This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mummies and mummification

Just curious how you all think this fits into stargate lore...

I have my own ideas but I'd like to hear someone else's
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Mummies are in a sarcophagus most of the time so they might be broken resulting in mummification
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

Well, after Ra and his minions left Earth, perhaps the ancient Eygptians tried to continue the practice of restoring life using the sarcophagi, but got some very important details wrong. (eg. removing the subjects' brains etc.)

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
        Well, after Ra and his minions left Earth, perhaps the ancient Eygptians tried to continue the practice of restoring life using the sarcophagi, but got some very important details wrong. (eg. removing the subjects' brains etc.)
        Maybe that was just to make sure there was no snake in the head...because Ra did leave after a rebellion
        WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
        Germany Chiefed Poland.
        England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
        England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
        France got Chiefed.
        Japan decided to scout America.
        America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
        America cut Japan to 90 pop.
        Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
        USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
        Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
        Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
        USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
        Hitler deleted his account...
        USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post

Yeah Id tend to agree with that, or maybe they continued on the practice with their dead and down through the years it became a burial procedure with the various other bits of it coming in as time goes by...
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

See the idea I had was that the Egyptians took the brains out because they believe that was the only way to make sure the Goa'uld was dead....removing the organs was just for good measure
            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

no one ever said that the mummification was ever part, or had anything to do with, the goa'uld.

the sarcophagus was part, or at least influenced by the goa'uld. mummiication was to preserve the dead. nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by XxX_Kavan Smith_is_Mine_XxX View Post
                Maybe that was just to make sure there was no snake in the head...because Ra did leave after a rebellion
                Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                Yeah Id tend to agree with that, or maybe they continued on the practice with their dead and down through the years it became a burial procedure with the various other bits of it coming in as time goes by...
                Good points.

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                See the idea I had was that the Egyptians took the brains out because they believe that was the only way to make sure the Goa'uld was dead....removing the organs was just for good measure
                Or perhaps they just got a little carried away.
                ("Yep, I think he's dead now.")

Comment

Or maybe they figured the insides were full of all the healthy proteins and feel good enzymes and ate them.
                  O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                    Or maybe they figured the insides were full of all the healthy proteins and feel good enzymes and ate them.
                    They were preserved and put into vessels for storage, they need that stuff in the after life.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                      MABE THEY liked revmoving the brains and guts 4 fun or possibly food hahahahah but um good theory thoo
                      This might as well say Bing-Tiddle-Tiddle-Bong! It's complete gibberish! - Rodney Mckay

Comment

At any rate, I'm rapidly losing my appetite. (Think I'll cancel lunch today)

Comment

Working...
                        X