This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld...In Another Galaxy

I was thinking about the Replicators when something accured to me.

If the replicators were not only in the milky-way galaxy, is it possible that there are other goa'uld in another galaxy???
    ...Destroyer of all...

Originally posted by JadeStarkiller View Post

If the replicators were not only in the milky-way galaxy, is it possible that there are other goa'uld in another galaxy???
    Its possible, but IMO if the goa'uld were in another galaxy it would not be on their own decision. They would maybe have gotten there by being in hyperspace and caught the end of a supernova or other big explosion like we've seen before, but willingly leave hundreds of people who serve you, and fight for you...no...so it's possible but not likely
    WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
    Germany Chiefed Poland.
    England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
    England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
    France got Chiefed.
    Japan decided to scout America.
    America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
    America cut Japan to 90 pop.
    Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
    USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
    Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
    Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
    USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
    Hitler deleted his account...
    USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

I don't think so. Like ^ said, if there was a chance they ever were in another galaxy, it wouldn't be willinly. And because their hyperdrives just aren't that advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
        I don't think so. Like ^ said, if there was a chance they ever were in another galaxy, it wouldn't be willinly. And because their hyperdrives just aren't that advanced.
        I humbly disagree sir, Anubis and Ra found ancient technology. And due to the ancient doodads (and bloody 9th chevron stargates) that humanity keeps stumbling over, it is rather impossible for other goa'ulds to not stumble across other worlds with advanced tech which could help them increase their technological capabilities.

Though it may take several life times for a goa'uld to reach distant worlds, so what, he/she is a goa'uld. Bring along a few slaves and jaffa and regneration tech, and you have an exploratory colony.

Comment

Anubis went to another galaxy when he was kicked out of the system lord club i think but im not sure if he had ascended before he was kicked out or after so it is possible he had ancient hyperdrives?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
            Anubis went to another galaxy when he was kicked out of the system lord club i think but im not sure if he had ascended before he was kicked out or after so it is possible he had ancient hyperdrives?
            even if he hadn't left the galaxy before he ascended, i could almost promise you he left it after he came back. He would have known about Pegasus and Celestis and who knows how many other galaxies the ancients visited.

I think it's rather innocent thinking to believe that the ancients only stayed in two galaxies ( milky way and Pegasus). They had regeneration technology, so they could have kept themselves alive for years and years while exploring the spaces between the galaxies. And their god like communication and navigation deviceswould enable them to always go home when they were ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
              I humbly disagree sir, Anubis and Ra found ancient technology. And due to the ancient doodads (and bloody 9th chevron stargates) that humanity keeps stumbling over, it is rather impossible for other goa'ulds to not stumble across other worlds with advanced tech which could help them increase their technological capabilities.

Though it may take several life times for a goa'uld to reach distant worlds, so what, he/she is a goa'uld. Bring along a few slaves and jaffa and regneration tech, and you have an exploratory colony.
              I didn't say it's not possible, I just said it's highly unlikely. And you can have your opinion, doesn't matter to me. But one thing...

I am not a sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                I didn't say it's not possible, I just said it's highly unlikely. And you can have your opinion, doesn't matter to me. But one thing...

I am not a sir!
                apologies madam, and you're right; *places foot in mouth*

Comment

apologies madam, and you're right; *places foot in mouth*
                  Thank you!

Comment

Yeah, it was Anubis I was thinking of when this accured to me.

Also, remember how advanced Ba'al was with the stargate system. So, it could be possible there is another goa'uld like Ba'al who is as smart or smarter to understand the stargate and its technology.
                    ...Destroyer of all...

Comment

I agree, the Goa'uld can live indeffinitly(sp?), the Jaffa and human slaves can survive using a generation ship of sorts. Th Stargates are also a possibility. If they found one that, for some reason, had a larger power source, it could be used to travel to another galaxy.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a Goa'uld who didn't get along with the system lords decided to pick up and leave.

Maybe we'll run into one in SGU? One that left our galaxy a long time ago?

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                      Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
                        I agree, the Goa'uld can live indeffinitly(sp?), the Jaffa and human slaves can survive using a generation ship of sorts.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a Goa'uld who didn't get along with the system lords decided to pick up and leave.

Yeah, throughout SG1, we have seen rebel-goa'uld, such as Anubis, Osiris and Sokar!

Stargate has great potential. In Atlantis, we saw an advanced race of replicators. It's possible there could be an advanced race of the goa'uld or maybe even a similar species, likes a distant cousin or something.

They explored something similar in Atlantis, with the iratus bug! They discovered this was possible there the Wraith evolved from.
                        ...Destroyer of all...

Comment

Yeah, it was Anubis I was thinking of when this accured to me.

Also, remember how advanced Ba'al was with the stargate system. So, it could be possible there is another goa'uld like Ba'al who is as smart or smarter to understand the stargate and its technology.
                          o my goodness, ba'al not only survived, he's all over the place, maybe he's even in the asgard galaxy, ida, i claim this--- hopefully *fingers crossed*

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
                          I agree, the Goa'uld can live indeffinitly(sp?), the Jaffa and human slaves can survive using a generation ship of sorts. Th Stargates are also a possibility. If they found one that, for some reason, had a larger power source, it could be used to travel to another galaxy.

i do hope tptb addresses this possibility. That would be awesome.

Comment

1. The Goa'uld only have interstellar hyperdrives, not intergalactic.

2. Since when can the Goa'uld live indefinitely? Yu suffered from old age, and Selmak died of it. And Tok'ra and Goa'uld physiology are the same.

3. The Goa'uld don't seem like the exploratory type to me. To me, they seem like they'll sit on their ships and squabble amongst the other System Lords.

So, will it happen? Well, TPTB do like their crossovers, so maybe, but as a civilization flourishing in a galaxy far far away? No.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              So, will it happen? Well, TPTB do like their crossovers, so maybe, but as a civilization flourishing in a galaxy far far away? No.
                              Hmm...maybe it was a good goa'uld who didn't like killing and sorts...maybe halfway between a tok'ra and system lord?
                              WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
                              Germany Chiefed Poland.
                              England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
                              England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
                              France got Chiefed.
                              Japan decided to scout America.
                              America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
                              America cut Japan to 90 pop.
                              Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
                              USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
                              Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
                              Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
                              USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
                              Hitler deleted his account...
                              USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Working...
                              X