Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! Now if I can just find a bookstore somewhere semi-local that will carry these...
    "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
    "Who doesn't?"

Comment

Erm, i've seen like, 40-50 of the books selling for a £10 each on amazon.co.uk, (they're used like) but besides that they're fine i was considering getting a few.

Comment

Yes, but I despise buying online unless its absolutely necessary. Especially for used items.
        "Who doesn't?"

Comment

Liking the SGU cover. Not overly sure on the PBTT cover. Seems too bright for my liking. But regardless, looking forward to both. Esp Air. Had chance to finally read Do No Harm. I saved it for one of the later ones thinking it wasn't going to be very good. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. I read Alliances before diving into Do No Harm. Gotta say I love Karen's stuff. That said, I hope if she does do another SG1 novel she lets up on the Jack/Daniel conflict. Loved Dixon though. Hope to see him more.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I am sure the bright and shiny is to make up for the impenetrable darkness of the book

You know, I am kinda well known for plumbing the dark and murky depths, so it is rather nice to have something bright and shiny...

Comment

I'm not really that interested in the SG-1 or the Atlantis novels at the moment.
              Of course for those who've read my thread, I'd prefer to buy the Bill McCay sequel novels to the film AND THEN start buying the other novels. I only have the tie-in novel for the 1994 Film written by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich which I've owned since the film was released. I've only read it once since around the time of the FILM release.
              Figure the best place to search for the FILM sequel books would be on Amazon Marketplace.
              The Bill McCay sequel books to the FILM Canon are:
              Rebellion; Retalliation; Retribution; Reconnaissance; Resistance.

Is there a thread(s) as to how the SG-1 Canon books fit into the show? I know Wikipedia lists which season they take place in but I'd like to know which episodes they take between.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
                Is there a thread(s) as to how the SG-1 Canon books fit into the show? I know Wikipedia lists which season they take place in but I'd like to know which episodes they take between.
                Check out this timeline I put together. Most of the books have been placed with input from the others that post in ask the author's thread.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                  Check out this timeline I put together. Most of the books have been placed with input from the others that post in ask the author's thread.
                  Thanks! I consider SG-1 Canon to have their own version of the events of what happened in the 1994 film but with their characters only. I don't consider it different timelines, I consider them to be entirely different Canons.
                  For myself, the far higher priority is to get all I can for the FILM canon books/comics and then work on the SG-1 canon books/comics.
                  Ra is NOT Asgard or a Goa'uld System Lord in the FILM canon obviously and he could be the latter in the SG-1 Canon. For the same exact actors for the characters in both Canons, I'm pulling the exact duplicate trope. Film canon is far higher in terms of comparisons between it and SG-1 canon.
                  Pertaining to this consideration, Skaara is still alive in the Film canon and SG-1 I've completely forgotten. Same with the John Diel Ferreti and the SG-1 version being dead. Also for French Stewarts character being alive, unsure 100% since I haven't read the rest of the Film canon sequel books and comics.
                  I know this site is more heavily geared towards SG-1 canon but of course there are those of us who first encountered STARGATE 15 years ago in cinemas such as myself.
                  Will there be a version of the 1994 Film novelised so it fits more into the SG-1 canon? Meaning the SG-1 canon versions of the characters instead of the Film canon ones. I'd read that so I can have something to validate SG-1s canon for FILM canon. Of course it wouldn't be EXACTLY like the feature film since it should have SG-1-isms with the RDA O'Neill, Shanks Jackson and etc.

For my Stargate collection, what ever I own, I keep the Film canon and SG-1 canon seperated. Well, only since I figure it Emmerich/Devlin Film canon is FIRST and FOREMOST a priority for myself since they started the entire thing. The Wright/Glassner SG-1 canon only falls to a lower tier of the priority since they carried afterwards.
                  As stated in another thread, I only own Season 1 of SG-1 for the SG-1 canon so far. Sliding to more off topic, should I buy the complete series so I get the four extra DVD's of extras or wait for the Blu-ray releases? I KNOW the DTV/DTHM (Direct to Home Media) Ark of Truth/Continuum are sequels to SG-1 and shall be purchased AFTER I get the remaining SG-1 seasons.
                  Now for Atlantis, it also falls under SG-1 canon, yet I've only seen Seasons 1 and the majority of 2. Also read it merges alot with SG-1 and I've read a thread about that too.

