ...he wasn't completely crazy anymore, just productively wierd

GAT4 - Gaters Against T4 + Vernon Kay

Thanks for the random Reputation Points, I didn't even realise I had any.

I despise anything Moebius, and anything Time Travel!

I don´t care very much for Atlantis (sorry fans) but I would like the idea of a crossover TV-movie or a mini-series between both shows (maybe I would be after it more interested into Atlantis...) I think that would be a better idea as the planned all-new spin-off.
    But I don´t beliefe that a Prometheus storyline could work. Look at Babylon 5 Crusade: It was a good show but it had still no success. And Enterprise and Andromeda are not doing much better in the ratings now. I beliefe that (for the moment - some years ago it may change again) the viewers are, after all that Star Trek shows, overfeed with spaceship shows (and sadly all Prometheus episodes had a strong Star Trek touch).The reason for the success of Stargate could be that Spaceships don´t play a important role.
    I don´t mean that the Prometheus and her crew could not appear in it but that a movie should not concentrate to much on it.

But I still want the SG-1 movie about which the producers had so often talked. I don´t see why they can´t do it. Even RDA has said that he could be interested in such a project. And if expensive big screen movie is a too big risk, why not do it as a TV-movie?
    Last edited by Hathor999; 05 December 2004, 11:15 AM.

Comment

There will be crossover in season nine/season two, so maybe that will help spark some intrest in Atlantis. And a few months ago, we heard mention of an SG-1 direct to DVD movie that would take place in the second season. So, we don't even know what will be going on in a year...
      Rocky

Comment

Good points, and yeh the Promethius episodes have all been very trek. Can't moan meself though, not really a fan of star trek....as in at all I despise it.

In my opinion, its just too...i dunno. Look at Battlestar Gallactica (the new series). That is dead realistic, gritty, not all nicey nicey, we're superior and have perfectly pressed uniforms.

I reckon say, an double episode in season 9 maybe, with literally just the focus on the crew, hardly any SG-1 at all would work. I would love it if they got as far away from trek (shudders as he says the word) as physically possible.

Comment

I like the idea of a crossover movie, not sure about Promethius, but not totally against it either. Sheesh, talk about wishy-washy.
          Definitely, possibilities there.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeh, I've kinda changed my mind on that, I would like a cross-over movie though.

Comment

I think SG-1 while still awsome is going downhill. Mostly because the stories aren't as strong. I hope S9 gets better than since S7. They should start some new powerfull arcs and use them to introduce new main characters if the current cast wants to leave. I think they managed very well with Jonas and eventually they could replace SG-1 entirely by a new group of people. I'd personally like to see more of the "cadets" from Proving ground (obviously not Elliot though ). I think maybe a good two parter or a movie could achieve this if it was well rooted in the series arc. Then we would have like SG-1 : The next generation or something
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
              X