This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Idea For TPTB

Do you galactica fans remember when they posted the "You will know the truth" Clues and stuff just before S4.5?

Why don't the TPTB do something like this for Stargate? But instead of clues and what not, why not put up things to resolve issues in continuity that they wouldn't be able to resolve in the shows now that they are finished, eg they could put up a full time line of the ancients... and various other files (in the format of SGC mission reports)

Post them on the official website of course and it would cost them next to nothing, make them good money in getting more hits on their site and would be great for us fans!!

What you think?
    I figure that TPTB check these forums from time to time so they may take from my lead on this and do it.....
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I like the webisode idea. could be five min long, and center around a lesser known character, a lorne like character, and then it could solve something on the show. YES!!!! I'd watch and I think gateworld could post e on GW play and MGM would get lots of hits and stuff, especially if they make you watch an advertisement first like Hulu does or something...

Great idea, wish they did this before!
    Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
    sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Webisodes cost a lot more than you think...

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
        I like the webisode idea. could be five min long, and center around a lesser known character, a lorne like character, and then it could solve something on the show. YES!!!! I'd watch and I think gateworld could post e on GW play and MGM would get lots of hits and stuff, especially if they make you watch an advertisement first like Hulu does or something...

Great idea, wish they did this before!
        Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Well I wasn't suggesting webisodes, but more like PDF files, designed like SGC mission reports,

But Id love to see webisodes alright

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Exactly. Those BSG ones probably cost somewhere in and around the million dollar mark.

Comment

If they did at least SGC mission report-likes, fans would be most likely up to writting some sort of webisodes, that I'm certain of
            It would be interesting to see.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
            (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
            Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

I would like to see a Ancient time line.. Like when they started teh alliance and when they sent out the Destiny... so we know how long time it was between diffrent ancient things...

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Swede View Post
                I would like to see a Ancient time line.. Like when they started teh alliance and when they sent out the Destiny... so we know how long time it was between diffrent ancient things...
                A few timelines have been done. You're welcome to browse mine at the link below. However, nothing on the Destiny is included. . . at least not yet.
                My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I'd honestly feel slighted by this. The BSG webisodes were designed as either an extra arc with implications in the main show, or explanation of what happened in the time between seasons. (Razor's Webisodes had Adama finding the Hybrid, New Caprica's Webisodes had Tigh's torture as well as the Rebellion, Gaeta's webisodes had explanation for why he tried to kill Baltar)

for TPTB to simply write a mission report or post confirmation on certain aspects feels to me like a copout.

Comment

that's a neat idea, there are definatly characters of whom I'd like to know more, just of the top of my head: siler, walter, bill lee

it would be great to know more about them and their carreers, I absolutely love the episodes in which walter gets a bit more play
                    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                      for TPTB to simply write a mission report or post confirmation on certain aspects feels to me like a copout.
                      Well tptb surely have all of this already written down somewhere or have it in their heads with most of the details worked out already

And I don't see it being any different from writers or anyone answering questions on continuity at a convention or something

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                        Well tptb surely have all of this already written down somewhere or have it in their heads with most of the details worked out already

And I don't see it being any different from writers or anyone answering questions on continuity at a convention or something
                        Judging from your banner, i'd assume yuo're a Daniel/Vala fan.

Would you prefer getting a mission report that says something along the lines of "Yep, Daniel finally married Vala" or would you rather see the build up to in in the third Sg-1 movie?

That's what i'm afraid of. Simple confirmation on paper is not the same as on-screen. It would honestly feel like reading fanfic to me.

Here's a question, how many people are actually official Stargate Writers? if they wanted to do something like this, why not a continuation in comics or novels? That way you get a compromise of both worlds, you get confirmation and continuity issues that you wanted resolved, and also get more story than a simple mission report.

I know Fandemonium has novels, and i know there are Stargate Comics out there already, but to continue the story without the issue of having to hire the actors, build the scenes, spend the umpty billion dollars on SFX... Admittedly not as many new fans would come to it, but perhaps one last series in order to tie up all the loose ends without resorting to rush jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                          Would you prefer getting a mission report that says something along the lines of "Yep, Daniel finally married Vala" or would you rather see the build up to in in the third Sg-1 movie?

That's what i'm afraid of. Simple confirmation on paper is not the same as on-screen. It would honestly feel like reading fanfic to me.
                          Read the OP "Why don't the TPTB do something like this for Stargate? But instead of clues and what not, why not put up things to resolve issues in continuity that they wouldn't be able to resolve in the shows"

I mean things like a time line of the ancients, a report on the size of atlantis how many people are there and how many the city can hold, a report on the specs of a 304, a report on the different offworld bases that the Earth has, how many SG teams and their functions, a report on what we know of wraith culture, would be a few examples off the top of my head, and other explanations for the tid bits that are debated on this forum and others like it over and over again.

Basically the small bits and pieces that aren't explaned in the show purely cos the opportunity doesn't come up in most episodes.

Facts that will resolve continuity issues in the show as stated in the original post.

Comment

Working...
                          X