Maybe I should rename SG-1 canon as SGC canon? I'll keep FILM canon the same of course.

Comment

These books are so good I read them over and over again as often as I re-watch the episodes!

Comment

They have SGU "AIR" listed on the Amazon US and Canadian sites. But as of right now, nothing on Chapters.Indigo's site, BOO!!!

It will be released on November 25th!!!

Want this book, but don't want to have to order it online. Want to buy it through Chapters. Indigo (two stores on the North Shore)!!!
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Ray, I think what you have to understand is that Stargate SG-1 is quite a lot like Buffy: the Vampire Slayer in terms of how you have to look at it in comparison with its parent film. The original Stargate, while certainly better remembered than the original Buffy, was still an only decent film, that has been propped up by the subsequent TV series. As far as separating them, well, I suppose that's your prerogative, but while there are differences, the movie was simply not made with a TV series in mind, so they had to alter some details to make the concept more logical for weekly excursions, and as far as having it on a 'lower tier', well, I think you should wait until you get to season 3 of SG-1 before making that assessment. I do have the McCay novels, but have not yet read any of them yet (been working on some of the Fandy SG-1 books).
                        "Who doesn't?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Domino View Post
                          Ray, I think what you have to understand is that Stargate SG-1 is quite a lot like Buffy: the Vampire Slayer in terms of how you have to look at it in comparison with its parent film. The original Stargate, while certainly better remembered than the original Buffy, was still an only decent film, that has been propped up by the subsequent TV series. As far as separating them, well, I suppose that's your prerogative, but while there are differences, the movie was simply not made with a TV series in mind, so they had to alter some details to make the concept more logical for weekly excursions, and as far as having it on a 'lower tier', well, I think you should wait until you get to season 3 of SG-1 before making that assessment. I do have the McCay novels, but have not yet read any of them yet (been working on some of the Fandy SG-1 books).
                          I know that. For the Season sets, I'm just saying I have seen a vast majority of SG-1, maybe the first season and a bit of the second of Atlantis, and every episode so far of Universe.
                          I just prefer to put them on seperate levels so I can better put my attention to the various related merchandise for their priorities. Meaning right now I have SGC on a lower tier for my priorities in terms for purchasing things from it. I'm even debating about purchasing the Complete Series since it has the exclusive 4 DVDs of extras. I mean it's only $109.99 on Amazon.com But I'm not liking the packaging very much. I prefer the Slimcase/Thinpak packaging.
                          Maybe it's because I've always wanted Emmerich/Devlin/Russell/Spader to complete their Trilogy I deem SG-1 to be slightly inferior, but still damn enjoyable, compared to the feature film? I think for now I'll use more of my money to funding merchandise from the Film canon for now and then of course interspersed with SGC Canon.
                          Would it be a safe bet to purchase the Atlantis: Fans Choice Blu-ray since it has the pilot and another episode? I haven't even seen alot of episodes of SG-1 Seasons 9 & 10 so purchasing both Ark of Truth and Continuum would be pointless for me right now.
                          If MGM ever did decide to release SG-1 onto Blu-ray, Season by Season along with the respective 4 DVD extras broken up to fit the respective Seasons, I wonder if they'll have a rebate for those who've purchased them onto DVD?
                          There's also the custom DVD artwork too which I'm considering a spanning set for. I mean for SGC Canon only.
                          I'm still looking for The Secrets of Stargate CD-ROM!

Comment

So it's November. Anyone know whether SGA: Dead End is still going to be released this month? I haven't heard anything for awhile now so I'm assuming it will but don't want to get my hopes up given the track record this year for SGA novels being released on time.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                              So it's November. Anyone know whether SGA: Dead End is still going to be released this month? I haven't heard anything for awhile now so I'm assuming it will but don't want to get my hopes up given the track record this year for SGA novels being released on time.
                              It's still listed for release on November 25 at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'll admit I'm somewhat tentative about Dead End. Well the SG science in it, what with the preview disappointing me. Excited for Air though.

Here's one I haven't seen:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-Atl...ref=pd_sim_b_1
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X