Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening/Exterior shot reuses in SG1 and other things....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
    Field promotions are not permanent, the recipient, reverts back to previous rank after the engagement which promted the promotion is concluded. An officer of Major rank may hold temporary Lt. Col status, until staff course is completed and then still have to wait the required time for full promotion.
    Poor John stuck in officer school while going back to Earth!

I know! Maybe he is getting on site training and has to do home work and send it in the data burst every week?

*sigh* I can see where this would bug a lot of Military people.

Just one more thing to add to the list of stupid crap they never looked up!
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
      for the establishing shot out side..it's always day and it's almost the same dudes walking back and forth.

I would have put in for a transfer a long time ago....
      I kinda like the one were there's a pickup truck carrying a large blue box into the SGC I mean WTF 10 years of delivering the same package you would have thought that the guy would eventually remember to bring the paperwork and not go back to the depot for it.

Maybe it's Jack coming in and he only uses the box on the back when he's ;eaving to smuggle alien tech out to sell on the black market. Either that or he bought Carter a large tree as a present.
      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

regarding the stargate and the spinning of earths inner ring, many times we have seen SG-1 dial home in a hurry and the dialing and wormhole establishment happens in seconds, so its as if no other gate has to use the inner ring therefore the chevrons dont have to match offworld for some reason

what i thought was pretty shabby was in the episode 1969, were told in normal shows that the stargate uses a lot of power to establish a wormhole, yet in 1969 they powered the gate using a few car batteries from that time era, wtf?

but hey shows like this always have stuff like this to talk about, makes the show better and more remembered i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by jimbeamjunior View Post
          regarding the stargate and the spinning of earths inner ring, many times we have seen SG-1 dial home in a hurry and the dialing and wormhole establishment happens in seconds, so its as if no other gate has to use the inner ring therefore the chevrons dont have to match offworld for some reason

what i thought was pretty shabby was in the episode 1969, were told in normal shows that the stargate uses a lot of power to establish a wormhole, yet in 1969 they powered the gate using a few car batteries from that time era, wtf?

but hey shows like this always have stuff like this to talk about, makes the show better and more remembered i suppose
          Huh, I never noticed that. That thing in 1969 is a bit of a plothole, I guess...now that I think about it, it is kind of weird. Well, maybe they just hooked it up and hoped it would work.

Comment

The Earth stargate is controlled by a computer where it uses different sound frequencies to make the inner ring spin if i remember correctly from an episode where carter explains it a long time ago. It would be very much like a rotary phone. And as for the chevron to lock, it can be safe to assume that it was a design implemented in the stargate where you must spin the ring to get the correct symbol and then stop spinning where the chevrons will automatically lock. But then this will be disputed by the fact that you must press the big red circle on a DHD, so I would have to agree to whoever said that the DHD was made sometime after the stargate where it wouldn't require the use to spin the rings.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Didn't you just make this thread?
              Originally posted by Icemancmd View Post
              Dammit your right I did..(I was very drunk yesterday night)

Mods can delete this
              No worries !
              Closed your other thread and posted a re-rdirect link to *this* one and tweaked this thread's title to accommodate the other posts made here.

Sorted .
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
              X