This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode suggestion - Rainbow Serpent of Australian mythology

Is there a place where people can suggest episode ideas to the writers?

The whole premise of the Stargate genre is that of the Goauld taking over hosts.

I live in Australia, our traditional land owners, native to this country are a group of people commonly referred to as Aboriginies. While technically the word Aboriginal reffers to anyone being a antive of a specific land mass, we have grouped these people under this term.

Anyway, the Aboriginies of Australia believe that all life here started in what they reffer to as "The Dream Time". The Dream Timne mythology has all the lands being created by the Rainbow Serpant. That is, a giant snake came to Earth and created the land and made it habbitable for the Aborigines to live here.

Rainbow Serpant. Giant snake. Creating life and allowing people to live. Possible Stargate theme? Although not 100% sure, I believe the Aboriginies regard the Rainbow Serpant as being a good, helpful, compasionate serpant. Do we know of any Goauld that are good, compassionate and helpful? Perhaps a story of the To'kra could be used in there somewhere? We had a look at the To'kra Queen once, perhaps she visited Earth a long long long time ago (the Aboriginies believe the Rainbow Serpant did her thing around 10,000 or so years ago).

Now the potential problem with this "idea". The Aboriginie people are a proud and culturally sensative people, therefore care would need to be taken as to not offend them but it may work. Your thoughts?

Writers are legally forbidden from accepting story ideas from fans. The studio doesnt want to get sued for royalties.

Comment

Well that sucks. i don't want royalties I just think it's a potentially good way to incorporate the often forgotten Australian sector of the fan base

Comment

i like the idea of the snake it fits in with the goa'uld and the rainbow god could fit in with egirea the tok'ra queen who may have come to earth its a damn shame that the writers can't take ideas from fans but thats life i guess theres nothing from stopping them from taking a tiny peice of it or even mentioning it at some point or another in the series.

good idea!!!
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Well it's possibility but considering they want to tie up old storylines in season 9 I think it's highly unlikely for the writers to introduce a new gould or tok'ra but you never know.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            Well it's possibility but considering they want to tie up old storylines in season 9 I think it's highly unlikely for the writers to introduce a new gould or tok'ra but you never know.
            The idea would be a very cool one but taking in what you just said about the writers not introducing a new goauld, keep in mind that The Queen who spawned the Tok'ra has already died so maybe it would just be it could be mentioned as a side note if they ever did mention it. I really like the idea though...GJ!!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Maybe Apophis paid a visit to Australia some time in the past.

Comment

Maybe. Although knowing the Aussie male as I do, I think one of the numerous Ga'ould female's coming here would cause a mass following.

Comment

Working...
                  X