X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis the Season

Hey all,
    I am new to posting in this fourm but have been a loyal Stargate Fan from the beginning. I have also moderated fourms like this one in the past LOL
    Anyway it is almost christmas time, and I feel like we all need to discuss the fact that I have never seen a real christmassy episode of stargate. Granted they are usually on their Mid-Season break but what do you all think Should they show a Christmas Ep Next year, and if so what should it be like. Throw out some good ideas.
    " You can not gain anything without first giving something in exchange

Ed- Full Metal Alchemist

Welcome to Gateworld AA, this thread might be best in General folder
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Many series on TV do Holiday episodes. I think it would be a great idea.

Writers. . .are you reading???

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

lol.... I hope they do read. I personally would love to see an Ep where they all exchange presents and someone gives Teal'c a Jaffa joke book
        " You can not gain anything without first giving something in exchange

Ed- Full Metal Alchemist

Comment

I like it! A christmas episode or a new years one.
          It's strange how so many TV shows seem to do Christmas episodes, although obviously not Stargate, but not many seem to do new years episodes.

All the major holidays and birthdays are going to be important in Atlantis because it's not as if they can pop home and celebrate with their loved ones, so it'd work imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Elita
            All the major holidays and birthdays are going to be important in Atlantis because it's not as if they can pop home and celebrate with their loved ones, so it'd work imo.
            Atlantis is a much better setup for a holiday episode than SG-1 due to the fact that they are living there. At the SGC, teams were more or less at work. Sure, they had quarters on base, but SG-1 (with the except of Teal'c and Jonas) had their own places that they could go to while on leave. At Atlantis, the group actually lives there—it's their home at the moment. There's no leaving Atlantis to see friends and family, the other members of the expedition are their friends and family. And I, for one, would definitely like to see a holiday episode because it would reinforce the fact that Atlantis is their current way of life, as opposed to just a job.

And that's my two cents...
            My LiveJournal
            ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

I can just see the Gate draped in garland, everyone drinking Wassel, Weir indulging in the last box of Godiva chocolates, Sheppard in a Santa Hat, Beckett singing carols with that lovely accent, McKay playing the Grinch, chestnuts roasting over a ZPM. Can't quite see Teyla in an elf suit though.

Comment

I want Thor as santa

Comment

What if they go on a mision to a new planet and discover a new goauld who was suppose to be Santa.....
                  Last edited by AzMcNeil; 02 December 2004, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                    What if they go on a mision to a new planet and discover a new goauld who was suppose to Santa.....
                    Interesting mental picture forming. *LOL*

That low Goauld voice would be great for shouting, "Ho, ho, ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      Interesting mental picture forming. *LOL*

That low Goauld voice would be great for shouting, "Ho, ho, ho!"
                      LOL...I just got the best visual of Tanith in a fake beard giving Teal'c presents...LOL

Comment

You never know your luck. Maybe Moebius will turn out to be the 'It's a Wonderful Life' episode - an inevitable fixture in any series that runs for long enough - and at Christmas, Jack will have a crisis of confidence and be shown how much he has contributed to the world by an Ascended (the Stargate universe equivalent of a guardian angel, I guess).
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                        X