Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate morals used in real life scenarios?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate morals used in real life scenarios?

has anyone taken a mesage from the stargate universe and applied it in some way to a situation they have been in?
    sigpic
    THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

You know, every writer is influenced by something, and their morals are applied to their film/script/book etc, so there should be looooooooooots !

Comment

Totally. especially in the way i look at history. And people having free will is much more important to me now. Doing the right thing also, no matter what anyone thinks. =) Stargate has definitely given me positive influences
      O'Neill- "Whose your daddy!!"
      Sheppard- "Its the right thing to do Why? because it is!"
      Sam-"You blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water...Next up parting the red sea"
      Mckay-"Oh yes when its impossible you look to me"

Comment

well i now never open my iris without an IDC....man how did i never think of that earlier

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          well i now never open my iris without an IDC....man how did i never think of that earlier
          lol, yes. Stargate has taught us all to be security conscious.

And now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Comment

Oh YES! Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm!!
            1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

I learnt that 'come in peace' means one can 'shoot to kill' and that leaving men behind only really matters with people who aren't extras. I'll apply that in my life

EDIT: Nah, in all seriousness, I will think about 'the other side' before jumping to conclusions
              "Wøøf!"

Comment

Honestly things like the Jaffa resistance, and then getting their democracy started in season ten, to be honest and honorable and never surrender and back down, to fight the good fight even though there should not be a snow balls chance in hell you should win, and to perservere in that, that nothing is certain. These are the lessons that I have taken away from this show, and others, and from events in real life, that just bare out the timelessness of that message.
                And to be weary of the barbarians at that gate...yes, that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  Honestly things like the Jaffa resistance, and then getting their democracy started in season ten, to be honest and honorable and never surrender and back down, to fight the good fight even though there should not be a snow balls chance in hell you should win, and to perservere in that, that nothing is certain. These are the lessons that I have taken away from this show, and others, and from events in real life, that just bare out the timelessness of that message.
                  And to be weary of the barbarians at that gate...yes, that one.
                  All so true. Often service men and women will ask, why am I here? Why am I fighting these people on their soil?
                  I would always tell my troops, we are here so they don't bring their fight to our soil, the SGC did that time and again, especially with the Goa'uld. If they are outright agressors and show hostility to you, you must stop them, any way you can. Your family and friends might not understand your motives for serving, but in the end, when the big picture can be seen, they will thank you...sometimes even thirty years after the event.
                  My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                  sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Several things I have learned and applied are:
                    1.There is always hope.

2.Even when you can't see the end and it looks like you should give up; you keep fighting because it is the right thing to do.

3. The right thing do is the right thing to do because, it just is.

4.The right thing to do is not always (often never) the popular thing to do.
                    "I don´t stop fighting until i´m dead........ and not even then."
                    "You blow up one sun and everyone expects you to walk on water.... Next up, parting the Red Sea!"

Comment

I learned that irony is overrated.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        That could almost be a pickup line....*shuffles over to bar, rests arm on hip*...'so i think my IDC could open up your iris..whaddya say?'
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          That could almost be a pickup line....*shuffles over to bar, rests arm on hip*...'so i think my IDC could open up your iris..whaddya say?'
                          *smack* (wake up in hospital) "dammit!"

Comment

Working...
                          X