This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by any_gopher View Post

OH MY GOD thank you for sharing this. I've never caught a Big Finish sale I was hoping for, I always find out way after the fact.
    You're welcome.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was always disappointed we never got more of them. I eagerly purchased them as they released Season 1 and 2. I had to wait a little with Season 3 as they were more expensive being released in blocks of 3, and I never did get a physical copy of Part 2.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        I was always disappointed we never got more of them. I eagerly purchased them as they released Season 1 and 2. I had to wait a little with Season 3 as they were more expensive being released in blocks of 3, and I never did get a physical copy of Part 2.
        I didn't get into audiobooks/podcasts until very recently.

Way past the hype of all things.

Comment

I found them an absolute thrill at the time. Having the actual cast reading dialogue from the authors of the novels I loved? I was all onboard that. Then when they went full cast...amazing.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

So, almost half a year later:
            • Still no sign of life of Fandemonium
            • Still no new Stargate novels published
            • Still no new audiobooks either, except the old ones becoming available again

Comment

Such is the fate of "dead" franchises.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Such is the fate of "dead" franchises.
                Yes, well, I clearly remember that 2 years ago (or just about), when they were a guest in one of the episodes of Dial The Gate, they were telling that 2 new books were in the pipeline and they were even looking at audio books.

Those 2 new books never materialised.

GateWorld Darren You have any more information on this?

Comment

2 years ago was ... err... end of the pandemic... 2021 so maybe other things got in the way somehow.

Comment

If Stargate on TV truly is done, I feel like Amazon should just let Fandemonium (or whatever other publisher would like to tackle it) go nuts and let them do with it what Bantam/Del Rey did with Star Wars in the 90s when that franchise was thought to be finished. If we can't have a show, I'd love to get all sorts of books that not only continue the show, but spin off into their own characters and major storylines without having to capitulate to the show now that it's over.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
                    X